No announcement yet.

Wichita Phenomena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taco shop is literally the only Wichita food I get cravings for up here. I had a buddy that was going to overnight me some, but then I flew in and we went and ate it together.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Why eat at Taco Rio when Taco Shop is available?? I miss me some 12 soft tacos and coors.
      Living in KC, where there are zero fast food taco joints, Wichita is the Mecca. I don't discriminate against any. Taco Rio is my preferred, but will patronize any. Taco Shop, Taco Pronto, Taco Grande..... All are top notch.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Living in KC, where there are zero fast food taco joints, Wichita is the Mecca. I don't discriminate against any. Taco Rio is my preferred, but will patronize any. Taco Shop, Taco Pronto, Taco Grande..... All are top notch.
        That is a good point. I love fast Mexican food
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

That's a good point. Fast food Mexican in and of itself is a Wichita phenomena.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

That's a good point. Fast food Mexican in and of itself is a Wichita phenomena.
            Try Lalos (South Seneca and Maize and 21st). A more authentic newer Mexican fast food.

Comment

Someone once told me the QT's were laid out based on routes safest for the semi drivers delivering the gas. Drivers started on the east side of Wichita due to the locations of the refineries and worked their way west and it was easier to turn into a QT before a stoplight then after one, as well as exit the QT and go on to the next QT. The ones on the west side were delivered to on the way back.

I'm not sure if that's the case anymore. I imagine now it's about the real estate and what's available and can meet their needs in terms of the number of pumps, parking spots, and design of the store for now and any future expansion.
              Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; February 22, 2022, 05:08 PM.
              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

True.

Casey's pizza > QT's pizza.
                Maybe, but the bar is low. That’s like arguing which is better, dog turds or cat turds.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  Maybe, but the bar is low. That’s like arguing which is better, dog turds or cat turds.
                  You eat cat turds?
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

You eat cat turds?
                      No, and I don’t eat pizza from QT or Casey’s either, for the same reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        No, and I don’t eat pizza from QT or Casey’s either, for the same reasons.
                        What are the pizza establishments were missing out in the Little Italy of western Kansas?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                          Someone once told me the QT's were laid out based on routes safest for the semi drivers delivering the gas. Drivers started on the east side of Wichita due to the locations of the refineries and worked their way west and it was easier to turn into a QT before a stoplight then after one, as well as exit the QT and go on to the next QT. The ones on the west side were delivered to on the way back.

I'm not sure if that's the case anymore. I imagine now it's about the real estate and what's available and can meet their needs in terms of the number of pumps, parking spots, and design of the store for now and any future expansion.
                          That makes some sense. Was just thinking that the QT and 37th and Rock used to be on the SW side of the intersection but they built the new and bigger one on the NE side of the same one. Not sure which location would be better for delivery but there was no room to expand it like they did with the new location.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Yes. 135th and Maple last spring. Me no joke.
                            Ha, right in my area. Keep those bugs away

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That makes some sense. Was just thinking that the QT and 37th and Rock used to be on the SW side of the intersection but they built the new and bigger one on the NE side of the same one. Not sure which location would be better for delivery but there was no room to expand it like they did with the new location.
                              I don't go to QT like I used to. They make a "killing" on soda prices. I remember when they started (and for a couple of additional summers), they had large .48 soda's during the summer. Then summer soda's went up to .69. Now, regular prices for the summers. X-Large were of course more. I think that their strategy was to get people to stop in for soda's and they they would buy other items too. Every once in a while, I'd buy a hot dog, or sweet item. Smart strategy to get in customers.

For a number of years, one could stop in for a large soda for less than 1.00. Now, they've gone up to 1.19 or 1.29 (maybe higher by now with the new inflation prices), for a large soda. I choose not to drop in any longer. They make a lot of money on soda's, and us idiots.

I go into McDonald's for a large soda now for 1.00, and almost never stop in at QT.

Thanks for allowing me to blow off some QT steam. :)

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Yeah, the 37th and Rock one is a good example of the size of the lot being more important than the corner location. The original SW one seemed to be one of the bigger QT's in town, but the NE corner had more room given their store concept with the kitchen thing. Has anything moved into the old one yet? I haven't been by there in awhile, but the last time I went by there the old QT was still empty.
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X