Down on the Farm, KC style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storm Chasers Fall to Isotopes, 11-7
    Things started off well for the Storm Chasers as Chris Getz singled to start the home half of the first and was quickly brought home on a two-run shot by Giavotella. Wil Myers then singled and advanced to second on a Clint Robinson base hit. Myers darted to third on a fly out to right and then scored on a sacrifice fly by Lough. A wild pitch to Derrick Robinson moved Clint to second while two consecutive walks loaded the bases for Kevin Kouzmanoff who laced a triple to right-center field to empty the sacks and give Omaha a 6-0 advantage.
    Omaha Pounds Out 14 Hits in Lopsided Decision
    Des Moines, IA - Johnny Giavotella drove in four runs and finished a triple shy of hitting for the cycle as Omaha overpowered Iowa, 11-2, Wednesday night in the opener of a five-game set at Principal Park. The Storm Chasers improved to 55-32 with their sixth straight victory over the Cubs.
    Verdugo scheduled to start

Missions shutout Naturals
    Hollingsworth (0-4) turned in his best start of the season. The right-hander went a season-high six innings allowing just one run on six hits and struck out a season-high five.
    Missions sweep Naturals
    The Missions (39-43) retied the game in the bottom of the sixth inning getting an RBI double from Frieman. Those two runs were all the Missions would manage against the Naturals' starter Chris Dwyer.. Dwyer went six innings allowing six hits and two runs, while striking out five.
    Arguelles schedule to take the bump today

KEYS AVOID SWEEP IN UGLY FINALE
    ROCKS GO DOWN FIGHTING ON THE FOURTH
    After driving earlier in the day to join the team from Rookie Burlington (NC), Stueve retired all 14 men he faced, striking out three. During that time, Wilmington plated a pair thanks to Kevin David's run-scoring double and Angel Franco's RBI groundout in the fifth. McGill doubled in two in the eighth against Matt Ridings, but the Blue Rocks hung a five-spot on the board in the ninth inning. The highlight blow was Franco's second homer of the year. The infielder blasted a two-out, three-run shot down the left-field line before Matt Chaffee induced a groundout from Whit Merrifield to end it.
    Ventura starts tonight

KC won 4-1 and lost 7-12

Ogden Offense Returns in 9-5 IF Loss - Nothing for yesterdays game yet. Looks like these don't get submitted until late morning. They won 9-2 yesterday.

Braves Bats Supply Too Much Pop
    Silva held the Royals to just six hits and one run over seven innings before handing off to reliever Alex Wilson, who shut the door on Burlington. Of the eight hits surrendered by the Danville duo, DH Beau Maggi tallied three, and CF Bubba Starling had two infield singles.
    Gallagher's night leads offensive surge
    Patrick Leonard gave the Royals the lead initially. His Appalachian League-leading seventh home run of the year came with a runner on base and gave Burlington a 3-1 lead. Catcher Cameron Gallagher hit his first professional home run later in the inning to help extend the lead.

Gallagher led the Royals offensively. On top of his first home run, the catcher hit a second homer later in the game. He also delivered two doubles, finishing 4-for-5 with three RBI.

Two Royals recorded higher RBI totals than Gallagher. Leonard led the way with six, followed by Kenny Diekroeger with five. Diekroeger was 3-for-6 in the ball game, continuing his now eight-game hit streak.

Terrance Gore continued to tear up the bases for the Royals. He reached base five times out of six plate appearances and scored every time he reached. Gore stole three bases and continues to lead the Appalachian League with 11 steals. The left fielder was 3-for-4 with a double on the night. In his home debut, Bubba Starling hit a triple and a single in six at-bats. He also walked twice, drove in a run and scored three.
    Junis to start

AZL won 13-8 Tuesday. Last nights game was suspended.

DSL lose 0-3 and won 9-5.

