I Don't Know Where To Put This, But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If they find something is it possible it reopens the pathway to capital punishment?
    I'm all for capital punishment in most cases, but it might be better to keep him alive for now; especially if this Oklahoma 'dig' helps solve another cold case. I'm flabbergasted that there would be anything left in the ground at his former Park City home; you would have thought they would have turned every piece of dirt. Of course, it might be as simple as a sample of dirt from the property. Forensics has advanced considerably since his arrest.

I wonder if him and the Carr brothers are sharing a cell?
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Hate to go off topic (I'd love to see Rader roast) but does anyone know about the drowning in a College Hill (home) pool over the weekend? 40 year old male, name not released? Wondering who it was and or who's home?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Hate to go off topic (I'd love to see Rader roast) but does anyone know about the drowning in a College Hill (home) pool over the weekend? 40 year old male, name not released? Wondering who it was and or who's home?
        Haven't heard a name, only that they believed no foul play was involved.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Well, the OK Sheriff seems pretty sure Rader is responsible for the disappearance of Kinney.

KAKE - Sheriff: Dennis Rader is suspect in disappearance of Oklahoma teen, other unsolved cases

Authorities on Tuesday dug up a section of the grounds where the self-proclaimed BTK Killer's Park City home once stood. Osage County Sheriff Eddie Virden tells KAKE News that during the search, they found some items deep in the ground. They also found some items during a previous excavation of the property in April, including a piece of pantyhose that was ripped up and aged.

Virden said Wednesday that in his opinion, he's 100% certain Rader is involved in the disappearance of Cynthia Kinney, a 16-year-old cheerleader who was last seen at a laundromat in Pawhuska, Oklahoma on June 23, 1976.

Across the street from that laundromat in 1976, a bank was having new alarms installed, Virden said, and Rader was a regional installer for ADT. The sheriff's office looked into whether Rader installed the systems, but wasn't able to confirm.

Virden said that in writings for the book Rader was working on, he had a project titled "bad laundry day," and the date was 1976. He said that when he saw that and has a missing person who was last seen at a laundromat, he had to investigate.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Apparently there's a second case where they have him as a suspect. This one would be different as the victim was actually raped as well, something Rader never did to the 10 victims we know about.

Everything GP - Oklahoma authorities name the BTK killer as the 'prime suspect' in at least two unsolved cases

Osage County, Oklahoma, Undersheriff Gary Upton told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the investigation into whether Dennis Rader was responsible for additional crimes started with the re-examination last year of the 1976 disappearance of Cynthia Kinney in Pawhuska. The case, which was investigated on and off over the years, was reopened in December.

Upton said the investigation “spiraled out from there” into other unsolved murders and missing persons cases.”

“We sit just on the other side of the state line from Kansas and Wichita, which is his stomping grounds. And so yeah, we were following leads based off of our investigations and just unpacked other missing persons and murders, unsolved homicides that possibly point towards BTK,” he said.

Upton said another case that is being re-examined is the death of 22-year-old Shawna Beth Garber, whose body was discovered in December 1990 in McDonald County, Missouri. An autopsy revealed she had been raped, strangled and restrained with different bindings about two months before her body was found. Her remains weren’t identified until 2021.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Apparently there's a second case where they have him as a suspect. This one would be different as the victim was actually raped as well, something Rader never did to the 10 victims we know about.

Everything GP - Oklahoma authorities name the BTK killer as the 'prime suspect' in at least two unsolved cases
              I can see why he wouldn't have admitted to anything outside of Kansas. He's sick, but he isn't a dummy...

"Lethal injection is the only permitted method of execution. Generally, death sentences are rarely issued in Kansas. There is no "death row" in Kansas, as inmates are housed at the El Dorado Correctional Facility along with other inmates in administrative segregation."

"Oklahoma is the one of two states allowing more than three methods of execution in its statutes, providing lethal injection which is Oklahoma's primary method, nitrogen hypoxia, electrocution and firing squad to be used in that order if all earlier methods are unavailable or found to be unconstitutional."

"Capital punishment is a legal penalty in the U.S. state of Missouri and was first used in 1810 in the form of hanging. From 1810 to 1965, 285 people were executed. From 1976-1988 none were executed, and from 1989-2021 91 persons were executed."

