No announcement yet.

I Don't Know Where To Put This, But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve always liked Jim Rome. FHCGM was always a great interview…

”Straight cash homey”

Here’s a 1990’s classic…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The young Romey days. He's come a long way since then. I haven't listened to him in a while, but used to listen religiously. Even went to his KC "Tour Stop" back when he was doing those.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Not that I support bullying, but it really does often times come down to how you handle it on an internal level. I know a lot more can go into with depending on your mental health and such as well.

But here's a story of a young woman who was bullied about her appearance as a young teen and has transformed her life for what seems to be the better. She definitely seems like she's in a good place.

Teen Bullied Over Her Weight Goes On to Become Cheerleading Coach and Beauty Queen Finalist

A student who was picked-on for being an overweight teenager has shut down the bullies by becoming a cheerleading coach and Miss England semi-finalist.

Sophie McGarva said she was mocked by cruel classmates after she reached almost 200 pounds during middle school by gorging on junk food and snacks before turning 13.

The Englishwoman suffered from low self-esteem but became determined to “prove everyone wrong” and went on to lose 49 pounds. Now 21, Sophie even made the semi-finals of the Miss England competition last weekend.

The English Literature degree student now keeps in shape by coaching cheerleading for the ‘YSJ Kats’ at York St John University and going to the gym three times a week.

“The issues with my weight first started once I got to secondary school,” explained the North Yorkshire woman. “I wasn’t very sporty then and I was eating a lot of bad food, like chocolates and sweets..

“But at that point you start to become more image aware and the girls around me were all really slim.

“I was never too concerned, but then a few girls started picking on me because of my size and saying mean and horrible things.

“I even reported it to teachers at one point, but it was sort of brushed under the carpet, which didn’t help matters.

“After about a year of this, I knew it was time for a change and I became determined to prove everyone wrong.

“I also wanted to prove to myself that if I put my mind to something I could do it. So I began watching my diet and exercising more.”

After getting into dance, swimming, and ice-skating, she lost almost 50 pounds.

“I have maintained this determined, strong-willed mindset in my adulthood and I still go to the gym.”

“Once I got to university I wanted to join a society as they say that’s the best way to meet people. I chose cheerleading and it just went from there. I now choreograph routines and teach up to a level two standard.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I really don't follow the NBA, nor do I really care to do so that closely, but I saw this headline and figured it needed to be shared as you don't see lifetime bans used often.

Yahoo! - Jontay Porter receives lifetime ban from NBA for violating gambling rules

Jontay Porter of the Toronto Raptors has been given a lifetime ban by the NBA for violating the league's gambling rules.

The NBA released a statement Wednesday announcing and explaining its ruling.

"A league investigation found that Porter violated league rules by disclosing, confidential information to sports fetters, limiting his own participation in one or more games for betting purposes, and betting on NBA games," the statement read.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• There is very little good that comes from legalized sports gambling.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              There is very little good that comes from legalized sports gambling.
              You are probably correct.

With that being said ...
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Holy crap

Comment

• Dude looked like he was holding a grapefruit not a basketball.

Comment

• Shaq is massive. Adegoke is Biblical.

Comment

• I'm not putting this negativity in the local new thread and don't want to create one just for these two scum bags. But, since it's also in the news I figured it should be shared as we're all pretty familiar with the case I'm sure.

Fox News - Kansas brothers on death row for 'Wichita massacre' quadruple killing seek resentencing hearing

Attorneys for two brothers who were sentenced to die in a quadruple killing known as the "Wichita massacre" will argue Monday for a formal resentencing hearing, the latest in a long series of appeals.

How the sentencing was handled has long been a point of contention because the two brothers — Jonathan and Reginald Carr — had a joint hearing when jurors considered their punishments. Prosecutors plan to oppose the latest effort.

The prosecution has long argued that the brothers broke into a home in December 2000 and forced the three men and two women there to have sex with one another and later to withdraw money from ATMs. Jonathan Carr was 20 and Reginald Carr was 23 when the murders occurred; they are now 44 and 46, and both are incarcerated at the state’s maximum-security prison in El Dorado, about 30 miles northeast of Wichita.
                        I'm not in favor of government sanctioned executions but I understand both sides of that argument.

I won't lose any sleep if these two are ever disposed of though. I don't think either has denied being involved so it's not like there's a chance either are actually innocent.

I'd rather shitty people stay in prison for a long time rather than risk executing any more innocent people, which has happened.

I doubt anything ever comes from these appeals other than wasting more and more tax dollars fighting their death sentences in court.

Which is one of the arguments against the death penalty, as all of the excessive legal battles drive up costs as they're generally done more than life or insanely long sentences. Which is one reason those give life actually cost tax payers less money than those sentenced to death. The death penalty also doesn't deter people from committing heinous crimes.

One day or another, these two scum bags will rot in hell.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I believe there should be exceptions with executions and circumstances where they should receive a life sentence, however I'd prefer these two cold-blooded killers get the Richard Hickock and Perry Smith treatment or a 'slow steamroller' would also suffice... seems like fair treatment for the 'lowest of the lowest' of scum on the face of the earth...

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Do not get on WstateU's bad side.

Comment

• Yahoo! - Judge denies new sentencing hearing for 2 brothers awaiting execution for 'Wichita massacre'

A Kansas judge on Monday denied a request for a resentencing hearing for two brothers awaiting execution for a quadruple killing known as the “Wichita massacre,” ruling that he lacks jurisdiction to approve a reexamination of the sentences.

The legal setback was the latest for Jonathan Carr, 44, and Reginald Carr, 46. Last year, the U.S. Supreme Court refused to request a formal resentencing hearing, a decision that came a little less than a year after the Kansas Supreme Court ruled that the two brothers had received fair trials and upheld their death sentences.

“I don’t know that I can do anything about that sentence until somebody vacates it,” Sedgewick County Chief Judge Jeff Goering said at the hearing.

Attorneys for the Carr brothers said they planned to appeal.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Time for something uplifting…

31 year old Cam Booser made his MLB debut Friday.

81K likes, 449 comments - mlbonfox on April 20, 2024: "Cam Booser walked away from baseball in 2017 to become a carpenter before making a comeback in 2021 with an independent team. He made hi...".

Even after Cam Booser walked away from baseball in 2017 and turned to carpentry following a series of injuries and setbacks, he would think about the game every single day.

Comment

Working...
                                X