No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghana win a penalty and Ayew takes it horribly, pausing a few times in his run-up to the ball. Uruguayan keeper saves it easily.

My thought is that you always try to put it on frame with some pace, instead of trying to get too cute with it. Jamie Vardy is someone who does this really well.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Uruguay up 1-0.

Comment

• 2-0 Uruguay

Comment

• S. Korea ties it. 1-1

Comment

• Seeing reports that the Dutch are dealing with a flu outbreak on the roster and that includes Frenkie de Jong.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Seeing reports that the Dutch are dealing with a flu outbreak on the roster and that includes Frenkie de Jong.
              Man, I hope not. We want to beat them full strength and not get exposed to the flu. Yeesh.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Kel Varnsen is Portugal a pretty old team, relatively speaking?

Comment

• Average age of rosters at the 2022 World Cup rosters, as compiled by FIFA: Ghana 24.7 United States 25.2 Spain 25.3 Ecuador 25.6 Morocco 26.2 Senegal 26.3 Cameroon 26.3 Wales 26.4 England 26.4 France 26.5 Netherlands 26.6 Germany 26.8 Portugal 26.8 Serbia 26.9 Canada 26.9 Qatar 27.0 Switzerland…

This lists them as 26.8 about in the middle.

Comment

• Holy Korea!
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• DRAMA!! Uruguay is in trouble now!

Comment

• Uruguay with some good chances to get their 3rd.

Comment

• Group G is last up correct?

Brazil is in.
                          Switzerland looks like they're in with a win or a tie against Serbia.
                          Serbia has to win to have a chance.
                          Cameroon has to beat Brazil to have a chance.

I'm guessing the game to watch would be Switzerland and Serbia as I'm assuming Brazil should take care of Cameroon.

Also, why does South Korea advance over Uruguay? I'm curious as to what decides that tiebreaker when they have the same Points and Goal Differential and tied head to head.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Group G is last up correct?

Brazil is in.
                            Switzerland looks like they're in with a win or a tie against Serbia.
                            Serbia has to win to have a chance.
                            Cameroon has to beat Brazil to have a chance.

I'm guessing the game to watch would be Switzerland and Serbia as I'm assuming Brazil should take care of Cameroon.

Also, why does South Korea advance over Uruguay? I'm curious as to what decides that tiebreaker when they have the same Points and Goal Differential and tied head to head.
                            I will probably watch Switz/Serbia.

The first tie breaker is Goal Differential. Both Uruguay and S. Korea had a 0 Goal Differential. The second is Goals scored. S. Korea had 4 goals scored, Uruguay had 2. Thus S. Korea advances.

If Uruguay would have scored a 3rd goal then they would have advanced with a +1 Goal Differential.

If it is still tied they look at Head to Head results, Head to Head Goal Differential, Head to Head goals scored and finally who ever plays the nicest.

Comment

• Have to imagine that Ghanaian players did not lose sleep over preventing Uruguay from advancing.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• SUUUUuuuuuuuIIIII!! (Think Arkansas)

Comment

Working...
                                X