Comment

In Oklahoma the death penalty wasn't re-legalized until July of 1976, while Kinney went missing in June. But Missouri could be an answer.

I am not a fan of lethal injection or the chair. I think firing squad is a better way. And I think Rader deserves it many times over. Society should not be paying to keep him alive.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  In Oklahoma the death penalty wasn't re-legalized until July of 1976, while Kinney went missing in June. But Missouri could be an answer.

I am not a fan of lethal injection or the chair. I think firing squad is a better way. And I think Rader deserves it many times over. Society should not be paying to keep him alive.
                  Slow steam roller might be my preference…

Comment

Comment

Paper or plastic?

Paper Straws Revealed to Contain Toxic Chemicals

Wait, you mean it's a bad idea to get rid of proven products in favor of hysterical "green" solutions based on no actual scientific evidence? That's the story after it was recently revealed that almost all paper straws and their bamboo alternatives contain toxic chemicals known as "forever chemicals."

According to the report, a study in Belgium found that 18 out of 20 paper straws tested, and four out of five bamboo straws, contained what are called PFAS. They are called "forever chemicals" because linger "almost permanently" in the environment, from the soil to the water supply.
                      Some paper and bamboo straws contain so-called "forever chemicals" that could make them a less-than-ideal alternative to plastic, researchers have found.

Scientists in Belgium recently tested dozens of straws from supermarkets, retail stores and fast-food restaurants in the country, and found that the majority contained PFAS — a family of synthetic chemicals used in the manufacture of consumer products because they can resist stains, grease and water.

So just how toxic are these chemicals? According to researchers, they are associated with everything from low birth weight to risk of cancer.

Comment

“And then after he was arrested, we found out later that he had massive fantasies about those specific locations. So now we’re driving around trying to find those by my memory and noting them because we need to go see, is there anybody missing or buried there.”

BTK serial killer’s chilling drawings released amid search for new victims (msn.com)

Comment

Eeesh

Comment

This is crazy

Entire Family Shares Same Birthday as Twins Are Born the Same Day as Both Their Parents

A couple with the same birthday is thrilled after their twins were born—on the same day. The entire family now shares the same birthday.

Scierra Blair couldn’t believe it when her doctor revealed their babies were ready to be born ten days earlier than their due date, and she was told to go straight to the hospital to deliver the twins.

She and her partner José Ervin welcomed the babies, José Jr. and Aria, 30 minutes after midnight on August 18 in Cleveland, Ohio.

The 30-year-olds were told one of the babies were breached, Scierra would have to have a C section.

“At this point it was around 5pm and they were healthy,” recalled José, “so I suggested we wait for a few hours so they could be born on our birthday.”

They met last year when Jose “kept seeing her around” and took it as a sign to speak to her. When she revealed her birthday to be the same as his, José thought she was joking until he saw her ID—then took it as another sign they should be together.

He is “beyond happy” that they can share their big day with their children now too.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

This is interesting...

Inside Edition - Whose Cat Is It? Fierce Custody Battle Over Feline Named Bob, AKA Maui

What seemed to be a feel-good story about a long-lost cat being returned to its owner has spiraled into a custody battle stretching from Kansas to North Carolina.

Carol Holmes lives in Kansas and says her cat, Bob, disappeared 10 years ago. She was notified over the weekend by a vet in North Carolina that her pet had miraculously been found, thanks to his microchip.
                              Alex Streight lives in North Carolina and says the feline's name is Maui, and that she has been his common-law mother for the last decade.

Now the women are battling for custody of the black-and-white kitty, which is now in the custody of animal control officials, who are tasked with deciding who is the rightful owner of Bob. Or Maui.
                              “The cat is in protective custody,” Dr. Jennifer Federico of North Carolina's Wake County Animal Control stated. “The cat is safe and isolated.”
                              So a lady says she found the cat in Wichita 10 years ago and couldn't find the owner and had no idea it was chipped. Now that it was picked up by animal control in North Carolina and the chip connects it to a woman in Wichita, it's an issue. NC lady says since she's taken care of the cat for the last decade it should be hers, the Wichita lady says it's hers and the chip proves it.

If NC lady didn't willingly take the cat and not try to find the owner then I get her side, but would have a hard time ignoring the chip that clearly shows the Wichita woman was the proper owner before someone took the cat away from her.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Arrest the NC cat stealer for theft.

Comment

Working...
                                X