Diamonds in the Rough 7.3
    POD - Bryan Brickhouse
    HOD - Johnny Giavotella
    RLPOD - Diego Goris
    Diamonds in the Rough 7.4
    POD - Chris Dwyer
    HOD - Johnny Giavotella
    RLPOD - Cam Gallagher
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Omaha Puts Together Sixth Shutout Win of Season
      Verdugo yielded three straight singles with two outs in the third but got Josh Vitters to fly out to deep right field to end the inning and then didn't permit another runner to advance past first base over the next three frames. He allowed four hits, walked two and struck out six in his first start in 15 days to earn his sixth win of the season.
      TBD

Hooks homers do in Naturals
      The Hooks added on two more runs in the top of the third inning getting an RBI double from Locke and Jair Fernandez added an RBI single to make push the lead to 5-0. Noel Arguelles (2-9) went five innings allowing six hits and five runs, while walking three for the Naturals.
      Marimon starts today

BLUE ROCKS FALL DESPITE BASHING THREE HOME RUNS
      Brett Eibner fell a triple short of the cycle on the night as he belted his team-leading 11th home run of the season. He is on pace to collect 18 homers on the year, something that has happened once for the franchise since Mike Sweeney hit 18 in 1995. Eibner has hit safely in four straight games, going 7-for-15 (.467) with six extra-base hits and six RBIs. While his average sits at just .204, he owns a .440 slugging percentage.
      Pounders starts tonight

Cougars rout Quad Cities
      That was plenty of support for right-hander Aaron Brooks (5-9), who allowed two earned runs on eight hits in seven innings. He walked one batter and struck out six. Right-hander Robinson Yambati pitched the final two scoreless innings for Kane County.
      Buss Lagged Chukars Lose 4-1 to Rockies
      The dearth of offense wasted a solid pitching night for Idaho Falls, as the Chukars hurlers combined to hold the Rockies to just four runs on eight hits. Starter Ali Williams (1-1) was the hard luck loser as he allowed three runs on five hits over his five innings pitched, with one walk and seven strikeouts. Reliever Chase Hentges struggled in his outing as he retired only one batter, allowed a run, and loaded the bases before being pulled for Joe Lopez. Lopez continued his fireman ways for the Chukars by escaping the inning with no further damage and finishing the game with 1.2 scoreless innings of relief. Cory Hall tossed a scoreless ninth as well for the Greybirds.
      TBD

Burlington won 8-7

AZL won 4-2

DSL lost 11-5

Diamonds in the Rough 7.5
      POD - Ryan Verdugo
      HOD - Brett Eibner
      RLPOD - Kenny Diekroeger
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

If you check out Rany's latest, it sounds like Bubba Starling has already fixed the glaring defect in his swing. If he can make adjustments that quickly he's going to rise pretty fast. And I think, since he was a 3-sport star, this is probably the first time he's truly focused on the finer points of his baseball skills. So maybe there's a good chance he'll reach that lofty ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          If you check out Rany's latest, it sounds like Bubba Starling has already fixed the glaring defect in his swing. If he can make adjustments that quickly he's going to rise pretty fast. And I think, since he was a 3-sport star, this is probably the first time he's truly focused on the finer points of his baseball skills. So maybe there's a good chance he'll reach that lofty ceiling.
          Thanks for the reminder, I forgot to check out Rany today. Appears he submitted it after I checked yesterday. But the part about Starling is definitely positive. Especially how the views have changed from the "Baseball Person" that he trusts. I hope we see Bubba in Kane County before the end of the year. Then see what he can do in Wilmington next season if things continue to go well.

Royals Today: 7/5/12.
          I feel like I owe you an all-positive post today, to make up for all the Sanchez-bashing last time around. So here you go.

Salvador Perez

We all missed Perez terribly, while he missed the first half of the season recovering from a torn meniscus suffered in spring training. (Perez tore his meniscus lunging for a pitch out of the strike zone. Who threw that pitch? Jonathan Sanchez, of course.) But I don’t think we realized just how badly we missed Perez, because I don’t think we appreciated just how good he might be.

I appreciated how good he was last season; as I’ve written before, he had the highest batting average by a 21-year-old catcher (min: 100 AB) in major-league history, and the 3rd highest OPS, behind Joe Mauer and Johnny Bench. But even I was concerned about what his performance meant. Batting average is a highly variable statistic, particularly in a sample size of just 39 games, and Perez hadn’t hit at that level at any point in the minor leagues.

His career line in the minors is .287/.329/.397; in Double-A last season, he hit .283/.329/.427. Those are fine numbers for an elite defensive catcher who is young for his leagues, but not the performance you’d project into an All-Star caliber player in the majors. Throw in the injury, and you had to be concerned that the player we saw on the field in late 2011 was a bit of a mirage.

