"Unsportsmanlike" Baseball in Hays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Unsportsmanlike" Baseball in Hays

Everyone knows you try to steal home when the pitcher goes to the windup... It's just what you do.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I read that three times and still don’t understand what the hell the Legion guy was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        I read that three times and still don’t understand what the hell the Legion guy was talking about.
        The way I took it was that the Legion official was accusing the team of running up the score. The team and their coach were making sure they win by 10 for 2 reasons. That margin of win had meaning to seeding and, in my opinion, you want to run rule the other team to save your pitching (particularly in youth ball where there are # of inning limitations, as there should be).

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

The way I took it was that the Legion official was accusing the team of running up the score. The team and their coach were making sure they win by 10 for 2 reasons. That margin of win had meaning to seeding and, in my opinion, you want to run rule the other team to save your pitching (particularly in youth ball where there are # of inning limitations, as there should be).
          I get that but that is what run rules are for. In the meantime, score as much as possible. What is this unwritten rule nonsense he was spewing? Also does the game just end as 11-0?

Comment

Is Queen on the take?
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I get that but that is what run rules are for. In the meantime, score as much as possible. What is this unwritten rule nonsense he was spewing? Also does the game just end as 11-0?
              I think Queen was just "wingin' it". He accuses the team for running up the score and unsportsmanlike conduct at the time of play and calls the game, then backtracks when asked about it by the press in saying there was a rule that had not yet been written into the rule book, but was currently in force, that was the reason for stopping the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I think Queen was just "wingin' it". He accuses the team for running up the score and unsportsmanlike conduct at the time of play and calls the game, then backtracks when asked about it by the press in saying there was a rule that had not yet been written into the rule book, but was currently in force, that was the reason for stopping the game.
                That just doesn’t make sense. This should be overturned.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Is Queen on the take?
                  More like on the sauce. And his nephew must play for Ottawa, or something. He WAAAY overstepped here.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

More like on the sauce. And his nephew must play for Ottawa, or something. He WAAAY overstepped here.
                      "It's a rule."

"But it's not in the rule book."

"It's an unwritten rule. It will be in the rule book next year."

Then why is this guy enforcing a rule that's not even codified? What a terrible leader.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

"It's a rule."

"But it's not in the rule book."

"It's an unwritten rule. It will be in the rule book next year."

Then why is this guy enforcing a rule that's not even codified? What a terrible leader.
                        Exactly. You just can't run a tournament like that.

Comment

Reminds me of the coach in Back to School. Uhhh, he’s on our substitute roster. I’ll get it to you later…..

Comment

Hays PostPITTSBURG — There’s an old saying in baseball that if you go to enough games, you’ll see something you’ve never seen before. That w

Some things becoming clearer….

Comment

"Queen, who is from Ottawa, ..." :)

Comment

Working...
                              X