Top KS Girls Basketball Player And Iowa Commit In Serious Condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top KS Girls Basketball Player And Iowa Commit In Serious Condition

Hutch News - Kansas basketball star Ava Jones in serious condition after being hit by car; parents are in critical

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — A Nickerson family is in a Louisville hospital after being struck by an impaired driver in downtown Louisville Tuesday night. Louisville Metro Police said the driver left the road and hit four pedestrians.

Wheat State Elite coach Craig Nicholson confirmed to The Hutchinson News that Nickerson upcoming senior and basketball star Ava Jones, her mother Amy Jones and father Trey Jones were all involved in the accident. Louisville police said two adults remain in critical condition.

A teen female, who was treated at University of Louisville Hospital, was in serious but stable condition.

The child was treated for minor injuries.
    She had just committed to Iowa over the weekend after de-committing from Arizona State after a coaching change.

She dominated 3A at Nickerson as a JR and easily averaged a double-double and is seen as a top 100 recruit.

Hopefully her and her family make a full and complete recovery.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Hutch News - Kansas basketball star Ava Jones in serious condition after being hit by car; parents are in critical

She had just committed to Iowa over the weekend after de-committing from Arizona State after a coaching change.

She dominated 3A at Nickerson as a JR and easily averaged a double-double and is seen as a top 100 recruit.

Hopefully her and her family make a full and complete recovery.
    Man, this sucks. Prayers up for her and her family.

Comment

Reports say Jones and her family were standing on a sidewalk when they were hit by 33-year-old Michael Hurley, who admitted he had just taken hydrocodone and was too tired to make a turn. Hurley was later arrested.

Comment

KAKE - Police: One person dies after Kansas high school basketball star, family hit by car

As of this release, they haven't said which parent has passed on as they're still trying to reach next of kin. I'm sure that information will be available soon.

Sad and tragic.
        Last edited by SubGod22; July 8, 2022, 03:18 PM.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Multiple reports are that the father, William Trey Jones is the one that has passed.

So senseless.

Looking forward to many more people DUI while smoking weed.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Looking forward to many more people DUI while smoking weed.
            I'm not sure of all the consequences, but what I hear from Weed enthusiasts on this site is that there are no negative consequences from legalizing and strengthening weed. Only good things will occur.

People who say pump the brakes on legalization are alarmists.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I'm not sure of all the consequences, but what I hear from Weed enthusiasts on this site is that there are no negative consequences from legalizing and strengthening weed. Only good things will occur.

You really enjoy distorting other people's thoughts and simply making **** up. But at least you're consistent
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Nobody said this.
                Livin the dream

Comment

I went to college with Aimee and Tre. I haven’t seen them in over 20 years, but they were good people when they were young and no reason to believe anything changed since then.

I am currently returning from vacation in Kentucky. My family and I were walking in the exact intersection where this occurred just a few hours before the incident.

God bless this family!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    I am currently returning from vacation in Kentucky. My family and I were walking in the exact intersection where this occurred just a few hours before the incident.

God bless this family!
                    Ugh, that will wake you up in the morning. Obviously, no one wants to see this happen, but glad you and your family are safe.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      I went to college with Aimee and Tre. I haven’t seen them in over 20 years, but they were good people when they were young and no reason to believe anything changed since then.

God bless this family!
                      Uuugh.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

KWCH - Nickerson HS basketball star, mother still hospitalized in Kentucky

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - Ava Jones and her mother, Amy, remain at a Louisville hospital, approaching a week since a car struck the family as they stood on a sidewalk in downtown Louisville.

At a vigil for the family Sunday night, Nickerson High School Principal Rick Blosser announced Amy, the USD 309 Nickerson-South Hutchinson Assistant Superintendent, was slowly making improvements and that Ava, a star basketball player committed to play for the University of Iowa after her upcoming senior year of high school, did open her eyes and wiggle her toes.

University of Iowa Associate Head Basketball Coach Jan Jensen posted an update on Facebook Monday, saying Ava and her mother are in medically-induced comas.

“[Please] continue prayers for them and their family! An unfathomable time for tremendous people,” Jensen wrote.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

This guy blamed the accident on drugs (falling asleep). I’m not sure if his drugs were legal or not, but he was operating a vehicle illegally without a license. There have been a number of highly publicized incidents of mentally ill, and people with drug histories who have purposefully run people over in the past several weeks. This case is really sad.

Comment

I watched the video of Mr. Jones’s honor walk (since his organs are being donated). Absolutely gut-wrenching, especially seeing his sons (?) following their dad to the elevator.

78-65

Comment

Some good news

KWCH - Brother provides update on Nickerson family members hit by car in Louisville

In their recoveries, Hunter said the past few days have brought good news for his mother and his sister.

“Ava and mom are getting a lot better. They’re in stable conditions for sure. They’re moving around, responding really well to the commands that nurses and doctors are giving them,” he said.

When looking at the prospects of Ava returning to the basketball court someday, Hunter said she has some brain trauma but hasn’t suffered any major career-ending injuries.

“She has a couple fractures in her spine, which doctors say will heal by themselves, but they said that, you know, they’re planning on her making a full recovery and getting back out on the court, which you know, it took me awhile to accept what he said of the unexpectedly positive outlook,” said Hunter.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X