That may yet prove to be the case, but we’re getting closer and it still looks like an oasis. Perez played 12 games in Triple-A on rehab and hit .340 – a soft .340, with just two walks and two extra-base hits (both doubles) – but still, .340. He was activated on June 22nd – and homered in his first game back. He hasn’t stopped hitting since.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Given Starling's advanced age, I hope to see him in NW Arkansas by the end of next season with at least a chance to be in KC sometime in 2014.

Gordon - Starling - Myers in the OF is the stuff that dreams are made of!

Imagine a lineup like this:

Gordon
            Starling
            Hosmer
            Butler
            Moustakas
            Myers
            Perez
            Escobar
            Giavotella/Falu/Colon/Seratelli/______

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Given Starling's advanced age, I hope to see him in NW Arkansas by the end of next season with at least a chance to be in KC sometime in 2014.

Gordon - Starling - Myers in the OF is the stuff that dreams are made of!

Imagine a lineup like this:

Gordon
              Starling
              Hosmer
              Butler
              Moustakas
              Myers
              Perez
              Escobar
              Giavotella/Falu/Colon/Seratelli/______
              I could play 2nd in that lineup and the team would still be impressive. I hadn't thought about Bubba being up quite that early, but that's one heck of a lineup. I wonder if Seratelli will ever be given a shot. I like Gio and wish they'd let him go for awhile and just see what he's capable of. Falu I think would make a very good utility man on the bench. The same could probably be said for the other two as well. Colon appears to be more of a 2B, but could probably play some SS if need be. Not sure about 3B. Seratelli has played 1B, 2B, 3B and SS in the minors. He also has a little bit of pop and some speed. Of the four, I think you could probably find an every day 2B and a UT. Not sure if there are any other prospects at 2B that are close. A number of guys in low A that may move over at some point.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Futures star: Wil Myers leaves KC wanting more - Some nice info on each of the three that played. Ventura getting promoted is good to hear. Now lets just hope that Wil and Jake are getting promoted soon as well.

Cubs End Losing Streak to Short-handed Storm Chasers
                Missed opportunities prove costly for Omaha
                Cubs Claim Back-and-Forth Affair to Finish First Half - Omaha returns to action Thursday against Iowa. And hopefulyl without Myers and Odorizzi

Seaton shuts down Naturals
                Sugar Ray Marimon (1-1) started for the Naturals and went four and two-thirds innings allowing six hits and three runs, while striking out four. The outing was the shortest this season in Double-A for Marimon.
                Naturals fall late to Hooks
                Mariot went five and two-thirds innings allowing four hits and two runs, while walking two and striking out four. Ryan Dennick (4-3) came on in relief of Mariot and struck out Drew Muren to strand runners on first and third and preserve the one-run lead.
                Naturals fall to Missions - Dwyer to start

ADAMS BASHES BLUE ROCKS TO VICTORY
                Lane Adams started his Blue Rocks career 3-for-33, but has since assembled a six-game hitting streak coinciding with this road trip. In that time, he has gone 12-for-28 (.429) to lift his overall average from .091-.246. Half of those hits have gone for extra bases. He hit third in the order on Friday for the first time as a Blue Rock.
                TRIO OF RUNS IN EIGHTH AND NINTH PROPEL PELICANS
                Trailing 1-0 in the fourth, Cheslor Cuthbert and Matt Fields jacked back-to-back homers to right field against Kyle Hendricks to take the lead at 2-1. It was Fields' sixth homer in seven games.
                MYRTLE BEACH RALLIES LATE TO STEAL ONE FROM ROCKS
                Jason Adam started for Wilmington and took a tough no decision. He tossed 7.1 innings of shutout baseball, chalking up nine strikeouts and surrendering just three hits and a walk. He hasn't recorded a win since April 23 at Salem.
                Adam continues to get no run support. Matt Ridings starts tonight.

KC lost 1-6, won 5-1 and lost 0-10

Chukars Drop Heartbreaker to Rox 2-1
                Pitching Carries IF (Again) in 4-1 Win
                Chukars starting pitcher Sam Selman held the top offense in the Pioneer League to just one run on three hits over his season high five innings pitched, allowing three walks and striking out seven along the way.
                IF lost 9-13 yesterday.

