• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Lol a few months behind ShockTalk!
      I actually thought so but didn't read it and just thought I must have been thinking of someone else. I also looked at the last couple of entries on the thread and just went with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

You should be sorry. You started the thread that we talked about it in.

https://shockernet.net/forum/miscell...71#post1369272
        Hey, my memory isn't as sharp as WstateU .

Add: Not even a close race.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Hey, my memory isn't as sharp as WstateU .
          No, I'm sure yours is actually better... I've been known to tell the same joke over and over...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Varnsen;n1396977][/QUOTE]
            3cxiqf.jpg
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ShockTalk; May 18, 2023, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The greatest running back........no.......the greatest football player who ever lived.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  The greatest running back........no.......the greatest football player who ever lived.
                  You have to look at a Jim Brown through today’s lens. If you compare him to running backs today, Jim Brown would be a lesser deal. He was 6’2, 230, with a 32 “ waist, and ran a 4.5 40.

But in his day, NFL linemen topped out at 250 (today would be 330). Today’s NFL running backs weigh 215 and still run a 4.49 40. He would be a dominant RB today. The only difference is that today’s football players are much faster.

IOW, he would still be dominant, but his dominance would be less because today’s football player is much bigger, faster, stronger than in 1961.

In 1961, Jim Brown was a “freak”.

Comment

Not only the greatest RB ever, but arguably one of the 5 greatest football players ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You have to look at a Jim Brown through today’s lens. If you compare him to running backs today, Jim Brown would be a lesser deal. He was 6’2, 230, with a 32 “ waist, and ran a 4.5 40.

But in his day, NFL linemen topped out at 250 (today would be 330). Today’s NFL running backs weigh 215 and still run a 4.49 40. He would be a dominant RB today. The only difference is that today’s football players are much faster.

IOW, he would still be dominant, but his dominance would be less because today’s football player is much bigger, faster, stronger than in 1961.

In 1961, Jim Brown was a “freak”.
                      Jim Brown had access to none of the modern day strength and conditioning equipment, staff or theories available to today’s athletes to say nothing of nutritional options which at best was a pizza pie and strong coffee in the 60s, again, at BEST. If you don’t think modern day Jim Brown wouldn’t have been 265 and run <4.31 I can’t help you.

Comment

Just imagine what Jim Thorpe could have done with today's training and knowledge.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Jim Brown had access to none of the modern day strength and conditioning equipment, staff or theories available to today’s athletes to say nothing of nutritional options which at best was a pizza pie and strong coffee in the 60s, again, at BEST. If you don’t think modern day Jim Brown wouldn’t have been 265 and run <4.31 I can’t help you.
                          Of course, he would have been 30 more pounds. JB didn't know what a weight looked like. In high school he participated in football, basketball, T&F (High Jump was one of his best events), baseball, and LaCrosse. At Syracuse, he lettered in football, basketball, T&F, and LaCrosse, and was an AA in football and lacrosse.

My point was that he was a natural, physical, Superman in the late 1950's and early 60's, Today, the RB in the NFL is an afterthought. Then it was the equivalent of the QB today, and at 6'2, 230 (often the biggest and fastest man on the field), who ran a 4.5 without any weights/conditioning, he knew no bounds.

Comment

RIP Tina

Comment

A legend from a realm we don't often mention on here, but I felt he was deserving of acknowledgment as some may care.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I watched a special on him just the other day.

Comment

Working...
                                X