Societal Colllapse looks like....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Stay tuned , my gut says (I know ole Shockm doesn't like gut feelings) she'll survive.

P.S. I can't say enough about 1883, I love the show. The acting isn't always the best, but it's good enough for me. I have anticipated each new episode like I used to the next Shocker ...
    Hold me, WstateU. Waaaaaaaaahhhhh
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Hold me, WstateU. Waaaaaaaaahhhhh
      Visited with two of the toughest old codgers on the planet earlier this evening and both of them sonsabiatches said they broke down and cried towards the end of the finale. I was definitely wrong, but she’s technically still with us as she rode off with Sam.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Visited with two of the toughest old codgers on the planet earlier this evening and both of them sonsabiatches said they broke down and cried towards the end of the finale. I was definitely wrong, but she’s technically still with us as she rode off with Sam.

Lol

Can't wait for season 2!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

A Missouri woman was awarded $5.2 million in a settlement from insurance company GEICO after contracting a sexually transmitted disease from her partner in his vehicle, which was insured by the compan

Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

I don't understand all legalities, but am I reading it right that it comes down to them not defending the insured party and simply just denying the claim? Had they defended the insured within denying the claim they may not have lost?

It still sounds ridiculous. If the guy new he had it and failed to disclose that to a partner than he should face some sort of accountability. Plus, he's just a shitty person. But I'm not sure how that falls on the insured car, just because the act took place there. Though a lot of court decisions don't make actual sense and haven't for a long time. It's why we have warning labels on everything. Apparently cars will now have to come with a label that says don't pass on STI's inside the vehicle, or there will now have to be clauses in coverage that specifically deal with it and if you're covered or not.

I need a drink.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This probably could have fit into other threads as well, but I was on the WSU Sunflower web site to see if there was anything from a student perspective on the new AD, and ran across a few other pieces where one has to wonder about he youth of America:

- https://thesunflower.com/63964/news/...g-controversy/ - some students are upset that WuShock was photographed holding the 'thin blue line' in support of police, the article talks to a 2022 graduate who considers herself a "leading WuShock expert" and complained about it, and another student who claims the flag alienates 90% of the student body

- https://thesunflower.com/64052/opini...t-mean-for-us/ - an opinion piece complaining about Elon Musk, the writer covers all the common talking points by college students regarding wealthy individuals, but loses a lot of credibility in stating Musk owns Twitter already

- https://thesunflower.com/64028/opini...t-journalists/ - another opinion piece where a reporter wants people to stop making fun of journalists
              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                - https://thesunflower.com/64028/opini...t-journalists/ - another opinion piece where a reporter wants people to stop making fun of journalists
                People laugh at jokes. If you don't want to be laughed at stop being a joke.

Comment

Even Bill Maher is taking shots at so-called journalists. Technically these jokers really aren't journalists in the true sense of the word so no one is really making fun of journalists. They are making fun of non-journalists cosplaying as journalists and claiming to be journalists.

Comment

Fox 40 - Krispy Kreme selling doughnut-flavored soft-serve ice cream in 10 test markets

(NEXSTAR) – Krispy Kreme, a chain known for pushing pillowy-soft doughnuts, is introducing another foodstuff you’ll barely need teeth for.

On Tuesday, Krispy Kreme will begin serving doughnut-flavored soft-serve ice cream and doughnut-flavored milkshakes in 10 different markets across the country: Charlotte, Greensboro and Winston-Salem, in North Carolina; Greenville, South Carolina.; Norfolk and Newport News, Virginia; Charleston, West Virginia; Nashville and the Tri-Cities region (Kingsport, Johnson City, and Bristol), in Tennessee; and San Antonio, Texas.

The new soft-serve will later debut at shops in Mobile and Southwest, Alabama; Tampa, St. Petersburg and Pensacola, Florida; New Orleans, Louisiana; Branson, Missouri; and Wichita, Kansas, according to a press release.
                    Pretty sure this is what societal collapse looks like. Also pretty sure I'll have to try it when it comes to Wichita.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Fox 40 - Krispy Kreme selling doughnut-flavored soft-serve ice cream in 10 test markets

Pretty sure this is what societal collapse looks like. Also pretty sure I'll have to try it when it comes to Wichita.
                      I've always heard Wichita is a good test market. Not sure if that still holds any truth or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

I've always heard Wichita is a good test market. Not sure if that still holds any truth or not.
                        Yeah. I always heard Wichita and Des Moines were targeted a lot for such things.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Wichita police search for pie thieves - https://www.kwch.com/2022/06/22/wich...h-pie-thieves/ - (A picture of the thieves can be seen with the article, although the pic is low resolution.)

Published: Jun. 22, 2022 at 3:22 PM CDT

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - The Wichita Police Department needs your help identifying two suspected pie thieves.

Police say, around 1:30 a.m. on May 23, the pair broke into a restaurant in the 4300 block of W. Maple and stole several pies. They arrived and left in a silver 4-door vehicle with front bumper damage and a loud exhaust.

If you have information on the suspects or the vehicle in the case, call Crime Stoppers at 316-267-2111 to submit an anonymous tip. If your tip leads to an arrest, you could be eligible for a cash reward.
                          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                            Wichita police search for pie thieves - https://www.kwch.com/2022/06/22/wich...h-pie-thieves/ - (A picture of the thieves can be seen with the article, although the pic is low resolution.)

Sorry to make a joke in a "Societal Collapse" thread; blame it on the pie thieves...

NSFV alert... "That's my pie!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Beer Drinkers Asked to Stop Using Phrases With ‘Lad Culture’ Overtones in Favor of More Inclusive Language (msn.com)

Phrases such as “pub crawl” and “happy hour” are deemed “non-inclusive.”

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                Beer Drinkers Asked to Stop Using Phrases With ‘Lad Culture’ Overtones in Favor of More Inclusive Language (msn.com)

Phrases such as “pub crawl” and “happy hour” are deemed “non-inclusive.”

Wtf?
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X