Royals sweep with near no-no
                Rodgers pitched brilliantly through six innings of work. The left-hander retired 18 of 19 hitters, striking out three in his first win of the year. Rodgers hit one batter, but otherwise worked five one-two-three innings.
                Rodriguez single caps ninth inning comeback
                Leonard delivers third walk-off in four days - Patrick Conroy starts for the B-Royals tonight

AZL lost 8-23 and won 22-15

DSL won 3-2 and 6-3

Diamonds in the Rough 7.6
                POD - Bryan Paukovits
                HOD - Lane Adams
                RLPOD - Colin Rodgers

Diamonds in the Rough 7.7
                POD - Angel Baez
                HOD - Lorenzo Cain
                RLPOD - Luis Melgar

Diamonds in the Rough 7.8
                POD - Jason Adam
                HOD - Max Ramirez
                RLPOD - Patrick Leonard

The Starting 9
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Montgomery down to AA and Dwyer up to AAA

Comment

I never was able to get to updates yesterday. So here's two days worth

Myers, Harvey shine as Triple-A All-Stars
                    Myers, the No. 14 overall prospect on MLB.com's Top 100 prospect list, went 2-for-3 with an RBI single, a double and a run scored. This comes on the heels of playing in front of what should be his hometown crowd in Kansas City during the SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game. Myers, who is tied for the Minor League lead with 27 homers, got a standing ovation at Kauffman Stadium and had two hits there as well, driving in three runs.

"I've played two games in about six days, but it's been a great experience, especially in Kansas City," said Myers, who many feel will see the Royals outfield at some point in the second half of the season. "It's been a good week for me."
                    Davis will start game one of the 2nd half for Omaha. Wouldn't mind seeing him get called up to KC soon to help in the rotation.

Royals demote Montgomery to Double-A

KANSAS CITY -- Left-hander Mike Montgomery, one of the Royals' top pitching prospects, is taking a step back in the hope it can help him forward.

Montgomery, 23, on Wednesday was demoted to Double-A Northwest Arkansas from Triple-A Omaha after going 3-6 with a 5.69 ERA in 17 starts for the Storm Chasers.

"He's actually throwing fine," Royals general manager Dayton Moore said. "We just want to get him back there with [pitching coach] Larry Carter and work on some things. The organization just felt it was the right thing to do. Just give him a breather and re-start a little bit."
                    Pina plates three in loss
                    Chris Dwyer (5-8) went five and two-thirds innings for the Naturals allowing seven hits and six runs, while issuing three walks and striking out four. The four strikeouts make Dwyer the Naturals' career franchise leader with 218. He passed Blake Johnson's total of 214 to become the franchise leader.
                    Naturals walk off on Sac Fly
                    The Naturals' offense got back into the game with a five-run six inning. Brian Fletcher hit his second home run of the season to lead off the inning. Carlo Testa followed with an RBI double to cut the lead to 7-3. Nick Van Stratten followed with a two-run triple to pull the Naturals within two. Michael Liberto followed with an RBI ground out to cap the five run inning, and make it a 7-6 contest.
                    Marimon starts today

LATE RUNS PROPEL WILMINGTON
                    In the fourth, the Rocks responded against Myrtle Beach starter Randol Rojas. With one out, Lane Adams blasted an arcing homer into the Pelicans left field bullpen to tie the game at one. After Kevin David was hit by a pitch with two outs, Hernandez smoked his first triple of the season deep into the alley in right field to give Wilmington the lead at 2-1.
                    ALL-AROUND EFFORT KEYS WILMINGTON WIN
                    Brooks Pounders worked six innings for Wilmington for his second victory, allowing two runs on seven hits while fanning eight. Chase Boruff pitched two scoreless frames and Nick Graffeo finished off the Nationals in the ninth.
                    Ferguson starts today

KC was off on Tuesday. Brooks shines in win
                    GENEVA – Aaron Brooks tossed seven scoreless innings while striking out six as the Cougars pushed through the South Bend Silver Hawks with a 3-0 victory Wednesday night at Fifth Third Bank Ballpark.
                    Brooks (6-9) limited the Silver Hawks (45-44 overall, 10-9 second half) to just four hits without walking a batter. South Bend only put one runner in scoring position the entire night.
                    Owlz Overhelm Chukars in 13-9 Loss
                    Owlz Crush Chukars 20-6
                    No Chukars pitcher escaped unscathed, with Alec Mills, Chase Hentges and Matt Strahm all allowing at least one run one. Mills proved to be the only moderately effective hurler, as he held the Owlz to one run on five hits over his 3.1 innings.
                    Brewers Nip Chukars 8-7

Burlington was off on Tuesday and yesterdays game was PPD. DH today. No word on starters.

