Another one bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    At last he is united with the crew of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Seriously very underrated song writer and artist.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Agree, great song, great artist. RIP GL

Here’s another one of my favorites…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Agree, great song, great artist. RIP GL

Here’s another one of my favorites…

This is on my favorite rotation, along with "If you could read my mind".
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Almost forgot how great this song is/was…

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Almost forgot how great this song is/was…

Yeah another great one! Also on my fav rotation. Forgot about that one.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

A lot of great lyrics/poetry in the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. My favorite line:

Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn minutes to hours.
              Gordon Lightfoot contributed all of his earnings from this song to a fund setup to benefit the surviving spouses and children of the 29 crewmen lost.

There is a ShipWreck Museum at Whitefish Point in the upper peninsula of MIchigan.

The searchers all said they'd have made Whitefish Bay had they put 15 more miles behind her.
              Museum patrons learn about the perils of maritime transport on the Great Lakes at the Whitefish Point Light Station, an historic site on the National Register of Historic Places. It is also home of the Whitefish Point Light Tower, which has been in continuous operation since 1861, making it the oldest operating lighthouse on Lake Superior.

OPEN: MAY 1 - OCT 31 DAILY: 9 AM - 5 PM Join GLSHS & Save! Contribute & Preserve History

My wife and I visited there about 25 years ago and at that time the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald was a big part of the museum and I'm sure it still is.

If you are ever up in that area I highly recommend that for a visit as well as Tahquamenon Falls State Park just south of Whitefish Point and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore about 60 miles west of Whitefish Point (as the crow flies but it's a longer drive). If you visit Pictured Rocks you really need to take one of the commercial boat tours to see the lakeshore from the Lake.

Lake Superior is something else. It holds 10% of the earth's surface fresh water.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 2, 2023, 02:23 PM.

Comment

It was a while back, and I'm too lazy to look it up because its not recruiting news, and I'm going to mess this up, take all the water out of Lake Superior and it will cover the United States in entirety with 1-2 feet of water.

Comment

2900 cubic miles of water. 10% of all the fresh water in the world. Enough to flood North and South America with a foot of water.

That's 3,000,000,000,000,000 (quadrillion) gallons.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    2900 cubic miles of water. 10% of all the fresh water in the world. Enough to flood North and South America with a foot of water.

That's 3,000,000,000,000,000 (quadrillion) gallons.
                    Nice to find something bigger than our national debt. But another 2 zeroes and we'll be there.

Comment

Tim Bachman is done takin care of business

Comment

Former MVP left-hander Vida Blue passed away at the age of 73, per an announcement by the Athletics. A six-time All Star and three-time World Series champion, Blue played seventeen seasons in the major leagues. In 1971, Vida was 24-8 with a 1.82 ERA—at age 21. Nine times he threw more than 220 innings in a season. Overall, Blue finished his playing career with a 209 wins, a 3.27 ERA, and 2,175 strikeouts in 3,343 1/3 innings.

Comment

'Cheers' and Disney's 'Toothless' Star Kirstie Alley Dies at 71 (msn.com)

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere and I just missed it. Big WSU fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Lol a few months behind ShockTalk!

Comment

You should be sorry. You started the thread that we talked about it in.

Kirstie Alley Dead at 71 - E! Online (eonline.com) (https://www.eonline.com/news/1357125/kirstie-alley-dead-at-71) Former Wichita native dies after a short battle against cancer at age 71.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

She passed December 5, 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X