No announcement yet.

2021 Olympics - Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is in the semis of the 50 free. His starts are amazing and that is half the battle in the 50.

Comment

USA sets new world record to continue men's 4x100 medley relay reign | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports

Ryan Murphy, Michael Andrew, Caeleb Dressel and Zach Apple combine to edge Great Britain in a nailbiter 4x100 medley relay to preserve the United States' PER...

Comment

Swimming has me back watching the Olympics. Quite exciting!

Comment

Meant this for here instead.

Xander Schauffele won gold, barely holding off Slovakian (?!) Rory Sabbatini. There was an epic playoff for bronze between CT Pan, Collin Morikawa, Hideki Matsuyama, Rory McIlroy, Paul Casey, Mito Pereira & Sebastian Munoz.

Justin Thomas and Captain America finished tied for 22nd.

Xander's family background is interesting, especially considering the Olympics in Tokyo. Sabbatini (born in South Africa, married a Slovak and holds three citizenships, including here in the USA) who has often been criticized for his actions on and off the course, was really good in the post play interviews. Perhaps he is an ass, but he was excellent today and should get credit for being so.

By the way, Sabbatini shot 61. 10 yes TEN birdies, an eagle and 2 bogies. One hell of a closing round.

Also, more team events, like relays. The mixed relays, swimming and track alike, have been very entertaining. The track 4X4 was great (Americans were DQ'd in the prelims, imagine that, but then reinstated, which was bs, and then finished 4th off the podium in the finals) but let's add multiple disciplines in the future please.
          Last edited by WuDrWu; August 1, 2021, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Meant this for here instead.

Xander Schauffele won gold, barely holding off Slovakian (?!) Rory Sabbatini. There was an epic playoff for bronze between CT Pan, Collin Morikawa, Hideki Matsuyama, Rory McIlroy, Paul Casey, Mito Pereira & Sebastian Munoz.

Justin Thomas and Captain America finished tied for 22nd.

Xander's family background is interesting, especially considering the Olympics in Tokyo. Sabbatini (born in South Africa, married a Slovak and holds three citizenships, including here in the USA) who has often been criticized for his actions on and off the course, was really good in the post play interviews. Perhaps he is an ass, but he was excellent today and should get credit for being so.

By the way, Sabbatini shot 61. 10 yes TEN birdies, an eagle and 2 bogies. One hell of a closing round.

Also, more team events, like relays. The mixed relays, swimming and track alike, have been very entertaining. The track 4X4 was great (Americans were DQ'd in the prelims, imagine that, but then reinstated, which was bs, and then finished 4th off the podium in the finals) but let's add multiple disciplines in the future please.
            Love Xander Schauffele. He grew up here in San Diego (Scripps Ranch area) and went to SDSU. Dude is second to Phil around here as far as golf royalty and by every account a good person. Happy to see him bring home the gold. His Mom is Taiwanese and grew up in Japan and I believe his grandparents still live in Tokyo. Not sure he was able to connect with them due to the schedule and Covid but a great back story indeed. His Dad is German and I believe was close to being an olympian in the decathlon.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Love Xander Schauffele. He grew up here in San Diego (Scripps Ranch area) and went to SDSU. Dude is second to Phil around here as far as golf royalty and by every account a good person. Happy to see him bring home the gold. His Mom is Taiwanese and grew up in Japan and I believe his grandparents still live in Tokyo. Not sure he was able to connect with them due to the schedule and Covid but a great back story indeed. His Dad is German and I believe was close to being an olympian in the decathlon.
              Wait wait wait… you live in Whale’s Vagina?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Agree to disagree.

Comment

You ate a whole wheel of cheese? I'm not even mad...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

The last time the Japanese and Germans got together ...
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

The last time the Japanese and Germans got together ...
                        Was watching the US women's beach volleyball team beat the German team. I looked at my son and told him. "That's not the first time the US beat the Germans. I hope the Germans don't play the Polish next. They will slaughter them."

He just shook his head at me.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

You again….lol

Comment

It's really kind of sad. Megan Rapinoe could have probably done 10000% more good for her 'causes' if she would have celebrated being an American and bringing the country together. Had she made statements praising being an American and loving the country that gave her the chance to live out her dream, she not only would have galvanized all of the country behind the USWNT, she probably would have become the face of the LGB community and brought it even closer to the mainstream. Instead, she took her instant fame and decided to immediately take a **** on the country and parrot ignorant tropes regarding women's pay and what not. All so that she could cater to the small minority of the population and media that desires to be perpetual victims, instead of conquerers.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              It's really kind of sad. Megan Rapinoe could have probably done 10000% more good for her 'causes' if she would have celebrated being an American and bringing the country together. Had she made statements praising being an American and loving the country that gave her the chance to live out her dream, she not only would have galvanized all of the country behind the USWNT, she probably would have become the face of the LGB community and brought it even closer to the mainstream. Instead, she took her instant fame and decided to immediately take a **** on the country and parrot ignorant tropes regarding women's pay and what not. All so that she could cater to the small minority of the population and media that desires to be perpetual victims, instead of conquerers.
                              She brought many Americans together. I can never recall an American team so despised by the masses that they were openly cheered against and mocked in their defeats.

So she has that going for her.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Warholm holds off Benjamin for gold, WR in ALL-TIME 400m hurdles final | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports

Norway's Karsten Warholm destroyed his own world record to capture Olympic gold and survive a charge from American Rai Benjamin. #NBCOlympics #Tokyo2020 #Kar...

Comment

Working...
                                X