Wichita Phenomena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

But is it on the east side of 108th or west side?
    East. Just south of the Casey's, which is on an intersection.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

QT coffee > Casey's coffee
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        QT coffee > Casey's coffee
        True.

Casey's pizza > QT's pizza.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Here’s another Wichita phenomenon: only here can you see on a street corner, a Parade of Homes sign right next to one that says Bed Bugs: 3 Rooms for $100.00.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Here’s another Wichita phenomenon: only here can you see on a street corner, a Parade of Homes sign right next to one that says Bed Bugs: 3 Rooms for $100.00.
            Whaaat? That's real?

Comment

Maybe if we plot the QTs on the west side of the intersection on a map, it will make an illuminati symbol that points us to treasure, or sumptin?
              This could be fun
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

There are people in Wichita who dont know of Taco Rio?
                I've heard of it. Pretty sure I've seen one. I've never been to one though. Don't recall seeing any on the NE side of town where I spend the bulk of my ICT time.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Whaaat? That's real?
                  Yes. 135th and Maple last spring. Me no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Yes. 135th and Maple last spring. Me no joke.
                    I used to ... live ... at that ... intersection.

Comment

Maybe if we plot the QTs on the west side of the intersection on a map, it will make an illuminati symbol that points us to treasure, or sumptin?
                      I will get Rick and Marty Lagina right on that.

Comment

Oh yeah! That's definitely downtown -- not the west side in my head. But still -- it's one of the few west corner QTs in town.

I totally forgot about that Taco Rio.
                        You obviously don't know the Entire history of the Delano area (just west of the river). :)
                        Civilized people didn't go there. It was definitely west of Wichita

Historic Delano District
                        Strolling the streets of the Historic Delano District as it is today, with its thriving shops, eateries, businesses, bakeries and more, it’s clear that the area has evolved since its roots in the old days, when saddle-worn cowboys and tired horses and cows made their way to the very same streets. But you can still find plenty of nods to the area’s colorful past.

Located along Douglas Avenue on the west bank of the Arkansas River at the end of the Chisholm Trail, the Historic Delano District was established during the days of the Chisholm Trail cattle drives as a place for the cowboys to blow off steam after months on the trail from Texas.

During the 1870s through 1880s, the cowboys that drove cattle from Texas to railheads in Kansas on the Chisholm Trail often would find their so-called rest and recreation in Delano. It was a time of saloons, brothels, gambling houses, gunfights and cattle rustling, with the fines levied in Delano bringing in revenue to build Wichita.

Eventually incorporated into Wichita, Delano is now a thriving shopping district with more than 250 businesses, including dining and shopping.

Comment

Off with their heads!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I've heard of it. Pretty sure I've seen one. I've never been to one though. Don't recall seeing any on the NE side of town where I spend the bulk of my ICT time.
                            Only one in Wichita at Douglas & Seneca.

Comment

Heh. All you squinty eyed westsiders… can’t trust none of them.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Why eat at Taco Rio when Taco Shop is available?? I miss me some 12 soft tacos and coors.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X