No announcement yet.

2021 Olympics - Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of our athletes are out there breaking world records and/or Olympic records; Others said the extra year help them greatly. Yet, some of our athletes either buckled under pressure or ran to stupidly in the heats/semis that it hurt their chances in the finals. Nothing to to with having training thrown off.

I mean, several of them already had world leading times in 2021. Not like they weren’t the favorite or at least a medal favorite coming into the games.

Obviously we aren’t going to agree on this, and that’s alright.
    The Assman

Comment

Aliphine has dropped out at the halfway point. She has been having hip issues.

Comment

Nothing wrong with becoming a mother, it's God's greatest gift, but it definitely hurt any chance she had of medaling doing it so close to the Olympics.

I wish her and her family nothing but health and happiness in the future.
        The Assman

Comment

Popovich is a HOFer, but he isn’t the best FIBA/Olympic basketball coach.

USA Basketball could definitely use a change at HC after Tokyo. Preferably, someone who soul focus is international play.
          The Assman

Comment

Why do they keep switching on Gobert?!?!
            The Assman

Comment

Women's 4X400 win gold with the 5th fastest time ever (3rd if you don't count doping USSR and GDR teams) and the men also get gold in the 4th fastest all time 4X400.

Was flipping around today and caught a Kumite final.

I'm like....whoa....I'm all in here!

Very disappointing.

First, apparently Olympic Kumite doesn't used the preferred raised and slightly curved fighting arena.

Second, they have weight classes.

Third, apparently there is no hiding pills in your drawers to crumble into blinding dust when the opponent has achieved an advantage and is on the cusp of victory.

Fourth, and worst of all, no wagering. I do think eel is available though. And I may have seen an aged Chong Li in the background, difficult to tell.

They also wear tons of protective gear and gloves and crok like shoes that would be safe to hit a toddler with.

And apparently in the gold medal matches, dancing back and forth on your toes for 3 minutes is the preferred way to victory. Striking the opponent in any way seems forbidden.

Perhaps the low light of the Tokyo games for me.

Comment

USA leaves Tokyo with Olympic GOLD in men's 4x400m relay (With Replays) | NBC Sports - YouTube

Comment

Felix wins 11th medal; USA dream team wins 4x400m gold (With Replays) | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports - YouTube

Comment

Interesting for the women that of the 4 runners, only Felix is a true 400 athlete. Mu is an 800 woman, and Muhammad and McLaughlin are 400 hurdlers.

Clearly, all 4 are exceedingly talented and fast.

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

One thing I learned this Olympics, is I think I could become a fan of womens pole vaulting.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          One thing I learned this Olympics, is I think I could become a fan of womens pole vaulting.
                          You're just now learning this?
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Unfortunately, my 'pole' doesn't 'vault' much anymore...
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Enjoy...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                Enjoy...

Goodness gracious Great Balls of Fire!
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X