No announcement yet.

I Don't Know Where To Put This, But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting potential if they can ever figure out how to utilize or enhance this little discovery.

Stunned Researchers Discover that Metals Can Heal Themselves 'Without Human Intervention'

Scientists for the first time have witnessed pieces of metal crack, then fuse back together without any human intervention, overturning fundamental scientific theories in the process.

If the newly discovered phenomenon can be harnessed, it could usher in an engineering revolution—one in which self-healing engines, bridges, and airplanes could reverse damage caused by wear and tear, making them safer and longer-lasting.

The research team from Sandia National Laboratories and Texas A&M University described their findings today in the journal Nature.

“This was absolutely stunning to watch first-hand,” said Sandia materials scientist Brad Boyce.

“What we have confirmed is that metals have their own intrinsic, natural ability to heal themselves, at least in the case of fatigue damage at the nanoscale,” he told the Laboratory’s press.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This is an unbelievable story, but it's true.

93 years young: 'Stubborn' grandpa summits Yosemite's iconic Half Dome (msn.com)

If you have been to Yosemite Park, you probably know about the hike to the top of Half Dome. If not, I've included a National Park Service video.

half dome hike difficulty - Yahoo Video Search Results

Comment

This is totally awesome and made my day...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

This is interesting. It looks funny as hell, but seems to work pretty good. There's video at the bottom of the link.

New 18-Wheel Electric All-Terrain Vehicle is a Versatile World First

Finnish company 18 Wheels say they have developed and produced a unique patented suspension for the so-called “eco ATV” that utilizes 18 wheels so as not to overly disturb the soil underneath it.

“Our ATV does not destroy the soil, is safe for nature, and has a significantly better dynamic performance and cross-country ability than any ATV,” said the company, ensuring any doubters that this machine is not a party piece.

The first prototype device was built last year to test the hypothesis and suspension on different soils.

18 Wheels say that prototype featured a suspension system that provides a special trajectory of movement and is equipped with an independent electric motor inside, the same as some electric or hybrid performance cars which can calculate how much power to send to each wheel in order to improve cornering speed and stability.

“After six months of testing, we designed the second prototype already in the public design and are now building it,” 18 Wheels report.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Thought this was pretty special… Ole Ross and I watched the Monrovians play a couple of times and I remember them fondly. Glad they’re finally getting recognized by the Surge…

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                Thought this was pretty special… Ole Ross and I watched the Monrovians play a couple of times and I remember them fondly. Glad they’re finally getting recognized by the Surge…

Wow that's pretty dang cool!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Great Kansas story…

Comment

What if?

If Replicated, New Physics Discovery Could Grant Levitation to Any Device via Ambient Pressure Magnetics

If a new discovery published by South Korean physicists on a pre-print server is proven through replication, it could be one of the most important discoveries in applicable physics.

That’s because the team believes they have discovered materials that act as “room-temperature, ambient pressure superconductors.”

That’s the physics term; the layman’s term would be utopian, science-fiction, or meriting the milestone to mark the 4th technological revolution—something that would change the world forever.

Understandably, there is extreme skepticism surrounding the two papers, including from their own authors. Sukbae Lee, one of the authors, stated that another author, Professor Kwon, published their experiments on the pre-print server Arxiv without consulting the other authors, and before they had been properly written, leading to skeptics in the broader community calling some of the data “sloppy” and “fishy.”

With that extraordinary caveat in place, let’s take a look at their findings. The team identified a lead-based compound called LK-99 which is supposedly a superconductor.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

New National Monument Spans 1 Million Sacred Acres Linking Indian Reservations to the Grand Canyon

1 million acres of public land to the north, south, and northeast, of Grand Canyon National Park have officially been turned into a national monument after lobbying efforts by Arizona tribal nations.

In English, it is to be called Ancestral Footprints of the Grand Canyon National Monument, based on the translations of the proposed name by the Havasupai and Hopi nations of Baaj Nwaavjo I’tah Kukveni, which means “where our ancestors roamed.”

The new monument protects thousands of cultural and sacred sites—places of natural beauty like spring-fed waterfalls, or Gray Mountain, called Dziłbeeh by the Navajo, which are precious to tribal nations in the Southwest.

The twelve tribes that joined together as part of the lobbying effort included the Havasupai Tribe, Hopi Tribe, Hualapai Tribe, Navajo Nation, Yavapai-Apache Nation, Pueblo of Zuni, the Colorado River Indian Tribe, and five separate bands of the Paiute.

“Being part of this announcement means everything to me,” stated Interior Secretary Deb Haaland, the first Native American cabinet secretary, herself a Laguna Pueblo. “After the establishment of Grand Canyon National Park in 1919, the Havasupai people were driven out from their lands.”
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I just pulled up the Cessna Stadium webcam to check in and saw a marching band practicing. Ours?

Comment

Probably the Shocker Sound Machine. Mandatory Band Camp being held this week.

https://www.wichita.edu/academics/fi...s_athletic.php

It sounds like their rehearsals are open to the public.

We would love to have you experience the WSU Athletic Bands with us.

Rehearsal Schedule:

Monday / Thursday

7:30 PM to 9:30 PM

I assume the rehearsals will be in Koch Arena but you should check on that if you want to check them out. I am also assuming this will probably be both the Shocker Sound Basketball Band as well as the Shocker Sound Machine marching ensemble.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 15, 2023, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            Probably the Shocker Sound Machine. Mandatory Band Camp being held this week.

Comment

??

Comment

God walks through his paradise, and sees Adam

"Hello Adam, how is your day?" says God

"It's a good day God!"

"So where is Eve?"

"Oh, Eve is washing her crotch in the river"

"Oh No!" says God, "I'll never get that smell out of my fishes!"

Comment

Working...
                                X