Wichita Wizards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita Wizards

I forgot all about this team. Thankfully Taylor wrote an article. Sounds like the league they were in fell apart so the owner of the the Wizards worked on creating a new league. The team plays at Friends.

Yahoo! - New league, new look, same winning results the goal for Wichita Wizards basketball team

After bringing professional basketball to Wichita in 2019 by creating his own team, Mark Creed has continued his passion project by helping create a new league for the Wizards to compete in.

The Mid-America Basketball Association debuted last weekend with the Wichita Wizards picking up a 115-106 win over the Kansas City Stealth at Garvey Center on Friends University’s campus.

Creed said fans can expect the same things from the Wizards: local talent winning big. The team has won its conference championship in all three years of its existence, a trend the Wizards hope to continue this season.

“I started the Wizards because I wanted to provide Wichita natives the chance to play professional basketball,” Creed said. “So it’s important to me that the majority of our players have always been native Wichitans or people who have moved here and now live here. Hopefully we can show that we can compete with everybody in our new league and see where we come out.”
    Sounds like they've started small but are focused on doing it right with this new league. Will be interesting to see if they can succeed and grow the league.

Wichita Wizards website

It's odd that they don't have a roster on the website. I'd be curious to know who else is on the team other that the couple mentioned in the article.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

I had forgotten all about them, as well until a month or so ago. My step-daughter is scheduled to sing the anthem at one of their games later this month.

Comment

Working...
    X