2021 College/HS Football Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Norte Dame’s D steps on the throat of Wisconsin with two pick-sixes in the final quarter
    Slightly surprising. The Badgers were favored by 6 (even though they were the lower ranked team).

Speaking of D, it was interesting to watch the b12 play some D last night in prime time.

Comment

I thought West Virginia pretty much gave Oklahoma the win in their game. Just to many key self-inflicted wounds to overcome.

Colorado State gave #5 Iowa a good game in Iowa City. The Rams lead 14-7 midway through the 3rd quarter before Iowa scored 17 unanswered points to close out a 24-14 win.

Air Force beat Florida Atlantic 31-7 at home.

South Florida hung with #15 BYU in Provo losing 27-35.

#19 Michigan and #20 Michigan State both won at home but by close margins. Michigan beat Rutgers 20-13 and Michigan State edged Nebraska 23-20.

#21 North Carolina loses on the road to Georgia Tech 22-45.

#23 Auburn scored two touchdowns in the final 45 seconds of the game to overcome Georgia State 34-24.

Oklahoma State scored all of its points in the 1st half in a 31-20 win over #25 Kansas State although K-State is not really a ranked team without Skylar Thompson.

Houston rallied in the 2nd half for a 28-20 win over a not very good Navy team outscoring the Middies 21-3 in the 2nd half.

UAB edged Tulane 28-21.

KU, after leading 24-21 at the half, lost at Duke 33-52.

UConn falls to 0-5 losing to Wyoming 22-24 although this was far and away UConn's closest loss of the year.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 26, 2021, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Spencer Rattler is feeling a bit of heat from OU fans.

Comment

Brian Kelly becomes the winningest coach of all time at Notre Dame passing Knute Rockne. This feels like a really under-the-radar rise. I had no idea.

Comment

Brian Kelly becomes the winningest coach of all time at Notre Dame passing Knute Rockne. This feels like a really under-the-radar rise. I had no idea.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That is a bit stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Spencer Rattler is feeling a bit of heat from OU fans.
                A boisterous minority (but a large minority) want the freshman to replace him. A few wonder how they'd be if Tanner Mordacai (SMU's starter who transferred from OU) stuck around.

I think the younger fan base (more so than the older ones) are going to hold the NIL against the players like Spencer. Oh you're making a couple hundred K? Well, perform or hear the boos young man.

I don't agree, but that's just me. Booing is reserved for the stripes.

Comment

Some good ones this weekend:

Arkansas at Georgia
                  Cincy at Notre Dame
                  Ole Miss at Alabama
                  Next Group:
                  Baylor at Okie State
                  Oklahoma at Kansas State
                  Auburn at LSU

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Some good ones this weekend:

Arkansas at Georgia
                    Cincy at Notre Dame
                    Ole Miss at Alabama
                    Next Group:
                    Baylor at Okie State
                    Oklahoma at Kansas State
                    Auburn at LSU
                    Arkansas at Georgia gon' be good.

Comment

Temple knocked of Memphis 34-31 in Philadelphia today.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Arkansas at Georgia gon' be good.
                        Guess not. Geogia 37 - Arkansas 0

Georgia's defense is apparently the real deal. The have only allowed 23 points in 5 games so far this year.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 2, 2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Stanford knocks off #3 Oregon 31-24 in OT.

#6 OU holds on for a 37-31 over K-State in Manhattan. Skylar Thompson back in the lineup for K-State.

Navy gets its 1st win of the year with a 34-30 home win over UCF.

Nevada beats Boise State 41-31 on the blue rug as Boise State falls to 2-3 on the season.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 2, 2021, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Georgia's D is ridiculous.

The possibility is starting to exist that there could legitimately be 3 or even 4 SEC teams in the CFP.

The PAC12 is done. Oregon lost at Stanford today and the rest of the league is in the ****.

I think the Big12 is all but done. I suppose it's possible OU can run the table but not based on how they've played. I think it's more likely every Big12 team will have 2 losses or more.

The ACC is all but done. Clemson has 2 losses (and a BAD one vs NCState). Wake and BC are the only undefeated teams left, and they are both going to lose more than 1 game.

ND was skating on thin ice and that broke today.

Cincinnati, with the legit roadie at ND means they can get in IF they run the table. Hardly a gimmie.

BYU could be in the mix IF they run the table. They did beat 3 PAC12 teams (doesn't say much) and they have USC at the end of the year. IF they get past BSU next week, they have a decent chance to be 11-0 when they face the men of Troy.

Florida could absolutely be the 3rd team. I realize they'd be a 2 loss team (losing to Georgia) but if your only losses are to Bama and Georgia, you just might be the 3rd best team in the country.

Even if Georgia lost to Florida, I don't see how the Dawgs don't go. They'd have to lose 2, and that's not happening. What if Ole Miss recovers from the Bama beating today and finishes 11-1?

The B1G still can muck that up though. Iowa looks solid and their schedule is bad after Penn State next week. The other division (East?) will likely cannibalize itself and OSU has a bad home loss already to Oregon. Iowa needs to beat Penn State in Iowa City next weekend and then they should be safe until the B1G Championship, although that might be a tricky game in Lincoln to end the regular season. NU is getting better and it will be their SuperBowl.

Comment

If it ends up Bama, Georgia, and then 3 or 4 one loss SEC/B1G teams, and BYU and Cincy are both 12-0 (or 13 in Cincy's case) this thing will get dicey fast.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Georgia's D is ridiculous.

The possibility is starting to exist that there could legitimately be 3 or even 4 SEC teams in the CFP.

The PAC12 is done. Oregon lost at Stanford today and the rest of the league is in the ****.

I think the Big12 is all but done. I suppose it's possible OU can run the table but not based on how they've played. I think it's more likely every Big12 team will have 2 losses or more.

The ACC is all but done. Clemson has 2 losses (and a BAD one vs NCState). Wake and BC are the only undefeated teams left, and they are both going to lose more than 1 game.

ND was skating on thin ice and that broke today.

Cincinnati, with the legit roadie at ND means they can get in IF they run the table. Hardly a gimmie.

BYU could be in the mix IF they run the table. They did beat 3 PAC12 teams (doesn't say much) and they have USC at the end of the year. IF they get past BSU next week, they have a decent chance to be 11-0 when they face the men of Troy.

Florida could absolutely be the 3rd team. I realize they'd be a 2 loss team (losing to Georgia) but if your only losses are to Bama and Georgia, you just might be the 3rd best team in the country.

Even if Georgia lost to Florida, I don't see how the Dawgs don't go. They'd have to lose 2, and that's not happening. What if Ole Miss recovers from the Bama beating today and finishes 11-1?

The B1G still can muck that up though. Iowa looks solid and their schedule is bad after Penn State next week. The other division (East?) will likely cannibalize itself and OSU has a bad home loss already to Oregon. Iowa needs to beat Penn State in Iowa City next weekend and then they should be safe until the B1G Championship, although that might be a tricky game in Lincoln to end the regular season. NU is getting better and it will be their SuperBowl.
                                Kentucky throwing a monkey into this wrench, and fast. Up 10 at home vs Florida in the 4th. A one loss Kentucky team would be in the mix for sure, although probably outside looking in unless they were competitive @ Georgia (they won't be).

Comment

Working...
                                X