No announcement yet.

Wichita Phenomena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wichita's love affair with mattress stores all over seems to have been replaced with a love for car washes everywhere.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Yeah, the 37th and Rock one is a good example of the size of the lot being more important than the corner location. The original SW one seemed to be one of the bigger QT's in town, but the NE corner had more room given their store concept with the kitchen thing. Has anything moved into the old one yet? I haven't been by there in awhile, but the last time I went by there the old QT was still empty.
          It seems like something has gone in there in the past year or so. I haven't paid much attention as I'm not really there much. It was still vacant when I worked over there, and spent a lot of time at QT for a soda and snack or grabbing something for lunch. I'm going to have to peep it out next time I hit up PetSmart.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don't go to QT like I used to. They make a "killing" on soda prices. I remember when they started (and for a couple of additional summers), they had large .48 soda's during the summer. Then summer soda's went up to .69. Now, regular prices for the summers. X-Large were of course more. I think that their strategy was to get people to stop in for soda's and they they would buy other items too. Every once in a while, I'd buy a hot dog, or sweet item. Smart strategy to get in customers.

For a number of years, one could stop in for a large soda for less than 1.00. Now, they've gone up to 1.19 or 1.29 (maybe higher by now with the new inflation prices), for a large soda. I choose not to drop in any longer. They make a lot of money on soda's, and us idiots.

I go into McDonald's for a large soda now for 1.00, and almost never stop in at QT.

Thanks for allowing me to blow off some QT steam. :)
            No worries. But even at $1.00, we're overpaying for what we get. A large soda at McD, after all the ice that's packed in, is maybe the amount of one can of soda, which you could go into QT and buy for less. At least I get to choose the amount of ice I want at QT, though I'm not sure the last time I actually went in and got one. Honestly, I've spent a lot less time inside of QTs ever since they went to pay at the pump many moons ago. Back in the day I'd fill up, and then go inside and grab a soda and snack and pay inside. Once that option went away, I've mostly found I have no reason to go inside. Just about the only time I go into QTs these days are maybe when I'm heading out on a road trip. I'll fill up and then go grab a soda and donut or something, unless there's a nearby Scooter's and I go that route instead.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

When McDs aced the styrofoam cups, I tuned out a bit. The beverage gets watery real fast. But McDs coke is #1 in a Styrofoam, QT Pepsi is 1A, but moves even when factoring in the container.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

My wife swears by QT Kitchens. When we moved, not being close to a QT was one of her top complaints.

If I go inside it's probably because of the energy drinks. QT probably has the best selection anywhere in Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  My wife swears by QT Kitchens. When we moved, not being close to a QT was one of her top complaints.

If I go inside it's probably because of the energy drinks. QT probably has the best selection anywhere in Wichita.
                  I don’t do the “Kitchens”, but do like the roller-grill egg rolls as long as some ‘dingleberry’ hasn’t touched them. They also have a tasty glazed donut.

Comment

The maple iced Cinnamon rolls.....
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The cocaine second to none!

Comment

What’s even crazier is all of the KC quiktrips are east of the turnpike

Comment

When I was wrenching up near whitewater, I lived in Augusta right around the corner from Casey’s. Every morning I would stop and get breakfast pizza and a screw top NOS. Casey’s breakfast pizza is like mechanics crack
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

What happened to the downtown library that was built in the mid 60's? Always assumed that it would just be enlarged with stacks going on the rear so no need for a brand new library. It was a nice modern structure which we were proud of at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              When I was wrenching up near whitewater, I lived in Augusta right around the corner from Casey’s. Every morning I would stop and get breakfast pizza and a screw top NOS. Casey’s breakfast pizza is like mechanics crack
                              I don't think it gets better than this. Casey's breakfast pizza is legendary.

Comment

New Wichita phenomenon? It only snows on Thursdays.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X