AZL had Tuesday off and lost 1-3 last night

DSL won 13-1 and 8-0

Diamonds in the Rough 7.10 - Only one game played so it's a first half review
                    PO (1st Half) - Jake Odorizzi
                    HO (1st Half) - Wil Myers
                    Diamonds in the Rough 7.11
                    POD - Aaron Brooks
                    HOD - Wil Myers

Minor League Notes
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Chasers Fall to the I-Cubs, 12-11, on Thursday - Will Smith starts tonight

Naturals shutout by Cardinals
                      Sugar Ray Marimon (1-2) turned one his shortest outings of the season. The Colombian born right-hander lasted four and two-thirds innings giving up a Double-A career high 10 hits. Marimon also allowed six runs, while walking one and striking out four.
                      Mariot to start

EARLY OFFENSE SUPPORTS FERGUSON IN ROCKS DEBUT
                      Wilmington starter Andy Ferguson only had to face one man over the minimum through his first five innings, striking out eight batters. In total, he went 5.2 innings and allowed three runs on six hits. In the meantime, his offense went to work.
                      Adam to start

KC lost 9-1

IF won 5-0

Burlington PPD again

AZL lost 3-1

DSL won 5-4 in 12

Diamonds in the Rough 7.12
                      POD - Andy Ferguson
                      HOD - Tony Abreu
                      RLPOD - Ali Williams
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Omaha Hangs on to Defeat Iowa, 4-3
                        OMAHA, Neb. - The Omaha Storm Chasers snapped their four-game losing streak to the Iowa Cubs on Friday night, defeating their I-80 rival, 4-3, in front of 8,130 fans at Werner Park. Left-hander Will Smith kept the I-Cubs off balance in his seven innings on the mound as he yielded just one run and punched out six, en route to his fourth win of the season.
                        Chasers Thump the I-Cubs, 7-1
                        OMAHA, Neb. - The Omaha Storm Chasers topped the Iowa Cubs, 7-1, in front of 8,058 fans at Werner Park on Saturday night. Irving Falu, Johnny Giavotella and Wil Myers each drove in two runs in Saturday's victory. Jake Odorizzi earned his sixth win of the season after stifling Iowa to one run over seven hits in six innings of work.
                        Omaha Defeated by Iowa, 9-1 - Dwyer looks to get his first AAA start

Cardinals win on walk off walk
                        The Naturals got a great start from Michael Mariot. The right-hander went seven and two-thirds innings allowing just four hits and no runs, while walking four and striking out just three. The Cardinals' Richard Castillo was equally as good. He went seven innings also allowing just four hits and no runs, while walking two and striking out seven.
                        Naturals fall despite early lead
                        Montgomery went six innings surrendering six hits and five runs, while striking out six. The start was the first of the season in Double-A for Montgomery, after starting the year with Triple-A Omaha.
                        Cardinals complete sweep - Arguelles starts today

ADAM FINALLY VICTORIOUS IN WILMINGTON TRIUMPH
                        Wilmington, DE - It took almost three months, but Jason Adam finally got to taste individual victory with his first win since April 23 as the Wilmington Blue Rocks (40-52, 11-11) took down the Potomac Nationals (41-52, 10-12) by a 3-1 mark on Friday night at Frawley Stadium.
                        Adam went seven strong innings, allowing one run on six hits with six strikeouts. Since April 23, he took eight consecutive losses and followed that with five straight no decisions. Sam Runion pitched the final two frames, doing it in shutout style as he notched his fifth save.
                        ROCKS SWEEP AWAY POTOMAC IN TEAM EFFORT
                        Matt Fields hit his ninth homer in 13 games, a smoke shot over the left field wall and out of the park completely. To put it in perspective, he is second on the team in home runs only to Brett Eibner, who has 11 dingers. It took Eibner 63 games to hit nine home runs. Fields has hit .346 over the 13-game span with an OPS of 1.393. Nine of his 18 hits have left the yard.
                        Riddings starts today. Wilmington had Sunday off

