Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    World Cup Schedule.pdf

If you want a simple printable Excel type schedule.
    Nice!! Too painful to add TV channel?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Nice!! Too painful to add TV channel?
      Hah, I figured most folks would know that it's either on FS1 or Fox.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Hah, I figured most folks would know that it's either on FS1 or Fox.
        True ... only two to pick from I suppose.

Comment

Telemundo!
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Submit a bracket and win a million bucks!

https://www.foxsports.com/fantasy/wo...cket-challenge
            I have England v Germany in the finals.

I also know absolutely nothing about who's who when it comes to international soccer.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Looking at the experts picks, I chose poorly

Maybe I should change it to Brazil beating Germany
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I have England v Germany in the finals.

I also know absolutely nothing about who's who when it comes to international soccer.
                  Germany isn't what they normally are. Brazil is. But I can't predict outcomes until I have seen about half of group play.

It's painful and actually exhausting, but I watch every single game in group play. It's REALLY tough to do actually. At any rate, in the past at about half way through group play I have seen everything I need to see to start calling games ahead of time. At that point, I'm hoping to put money where my mouth is now that sports betting is legal in Kansas, but I don't know the first thing about how to go about it. Guess I better get to reading up on it and figure out which sites to sign up with.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Looking at the experts picks, I chose poorly

Maybe I should change it to Brazil beating Germany
                    I think that's probably a better call. I might have France instead of Germany from that side of the bracket.

It's so difficult selecting this. I'm doing a bracket challenge at work and getting the group finishes right is pretty important.

Comment

Current world rankings: https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/men

Comment

Don't sleep on Qatar. While normally they suck, the host always does way better than they should. I call it paid-off-fifa-referee-effect, but it's probably just good old home field advantage. I actually selected Qatar to make it out of group play (long shot, but not as dumb as it looks on paper hopefully).

Comment

I'll also highlight the Elo ratings: https://www.eloratings.net/

These are intended to be more predictive so if you are looking at picking or betting, this might be a good resource.

Comment

I switched it out and have Brazil over England in the finals. But as someone who doesn't follow the international scene, I'm not even sure how good my group picks were. I tend to lean heavily on Europe and SA.

Still conflicted about who I want to win on Monday.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Don't sleep on Qatar. While normally they suck, the host always does way better than they should. I call it paid-off-fifa-referee-effect, but it's probably just good old home field advantage. I actually selected Qatar to make it out of group play (long shot, but not as dumb as it looks on paper hopefully).
                              Senegal is potentially down Sadio Mane, and Ecuador is young. I think that one of them will not go through since the Netherlands is the other team in the group.

Regardless, I don't see this Qatar team to be nearly as talented as Russia in 2018. More like South Africa in 2010. They will end up being really defensive and have to counter to have a shot.

Comment

Question for you guys. Is Sam Casteneda a complete buffoon?
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X