NFL 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watching MNF?

They just talked about Jeff Dickerson passing....an ESPN reporter in Chicago.

An incredibly sad story, he passed at 43 from colon cancer. His wife passed 2 years ago from cancer.

They leave behind an 11 year old son.

Dickerson is survived by his 11-year-old son, Parker, and parents, George and Sandy Dickerson. Dickerson’s wife, Caitlin, died from cancer at 36 in 2019.

Jeff did TV color for Loyola....thoughts out to our former Valley conference mates on losing a friend.

The gofundme page has raised 1 million for their son. I suspect it will go a lot higher.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Anyone watching MNF?

They just talked about Jeff Dickerson passing....an ESPN reporter in Chicago.

An incredibly sad story, he passed at 43 from colon cancer. His wife passed 2 years ago from cancer.

They leave behind an 11 year old son.

Dickerson is survived by his 11-year-old son, Parker, and parents, George and Sandy Dickerson. Dickerson’s wife, Caitlin, died from cancer at 36 in 2019.

Jeff did TV color for Loyola....thoughts out to our former Valley conference mates on losing a friend.

The gofundme page has raised 1 million for their son. I suspect it will go a lot higher.

Man, I missed that as I was watching Peyton and Eli with Snoop.

Snoop D-O-Double QB’s!

Comment

my money is still on "Washington Mexican Guys"

Comment

Moved, wrong thread.
          Last edited by WuDrWu; January 4, 2022, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Here's an article on Antonio Brown's statement regarding Sunday's walk-off.

https://theathletic.com/news/antonio...ankle-surgery/

"Because of my commitment to the game, I relented to pressure directly from my coach to play injured. Despite the pain, I suited up, the staff injected me with what I now know was a powerful and sometimes dangerous painkiller that the NFLPA has warned against using, and I gave it my all for the team," Brown wrote in a statement. "I played until it was clear that I could not use my ankle to safely perform my playing responsibilities. On top of that, the pain was extreme.

"I took a seat on the sideline and my coach came up to me, very upset, and shouted, 'What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you?' I told him, 'It's my ankle.' But he knew that. It was well-documented and we had discussed it. He then ordered me to get on the field. I said, 'Coach, I can't.' He didn't call for medical attention. Instead, he shouted at me, 'YOU'RE DONE!' while he ran his finger across his throat. Coach was telling me that if I didn't play hurt, then I was done with the Bucs."

Brown added that he underwent an MRI on Monday morning and said that it showed broken bone fragments in his ankle, "the ligament torn from the bone" and cartilage loss. He alleged that two "top orthopedic surgeons" reviewed the MRI, and that he scheduled surgery, but that the Bucs demanded that he see "a doctor of their choice."
            Did any of his movements from the time he started to remove his jersey and pads look like a guy with a torn ligament, bone fragments, and extreme pain (assuming whatever painkiller he says he received had worn off)? He could throw his jersey and pads to the wall, toss gloves into the stands, skip sideways and jog, all without even the slightest hint of a limp.

He may have other issues, but the rest of his statement is full of crap. If Arians did say all of that, I'm betting the context wasn't Brown having an injured ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...2nGA-Mjmbl9qGY

They are in DC. The only logical name choice is the "Swamp Rats".

Comment

Such a waste. The victim mentality even killing the success of those who have fought through so much diversity.

Comment

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...2nGA-Mjmbl9qGY

I like Formally Called/Known as RedSkins or Fckrs or to appease the people you made them change the name they can be called the Washington Woke Fckrs.

Comment

Crazy playoff picture. Here's a site with all the possible scenarios, such as KC getting the #1 seed if they win Saturday and Tennessee loses on Sunday - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Antonio Brown: “There’s nothing wrong with my mental health”

that's just what Joe Biden says

Comment

Antonio Brown: “There’s nothing wrong with my mental health”

that's just what Joe Biden says
                        Antonio has a future in politics for sure!

Comment

Both #1 seeds lose today on last second field goals. The Bengals knock of the Titans in the AFC 19-16 and the 49ers knock of the Packers on the frozen tundra 13-10.

Comment

One of the great joys in life is watching Aaron Rodgers lose in the playoffs.
                            Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                              One of the great joys in life is watching Aaron Rodgers lose in the playoffs.
                              I agree that scenario is near the top, but for me, the Chiefs shitting the bed would be #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                                I agree that scenario is near the top, but for me, the Chiefs shitting the bed would be #1.
                                You must be a Bronco fan (my guess since you live in Western Kansas). Life is the KRAPS for Bronco fans. They "****" the bed almost every week during the regular season, and have done so almost every year since Elway (except for a year when they purchased Peyton Manning). Well, you can hope they can get Aaron Rodgers now. If not, they will continue their spiral down, and maybe Rodgers can't even change their losing ways. No guarantee.

Comment

Working...
                                X