Did you Get the COVID Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Fair question. Again, there's arguments for and against everything. Nothing is cut and dried, but I think there's a lot of people out there that need something more concrete because the world seems so out of control right now. But unfortunately, that uncertainty is really how science works; debate amongst peers until there seems to be a consensus, and then following that consensus until better information comes along. Sometimes this is a messy process. This is why one day we hear eggs will kill us and the next day we hear we should eat an egg every day.

Confirmation bias is running rampant in our society these days. So we hear one or two experts say something that agrees with what we already believe, and we ignore the multitudes of other experts who say something completely different. Before everyone was an armchair epidemiologist everyone was an armchair climatologist, and you'd see climate change deniers give a lot of cred to reports, papers, and scientists who bucked the consensus. We absolutely need to listen to those few voices coming from the back of the room, and they have valid points that should be considered in the debate. But if we're going to "trust the science," then we need to trust the consensus.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

LoLwut the fk does scoreboard mean? I am well aware that the vast majority of contributors to the Shockernet Covid threads are Covidiots, who've been vaccinated, yet still regurgitate anti-vax propaganda - ignoring their efficacy in the community at large while hyping horse antiparasitics. Do you know how especially ignorant you must be to have publicly taken that stance? It's a hybrid between deluded and retard. I believe I will call them delutards if that's okay with you. Anti-vax Covidiot Delutards (who've been vaxxed).

Getting a little testy? I would too if I got murdered this badly. Calling people that got vaccinated, “antivaxers” lmfao!!!!11
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Getting a little testy? I would too if I got murdered this badly. Calling people that got vaccinated, “antivaxers” lmfao!!!!11
        People who've been vaccinated acting like anti-vaxxers. lmfao!!!!11

Comment

You're typical of most Democrats these days. You use marginalizing names to damage and disregard anyone who disagrees with you. You call us racists and anti-vaccers even though those names couldn’t be farther from the truth, and it tells us more about who you are, instead of who we are. This name calling ruins your credibility when it does happen.

Comment

Explain that to me because that seems to be a paradox.

Just accept the ass beating like a man and move on. Although like a typical Democrat, you won’t.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Explain that to me because that seems to be a paradox.

Just accept the ass beating like a man and move on. Although like a typical Democrat, you won’t.
              I've no doubt that you face many "paradox's" on a day to day basis my friend. Such is the state of the deluded. This isn't the place to attempt a total brain detox. Perhaps some of my words have put a dent in the dome of propaganda imprisoning you. Over time that dent my turn into a crack where reality may start to leak in like sunlight through dense trees. I truly hope that for you and the rest on here who've dug their heels in on a losing horse.

Comment

Clod, I think you are confusing "anti-vaxxer" with "pro-constitutioner". Not surprised you wouldn't understand that though...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Clod, I think you are confusing "anti-vaxxer" with "pro-constitutioner". Not surprised you wouldn't understand that though...
                  No I'm not. If ya'll just screamed Muh Liburty over and over again you would be able to take that defense. But you continually post sketchy articles slamming vaccine efficacy then follow it up with ones on "NaTuRuL IMmMmMmMuniTiTTy", horse wormers, and just about everything else that the anti-vaxxers are risking their mind and body on. All the while, deaths by those who've been vaccinated have plummeted. PLUMMETED!

If you sound like an anti-vaxxer, you're probably an anti-vaxxer. If you got the vaccine and still sound like an anti-vaxer, you're a hypocrite... and a total moron.

The only person on this board who's been quite consistent on this being a liberty issue is wufan. He's dead wrong, but at least he's been consistent. The rest of you are just talking and acting like non-smart people. I'm hoping it's just for trolls. If you really believe the stuff you're posting well... good luck! And I blame Wichita State for not forging proper critical thinking skills into you while you were students.

Comment

I've no doubt that you face many "paradox's" on a day to day basis my friend. Such is the state of the deluded. This isn't the place to attempt a total brain detox. Perhaps some of my words have put a dent in the dome of propaganda imprisoning you. Over time that dent my turn into a crack where reality may start to leak in like sunlight through dense trees. I truly hope that for you and the rest on here who've dug their heels in on a losing horse.
                    No explanation. I was correct.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I’m glad Cold isn’t a hypocrite when he said he was gonna back out of this convo and call off the horses, among other things.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

nm
                        Last edited by WstateU; November 15, 2021, 07:33 PM.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Dude! That is one triggered SOB. My goodness...

Comment

People who fret over other people's lives and decisions seem to be the most insecure with their own.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Sometimes conspiracy theories are true. The vast majority of the time they are not. But stuff like this is fun, right? There's some great Adam Sandler movies where some down and out guy proves all the know it all elite folks wrong. Sometimes, conspiracy theories give us comfort in an uncertain world where things seem completely out of our control. Conspiracy theories also give us a sense of power, a tidbit of "knowledge" that makes us feel we possess something others don't. The world is changing too fast, and conspiracy theories fill a void in folks who understandably feel like they're getting left behind.

When it comes to science, I tend to believe the scientific consensus. When the vast majority of the scientific community is saying one thing but a link to a sketchy website says something different, I'm going to go ahead and stick with the consensus until there's better info. We all need to have some healthy skepticism, but there's also such a thing as unhealthy skepticism. Common sense tends to indicate the dividing line between the two.
                              You’re 100% wrong if you think there is scientific consensus on this. There is bureaucratic consensus. I work with over 300 scientists on a daily basis. You would benefit from listening to the nuanced conversations on this.

We’ve done mask studies and vaccination efficacy studies, and pondered policy decisions. When you get into the nuance, what you find is that there are some policies that make sense (though not all), but almost all are over sold.

If you’re curious, I’ve contributed to 100s of the 1000s of pages of documents that have been submitted to the FDA and CDC on vaccine efficacy either as the author or subject matter expert.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

There is a certain business in town that all their employees are vaccinated (some with their 3rd shot) and are required to wear masks. So far 10 out of ~30 employees have tested positive for covid.

If you have not gotten covid, you will.

Comment

Working...
                                X