Major Hurrican Ida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    Nothing new is being built in NOLA. Zero permits are allowed nor is there any room for new developments
    Say what? You don't even now what's going on in your own town bro?

We're not just a historic city. See our exciting new innovations and development projects - from attractions and hotels to manufacturing, sustainability and more.

LOUIS ARMSTRONG NEW ORLEANS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

The new, $1 billion world-class terminal complex at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport is the first new terminal of its kind to be built in more than a decade.
    MUSEUM OF THE SOUTHERN JEWISH EXPERIENCE

OPENING EARLY 2021
    LIBERATION PAVILION AT THE NATIONAL WWII MUSEUM

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Liberation Pavilion will mark the final major physical addition to The National WWII Museum with three floors exploring the end of the war, the Holocaust, the immediate postwar years, and the war's continuing impact on our own lives. When complete in 2022
    BOLLINGER CANOPY OF PEACE

AT THE NATIONAL WWII MUSEUM

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

The Bollinger Canopy of Peace will soon take its place as a new landmark on the New Orleans skyline. The iconic architectural structure will rise 148 feet above the center of the institution's campus.

VIRGIN HOTELS NEW ORLEANS

OPENING LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2021

Virgin Hotels New Orleans is slated to open its doors in 2021. Located in the Warehouse District at 550 Baronne Street,
    FOUR SEASONS HOTEL & RESIDENCES

OPENING SPRING 2021

The first Four Seasons-branded property in New Orleans is currently under construction in the former World Trade Center building along the Mississippi Riverfront. The 34-story, mixed-use development will house a 341-key hotel on the lower floors and 81 luxury condominiums on the upper floors.

This is just a FEW of the developments happening in the great city.

NOLA is my 2nd favorite city in America behind New York. I mean... their burial traditions alone make it a top 3 most unique city in the U.S.

I walked up to a teenager once and asked him where he sold his soul to be able to play the trumpet like that. He just giggled. I told him if he'd follow me back to Kansas, I'd make him a star. Then I immediately remembered where I live and that there would likely be few who would be able to appreciate his talent. Guys like him are common in NOLA. The richest source of musical talent in the world perhaps. It's hard to believe sometimes.

New Orleans is a national treasure and will NEVER die!!!

**** YOU HURRICANE IDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Say what? You don't even now what's going on in your own town bro?

We're not just a historic city. See our exciting new innovations and development projects - from attractions and hotels to manufacturing, sustainability and more.

This is just a FEW of the developments happening in the great city.

NOLA is my 2nd favorite city in America behind New York. I mean... their burial traditions alone make it a top 3 most unique city in the U.S.

I walked up to a teenager once and asked him where he sold his soul to be able to play the trumpet like that. He just giggled. I told him if he'd follow me back to Kansas, I'd make him a star. Then I immediately remembered where I live and that there would likely be few who would be able to appreciate his talent. Guys like him are common in NOLA. The richest source of musical talent in the world perhaps. It's hard to believe sometimes.

New Orleans is a national treasure and will NEVER die!!!

**** YOU HURRICANE IDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Houses?

Comment

Houses?
        There's gotta be new residential construction or a city dies. Condos, apartments, homes, etc. I'm sure there are some areas in the poorest districts that aren't being rebuilt but... don't count NOLA out!

Model homes: Sixteen years on it’s time to learn lessons from post-Katrina housing initiatives

I'm gettin' jacked up!

I wanna go down there and help if they need it! I just might. Got muh new antibodies cookin' and everything.

God I love that town....

Too hot for me to live there though.

I love visiting in the winter. NEVER Mardi Gras though lol.

I don't hang out w/ the tourists. It's straight to Frenchmen St. for me.

Comment

New Orleans Officials Select Developer for $1-Billion Riverfront Project

Under the River District proposal, the development would feature affordable and market-rate housing, retail, dining options and a corporate/tech campus. It would also include a civil rights museum and other cultural attractions, an entertainment venue, a 150-room boutique hotel, parks and art installations.
          The development will take place in two phases, the first of which will begin with road and infrastructure improvements funded by the Convention Center’s governing authority. The 875,000-sq-ft first phase will also include the construction of all roads and sidewalks, plus an 85,000-sq-ft entertainment venue, a 40,000-sq-ft cultural museum, 95,000 sq ft of retail, a 150-room boutique hotel and a possible 150-room teaching hotel.
          The development’s second phase—comprising the land closest to the river—will encompass nearly 1.5 million sq ft, and will feature a 750,000 sq ft corporate/tech campus, 30,000 sq ft of specialty retail and dining options, 150 apartment hotel rooms and 500 residential units. Construction of this phase is slated to begin in fall 2023 with completion by 2026.
          Right on the Mississippi LOL!

NOLA giving the finger to sea levels and Mother Nature!

There was a split second after Katrina where people said, "Let that city die..."

A split second anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            https://www.enr.com/articles/51503-n...rfront-project

New Orleans Officials Select Developer for $1-Billion Riverfront Project

Right on the Mississippi LOL!

NOLA giving the finger to sea levels and Mother Nature!

There was a split second after Katrina where people said, "Let that city die..."

A split second anyways...

Most developments are in St James Parish and the West Bank. NOLA is growing, but just not inside the bowl.

Comment

New Orleans is ALL DRY!

The 14.5B spent on the levies appears to have done the trick!

Viva la NOLA!

Comment

Fossil fuels are powering the lifesaving generators in Louisiana right now. Not wind turbines or solar panels.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Fossil fuels are powering the lifesaving generators in Louisiana right now. Not wind turbines or solar panels.
                  Never mind fossil fuel, they were using glycogen fuel to keep some Covid patients alive. Workers were manually ventilating intubated patients at one point.....

Comment

Don't know if this is because of the hurricane, but I'm gonna change into my birthday suit and grab a towel and sit on the deck to enjoy this free sauna.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

5 days later. Still no electricity at DSB Homestead.

Hundreds of linemen being fed by locals as FEMA and electric companies cannot figure out how to do it.

Most the linemen are sleeping in trucks in affected areas. Locals are converting warehouses and garages for them to sleep.

Trust the government. They are here to help.

And I also have not seen anything from the Red Cross other than a styrofoam container with 3 chicken nuggets, 4 green beans and a roll. Crazy how they will misuse and abuse millions of hard earned dollars from hard working people.

Comment

Good luck to you! Stay strong!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Hundreds of linemen being fed by locals as FEMA and electric companies cannot figure out how to do it.

Most the linemen are sleeping in trucks in affected areas. Locals are converting warehouses and garages for them to sleep.

And I also have not seen anything from the Red Cross other than a styrofoam container with 3 chicken nuggets, 4 green beans and a roll. Crazy how they will misuse and abuse millions of hard earned dollars from hard working people.
                          I haven’t heard if they’re doing anything now, but after Katrina, the Annunciation Mission sprung up at the corner of S, Claiborne and Napoleon. They ended up doing more relief work, actual work, than FEMA, the Red Cross, and the “authorities” combined, and they didn’t spend one government nickel doing it. My family all went and volunteered with them two summers in a row.

Comment

Daaang.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

A friend of mine packed up and went to Pensacola and is hanging out on the beach right now. Not sure if that means sleeping there too but at least he isn’t in New Orleans.

Comment

Working...
                              X