X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great finish in the SMU win.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Memphis holds off Miss State in a very good game.
      SEC Officiating Admits Mistake Was Made At Memphis Today

https://thespun.com/sec/mississippi-...iating-release

I was kind of Shock this was not called back. But Mississippi State did seem to be protesting it. I would have definitely been in the officials ear on this one. At least getting an explanation.

Comment

Ole Miss has put up 61 point on Tulane midway through the 3rd quarter. To its credit Ole Miss took it's foot off the gas at that point.

Final: Ole Miss 61 - Tulane 21
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 19, 2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

The Mountain West gets nice win as Fresno State goes on the road to knock off #13 UCLA 40-37. Also San Diego State edge Utah 33-31 in 3 overtimes.

The Big 12 gets a few mild upsets: Unranked West Virginia over #15 Virginia Tech 27-21, #23 BYU over #19 Arizona State 27-17. Also Oklahoma State wins on the road at Boise State 21-20 with neither team scoring in the second half.

Not a great day for the PAC 12. In addition to the losses by UCLA, Utah and Arizona State noted above Arizona lost at home to Northern Arizona 19-21. Cal got it first win of the season but a 42-30 home win over Sacramento State is not overrly impressive.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 19, 2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Please don't mention Rice again as a candidate to join the AAC. Texas 58 - Rice 0. Besides one program whose mascot/nickname is the Owls is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Please don't mention Rice again as a candidate to join the AAC. Texas 58 - Rice 0. Besides one program whose mascot/nickname is the Owls is enough.
              Outside of baseball when is the last time Rice has been good at any other sport?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Outside of baseball when is the last time Rice has been good at any other sport?
                I think they have been decent in volleyball. But not at the level of their baseball program.

Comment

Interesting matchups this week:

Notre Dame vs Wisconsin in Chicago

W Virginia at OU

Kansas State at Oklahoma State

Arkansas v Texas A&M in Arlington

Comment

KSU at OSU is a huge game. The winner has every right to battle for the Big12 championship. KState gets OU next week I think and has whipped the Sooners several times lately.

Comment

ND vs. Wisconsin should be a good game.

WV vs. Sooners is on prime time so I'll watch it too.

Comment

Small time stuff, I know, but forgive me for bragging on my grandson:

'Tonight, he was awesome': Gage Bowers powers Pretty Prairie over Fairfield in Bulldogs' best start since 2015

https://www.hutchnews.com/story/spor...15/5831187001/

Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 25, 2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

UTSA knocked off Memphis 31-28 in the Liberty Bowl. The Roadrunners outscored Memphis 17-0 in the 4th quarter including a 42-yard game winning field goal as time expired.

SMU went over to Ft. Worth and knocked of TCU 42-34 today.

Navy on the road at Houston is leading the Cougars 17-7 at the half. Hopefully, the Middies can keep it up. Navy did not look very good in their 1st two games.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 25, 2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

North Carolina State knocks off #9 Clemson 27-21 as Clemson falls to 2-2.

Comment

Norte Dame’s D steps on the throat of Wisconsin with two pick-sixes in the final quarter

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                Small time stuff, I know, but forgive me for bragging on my grandson:

'Tonight, he was awesome': Gage Bowers powers Pretty Prairie over Fairfield in Bulldogs' best start since 2015

https://www.hutchnews.com/story/spor...15/5831187001/

Congrats, '72!

Comment

Working...
                                X