KC won 2-1, 6-4 and lost 3-6

Chukars Rally Past Brewers in 4-3 Win
                        Selman (3-0) earned the win after tossing 5.1 innings and allowing just two runs, one earned, on six hits and seven strikeouts. Cruz (1) got his first save of the year for his 1.2 shutout innings of relief.
                        Voyagers Sweep Twin Bill from Chukars

Ford homers twice in doubleheader split
                        The Royals used two two-out long balls to capture the first contest. Fred Ford connected in the second inning for his fourth of the year. Kenny Diekroeger followed suit in the sixth, sending one out for his sixth of the season. Diekroeger's homer put him in a tie for second in the league behind teammate Patrick Leonard.
                        AZL lost 8-9, 2-4 and 7-10

DSL won 5-2 Friday. Appears they had Saturday off and an All-Star game on Sunday.

Zimmer makes his debut
                        KANSAS CITY -- First-round Draft pick Kyle Zimmer made his professional debut on Friday with the Surprise Royals.

Zimmer, a right-hander, tossed two innings for the Royals' Rookie League club, allowing two hits and striking out three Arizona Giants.

The Royals selected Zimmer with the fifth overall pick in June's First-Year Player Draft out of the University of San Francisco. Zimmer was recovering from a groin injury when he was drafted, and members of the Royals' player development staff said on the day he signed that it would be a few weeks before he would make his debut.
                        Royals general manager Dayton Moore said after Zimmer signed that the right-hander could end this season in the Midwest League and start next season in the Carolina League.
                        Glad that he's started pitching.

Diamonds in the Rough 7.13
                        POD - Angel Baez
                        HOD - Paulo Orlando
                        RLPOD - Sam Selman
                        Diamonds in the Rough 7.14
                        POD - Elisaul Pimentel
                        HOD -Matt Fields
                        RLPOD - None
                        Diamonds in the Rough 7.15
                        POD - John Keck
                        HOD - Manny Pina
                        RLPOD - Fred Ford
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Omaha Loses Big at Home to OKC, 16-6
                          Chris Dwyer (0-1) was hit the loss in his first career start at the Triple-A level after giving up seven runs over 11 hits in 5.0 innings pitched. Roman Colon pitched a bizarre sixth inning as he allowed seven runs to score but due to three Omaha (58-38) errors, none of the tallies were earned. Brandon Sisk worked a scoreless seventh and eighth while outfielder Mitch Maier made an appearance on the mound and pitched a scoreless ninth inning and was the first Storm Chasers' position player to pitch since Lucas May did it on May 22 of last year against Las Vegas.
                          Davis is scheduled to start unless he gets called up by KC because Sanchez sucks. We should know by noon since the Chasers have an early game (Noon).

Travelers topple Naturals
                          Noel Arugelles (2-10) went four and two-thirds innings allowing seven hits and seven runs, while issuing six walks and striking out one.
                          Marimon starts for NWA

STREAK STALLS IN SHUTOUT
                          Each of the Pelicans' scores came on a two-out hit. In the second, Teodoro Martinez doubled home Tomas Telis for a 1-0 lead against starter Matt Ridings. In the fifth, Hanser Alberto homered to the short porch in left for a 2-0 margin. Otherwise, Ridings (2-1) limited the damage over his six innings of work. After dealing with four baserunners over the first two innings, the right-hander retired 13 of the last 15 he faced.
                          Pounders takes the hill today

WHITECAPS KNOCKED OUT BY NINE UNANSWERED RUNS
                          Aaron Brooks (7-9) earned the win for Kane County, allowing three runs on six hits over six innings and benefitting from a big offensive night of support.
                          Chukars lost 4-7 yesterday

Ford continues tear, Conroy wins third
                          Royals right fielder Fred Ford hit two more home runs on Monday night to help Burlington cruise to a 10-3 win against the Rays. Ford's homers, which included a grand slam, give him seven homers on the year and four in the last two days.

