No announcement yet.

I Don't Know Where To Put This, But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously though, the person that went to the trouble of paying for a microchip wins, hands down. They did everything they could to prevent a lost/stolen cat situation and I guarantee paid for the birth control and shots.

The NC lady better prove she had taken the cat to a vet and had it checked for a microchip, otherwise she's suspicious for stealing the cat.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Seriously though, the person that went to the trouble of paying for a microchip wins, hands down. They did everything they could to prevent a lost/stolen cat situation and I guarantee paid for the birth control and shots.

The NC lady better prove she had taken the cat to a vet and had it checked for a microchip, otherwise she's suspicious for stealing the cat.
      She had taken it to the vet, but it obviously wasn't to check for a microchip. She's using a history of vet bills as cause for her case. But I agree that the chip pretty much trumps all.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

A new way to build. It's relatively fast and cheap and doesn't need a lot of on site workers. It's also fairly quiet and shouldn't disturb the neighbors. And it can withstand nearly 300mph winds.

Across Florida, Buildings Are Quietly and Quickly Being Assembled with Real-Life LEGO Bricks

A Florida construction firm is seeing fast adoption of its intuitively-made building blocks that work like real-life LEGO bricks.

The interlocking blocks made of a mineral composite and reinforced with glass fiber can be quickly and quietly assembled into walls, floors, and even roofs, with a special adhesive and a rubber mallet being the only tools workers need to get the job done.

By using a process similar to injection molding, Renco USA can take the material and turn it into a variety of shapes, from the standard LEGO bricks to roofbeams and joists. No heavy cutting, welding, or masonry is needed on the job site, and contractors installing plumbing, ventilation, or electrical work can treat the finished block walls like normal concrete.

In Palm Springs, a $21 million, 96-unit housing complex near West Palm Beach is being built by just 11 workers using the blocks and adhesive. Without any cranes or lifts, and no bench saws or metal cutting equipment, the neighbors heard only the muted thud of the rubber mallets.

According to industry reporters, ongoing labor shortages and volatile markets in both steel and concrete are making America’s go-to building strategy for over 100 years more and more difficult to budget for.

Renco’s building system combines standard materials from other industries, like methyl methacrylate glue used in heavy vehicle manufacturing, and recycled glass fiber to reinforce the stability of supply chains and make costs lower and more predictable.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

CBS 42 - Not enough evidence to charge BTK serial killer in Oklahoma cold case, district attorney says

An Oklahoma district attorney said Monday there was insufficient information to pursue charges against the serial killer known as BTK in an Osage County cold case.

Last month, Osage County authorities said Dennis Rader, the Kansas man convicted of being the BTK serial killer in Wichita, was “a prime suspect” in some unsolved missing persons cases, including that of Cynthia Dawn Kinney, of Pawhuska, Oklahoma.

Last week, the Osage County, Oklahoma, undersheriff said they have at least four “pretty strong connections” to cold case investigations linked to Rader that they feel could go to trial.

On Monday, District Attorney Mike Fisher said he was not at a point where he could press charges against Rader.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Tony Dungy corrects ESPN for their characterization of Coco Gauff as just “soaking in her win” at the U.S. Open Tennis Championship, when she was actually praying. Tony’s a brave Christian, as is 19 year old Coco Gauff. Not many would have this kind of courage in a world where “Relativism” rules, and “faith” is belittled.

Comment

The final was elite tennis. Both ladies played their hearts out and the fans were amazing, reminding me of the Opens of yesterday when you had loud, sometimes even obnoxious but always engaged New York sports fans at their finest. And yes, they were behind Gauff probably 95%+, but that's how it rolls in Gotham (or Queens, or Flushing Meadows...your choice).

I am a big Coco Gauff fan. Have been since I first saw her play. I love her game and if she stays healthy she could be a 2nd tier great behind the likes of Williams, Graf, Navratilova etc.

But I just don't like the made up enemies take. Her whining about all the "haters" lost me in 2 seconds of a WONDERFUL moment of triumph. There are no "haters" Coco, certainly none that matter one iota. You're a major champion, and a great one at that. You don't need to make up an enemy and you certainly don't need to give them reasons to keep it up. Just be great.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                The final was elite tennis. Both ladies played their hearts out and the fans were amazing, reminding me of the Opens of yesterday when you had loud, sometimes even obnoxious but always engaged New York sports fans at their finest. And yes, they were behind Gauff probably 95%+, but that's how it rolls in Gotham (or Queens, or Flushing Meadows...your choice).

I am a big Coco Gauff fan. Have been since I first saw her play. I love her game and if she stays healthy she could be a 2nd tier great behind the likes of Williams, Graf, Navratilova etc.

But I just don't like the made up enemies take. Her whining about all the "haters" lost me in 2 seconds of a WONDERFUL moment of triumph. There are no "haters" Coco, certainly none that matter one iota. You're a major champion, and a great one at that. You don't need to make up an enemy and you certainly don't need to give them reasons to keep it up. Just be great.
                Nice narrative that I haven’t heard about. Maybe you can expound. But it sounds like a totally different one from the narrative above that Tony Dungy points to.

Comment

It was part of her on the court post match speech (which in general I despise and have since they started it...with the exception of Novak's impersonation of Nadal and Sharapova back in the day which was hilarious).

I loved the words from Dungy. Totally separate things.

Comment

I like these stories for some reason. A little late, but I didn't see this one yesterday but I was also busier at work than usual.

MSN - WWII veteran's remains to arrive at Eisenhower Airport Thursday

Staff Sergeant Wesley “Bub” Leon Jones, 22, was killed in action on Aug. 1, 1943, when his B-24 Bomber was hit by enemy fire. His remains had been amongst the “unknowns” at an American cemetery in Belgium until earlier this year when his body was identified using modern forensic techniques.

His remains are being repatriated in order to be laid to rest next to his parents, Aral and Sherman Jones.
                    He would go on to train in the Air Corps and became a tail gunner on a B-24D Liberator Bomber.

Wesley was based in the desert of Libya, where he and members of the 9th Air Force flew missions over Italy. During his service, he received the moniker “Suck ‘Em in Jonesy.”

On Aug. 18, 1943, Aral received a telegram reporting that he was missing in action.

Aral and Sherman were presented with Wesley’s awards after his passing. On July 4, 1944, Aral and Sherman were presented with a distinguished flying cross with one oak leaf cluster and the air medal with four oak leaf clusters. On Oct. 8, 1944, Aral received a letter informing her that Welsy was awarded the Purple Heart posthumously.

According to Dignity Memorial, Wesley had a story that would be printed in local newspapers and national magazines in the 1940s. Click here to find out more.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Goats don't eat grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Goats don't eat grass.
                          That is true, I think they prefer curry.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Goats don't eat grass.
                            Isn't that a "yes and no"? They should not eat tall fescue (not safe), but scrub grasses, even crabgrass and burmuda should be fine. I thought goats could pick and choose what the prefer while grazing. Also, that they need a variety in their diet.

Comment

• GOAT eating Curry for lunch ...

Comment

• Nothin should eat tall fescue grass when it's mature and headed out. Goats, in my experience, won't eat any kind of grass unless they are starved to it. They like weeds, tree leaves, and forbs of all kinds. Many municipalities bring in hundreds of goats (like in this example) to eliminate poison ivy and other undesirables in leu of applying chemicals to control them. Pretty cool concept.

Comment

Working...
                                X