No announcement yet.

WNBA Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now see Reese as white and Clark as black and tell me what happens.

Comment

I had never watched a WNBA game until Caitlin Clark came along. Heck, I hadn't watched hardly any NCAA women's basketball until her. She got my interest level up. I enjoyed the final two rounds of this years tournament. After watching the WNBA game today, I am probably done. The envy of Caitlin Clark runs deep in the WNBA. The level of thuggery that she is subject to is not something that appeals to me. I had hopes, but the jealousy within the league has cooled any desire I have to watch.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
        I had never watched a WNBA game until Caitlin Clark came along. Heck, I hadn't watched hardly any NCAA women's basketball until her. She got my interest level up. I enjoyed the final two rounds of this years tournament. After watching the WNBA game today, I am probably done. The envy of Caitlin Clark runs deep in the WNBA. The level of thuggery that she is subject to is not something that appeals to me. I had hopes, but the jealousy within the league has cooled any desire I have to watch.
        I enjoyed watching Clark from time to time. She's a unicorn. In bounds, she's in range. It's about skill, not just physical superiority.

I've had absolutely ZERO interest in watching her in the WNBA. I'm sure some people have interest, but not me.

Track and field. College volleyball. Those are getting better and better every day to me.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I enjoyed watching Clark from time to time. She's a unicorn. In bounds, she's in range. It's about skill, not just physical superiority.

I've had absolutely ZERO interest in watching her in the WNBA. I'm sure some people have interest, but not me.

Track and field. College volleyball. Those are getting better and better every day to me.
          I'm a softball guy.
          Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Same here plus college softball.

Comment

What a horseshit operation.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Targeting her will just hurt the league itself and anyone investing in it. She is good for the league. Tell me again who the racists are?

Comment

Is it more about race or heterophobia?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Is it more about race or heterophobia?
                    Both.

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      The WNBA Has Decided to Set Itself on Fire

That's someone named Chennedy Carter deciding to take Clark to the ground while shouting obscenities at her. Despite how violent it was, the referees only called a common foul. Angel Reece, a former LSU player who hated Clark throughout their collegiate days, then met Carter at the bench to hug and congratulate her for the cheap shot that was delivered.

This is the WNBA.

After the game, Carter was defiant and refused to answer questions about the incident.

Through her first ten games, she's been repeatedly flagrantly fouled by players with an ax to grind. The referees have largely turned a blind eye to it for some reason.

Now ask yourself, how many of the new fans who have tuned into the WNBA specifically because of the promise Clark brought to the league are going to stick around if this is how its other players operate?

Sure enough, ratings for the WNBA are crashing after an initial boost. All the hype in the world provided by Clark isn't enough to make up for how garbage the rest of the league is.

Consider me one of them. I’m out. It’s effing embarrassing the way they’ve acted towards her. Imagine if the NBA had bullied Larry and Magic this much in their rookie seasons. I doubt there is an NBA today.
                      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

You'd think the WNBA management would be smart enough to know that Clark is their ticket to better ratings and letting her be abused with no form of punishment, and some cases even fouls, being dealt out is going to chase a lot of people away. I'm not going to pretend that I watch, but it's almost as if the league, for some reason, doesn't want to have one mega star that brings in eyeballs and money and is out to "put her in her place".

If the abuse continues, I'm sure she got a decent degree in college and can probably make as much or more doing something other than playing for a **** league while taking less abuse.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          You'd think the WNBA management would be smart enough to know that Clark is their ticket to better ratings and letting her be abused with no form of punishment, and some cases even fouls, being dealt out is going to chase a lot of people away. I'm not going to pretend that I watch, but it's almost as if the league, for some reason, doesn't want to have one mega star that brings in eyeballs and money and is out to "put her in her place".

If the abuse continues, I'm sure she got a decent degree in college and can probably make as much or more doing something other than playing for a **** league while taking less abuse.
                          Not sure her body will take the abuse. It’s such bullshit and bullying. Prior to CC, I didn’t give two shits about the WNBA. With anticipation, I watched her play the first 4-5 games. The first game was the worst. The refs called two quick bogus fouls on her and she sat for most of the first half. It ****ing pisses me off the way she’s being treated. In fairness, Caitlin brings a few things on her self… sometimes she needs to shut her trap.
                          Regardless, there’s a lot a jealousy as Clark attempts to elevate the popularity of the WNBA. Let’s hope they wake up fast before the league goes further into the dumpster.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Editorial: Caitlin Clark's main 'privilege' is one of talent (chicagotribune.com)

A very reasonable and well spoken article on what CC is going through. Great work Chicago Tribune
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

I honestly don't know (or frankly really care that much) if CC is good enough to make the Olympic team or not. She's young and not the physical athlete that many others are and they have more experience. All of those traits have value.

But it's being reported (fairly widely too) that the reason for her snub is concern how her fans would react to not playing all that much on a team filled with superstars.

So....... you leave off a player because you're concerned how her MASSIVE fan base, which is partly if not mostly responsible for shining a light onto your product that hasn't happened since...well....Eve.....will react to limited PT as opposed to how that same group is going to react to NO PT because she's left off the team?

Have I got that right?

This is what happens when people are given things that they don't have responsibility for.....this league cannot stand on it's own. And because they cannot, they make dipshit decisions like the one above. They absolutely deserve whatever disaster is on the horizon for this sham of a product.

And if there is no disaster, the NBA deserves to lose all the money possible.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X