WNBA Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WNBA Question

How unhinged do you have to be, say on a scale of 1-100, to be a dedicated fan, one who can at least name all 8? 10? 12? franchises, and who occasionally watches or even (shudders) considers attending a game in person?

You would have to be someone who, for a least a majority of their thinking, is living in fantasy world devoid of reality or truth to enjoy this "sport", and I use that term very loosely. You'd have to be so woke, so unhappy, so victimized at every turn so as to ignore the utterly unwatchable aspects of the sport, to say nothing of the fact that it's completely and 100% unsustainable. Yet ESPN seems to think the average fan needs to see highlights and updated free agency signings on a daily basis.

Also, if Brittany Griner were instead a straight white male and exhibited the exact same personal characteristics (spousal abuse, arrested for drugs, abusive behavior on the court, cheap shot artist, chronic complainer, profanity laced tirades and generally all around bad person) would anyone give a flying **** what happened to him, to say nothing of putting his name and number on every floor in the NBA?

#MassiveHypocrisy

I wonder if it is a contractual obligation. ESPN would not have paid the WNBA what they paid without NBA subsidies from NBA . My guess is it would have been far less.

Basically, it helps ESPN be assured the league won’t fold immediately.

College minor sports are getting my attention now more than ever.
    Last edited by shoxlax; May 7, 2022, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      How unhinged do you have to be, say on a scale of 1-100, to be a dedicated fan, one who can at least name all 8? 10? 12? franchises, and who occasionally watches or even (shudders) considers attending a game in person?

You would have to be someone who, for a least a majority of their thinking, is living in fantasy world devoid of reality or truth to enjoy this "sport", and I use that term very loosely. You'd have to be so woke, so unhappy, so victimized at every turn so as to ignore the utterly unwatchable aspects of the sport, to say nothing of the fact that it's completely and 100% unsustainable. Yet ESPN seems to think the average fan needs to see highlights and updated free agency signings on a daily basis.

Also, if Brittany Griner were instead a straight white male and exhibited the exact same personal characteristics (spousal abuse, arrested for drugs, abusive behavior on the court, cheap shot artist, chronic complainer, profanity laced tirades and generally all around bad person) would anyone give a flying **** what happened to him, to say nothing of putting his name and number on every floor in the NBA?

#MassiveHypocrisy
      Tell us what you really think, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Tell us what you really think, Doc.
        First thing that popped into mind, too.

Sic'em Doc!

Comment

It will be better with trans women. Just wait.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            It will be better with trans women. Just wait.
            Still won't watch.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Might be the only thing CNN can beat in the ratings.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  Looked a lot like my pickup games on my 8 1/2 foot goal in my back yard growing up.

Comment

I laughed way too hard at the "Out for the Season" reason......I shouldn't have, but I did.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I laughed way too hard at the "Out for the Season" reason......I shouldn't have, but I did.
                      Respect x2
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Not knowing the player's name and only one person in the stands were hilarious as well.
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                        X