Ford's streak has propelled him to second in the league in home runs, but he is still one behind teammate Patrick Leonard. Burlington's third baseman homered in the first inning, bringing his league-leading total to eight. The Appalachian League's top two home run hitters combined to drive in seven Royals' runs. Burlington second baseman Kenny Diekroeger also tallied an RBI. He did not homer against the Rays, but sits at third in the Appalachian League behind his two teammates.
                          AZL won 2-1

DSL lost 7-9

Diamonds in the Rough 7.16
                          POD - None
                          HOD - Brian Fletcher
                          RLPOD - Fred Ford
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Chasers Fall, 7-6, to OKC in 10
                            An RBI triple by Giavotella, a two-run homer to left field by Robinson and a run-scoring double by Seratelli extended Omaha's lead to 6-2.
                            Naturals fall in heartbreaker
                            Sugar Ray Marimon turned in a quality outing on the mound for the Naturals. The right-hander went six and two-thirds innings allowing four hits and two runs, while walking three and striking out three.
                            Mariot to start

JACKSON PITCHES PELICANS TO CONVINCING WIN - Andy Ferguson starts today for the Blue Rocks

KC had the day off

Chukars lost 4-9 yesterday, scoring all 4 runs in the ninth inning. Ali K's His Way to Pitcher of the Week
                            The 23-year-old Williams was dominant in his most recent outing against the Helena Brewers on July 12th. Over his six, shutout innings pitched, Williams allowed just three hits and one walk while striking out a career high 11 batters in the win.

A 34th round selection in the 2011 Draft, Williams now sports a 2-1 record and a 2.42 ERA for the season. The right-hander leads the Pioneer League with a .185 opponents batting average and a 0.94 WHIP, while also placing in the top five in the league in ERA (#5) and strikeouts (28, #2).
                            Rodgers pulls Royals into first place tie
                            Left-hander Colin Rodgers turned in another impressive outing Tuesday night, one-hitting the Braves over five innings of work. The 4-2 win propelled Burlington into a tie for first place in the Appalachian League East.

Rodgers' performance followed up his previous start, in which he no-hit the Bristol White Sox through six innings. On Tuesday, the third round pick retired the first 13 Braves he faced before walking Felix Marte and giving up a single by Edison Sanchez. The fifth-inning hit ended Rodgers' streak of 10.2 hitless innings. The streak began in his final inning of work, two starts ago in Danville. Tonight's win was Rodgers' second on the year, as he improves to 2-0.
                            AZL had the day off

DSL won 4-2

Diamonds in the Rough 7.17
                            POD - Sugar Ray Marimon
                            HOD - Brian Fletcher
                            RLPOD - Colin Rodgers
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Chasers Topped by the RedHawks, 10-5
                              OMAHA, Neb. - The Omaha Storm Chasers lost their fourth consecutive game at home as they fell, 10-5, to the Oklahoma City RedHawks on Wednesday night. Reliever Tommy Hottovy was hit with his second loss of the season after getting roughed up for five runs (three earned) after working two-thirds of the eighth inning.
                              Travelers trounce Naturals
                              Michael Mariot (3-3) went six innings allowing eight hits and five runs, while walking one and striking out three.
                              Monty starts

TELIS' TWO-OUT HIT LIFTS PELICANS TO VICTORY
                              It spoiled a great start by Andy Ferguson who tied his career-high mark with seven innings of work. The former Arkansas State star struck out four and allowed just two runs on six hits. He faced the minimum over the first four innings while his offense built a 2-0 lead. Whit Merrifield began the game with his third leadoff homer of the year and his seventh overall. In the fourth, Matt Fields doubled with one down and later scored on Brett Eibner's two-out single to right against starter Wilmer Font.
                              Jason Adam starts today. Matt Fields continues to tear up High A

KC lost 0-5

Chukars had the day off. Selman set to start today.

Royals comeback prompts 11th inning walk-off
                              After a scoreless 10th, Burlington rallied again in the 11th. Starling led off with an infield single, then stole second after the next two batters were retired. Gallagher walked, then Fred Ford walked as well, following a pitching change. That loaded the bases for Rodriguez. His game-winning hit-by-pitch was the infielder's second walk-off RBI this season. Rodriguez had entered the game in the ninth inning as a pinch runner for DH Beau Maggi before becoming the hero for the Royals in the 11th.
                              AZL lost 5-3.

DSL won 4-2.

Diamonds in the Rough 7.18
                              POD - Andy Ferguson
                              HOD - Whit Merrifield
                              RLPOD - Humberto Arteaga
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Royals sign Jason Kendall to a Minor League contract LMAO
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X