2021 Olympics - Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Biles really let her teammates down. I mean, she basically quit on them at the 11th hour in the middle of a competition. I get that she has done a tremendous amount for US Gymnastics, but that is pretty low to me.
    The girls did a great job picking themselves up. Glad she didn't diva it up and walk out on them but stayed and cheered them on.

Read some about what happened. Sounds like she was basically getting lost in the middle of her flips/turns. It seems to happen at times and you just need to work through it. The practice gym doesn't have the foam pit they use to work through it.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post

The girls did a great job picking themselves up. Glad she didn't diva it up and walk out on them but stayed and cheered them on.

Read some about what happened. Sounds like she was basically getting lost in the middle of her flips/turns. It seems to happen at times and you just need to work through it. The practice gym doesn't have the foam pit they use to work through it.
      Going to summarize Ben Shapiro’s take: Had issues as described above. It’s dangerous and impossible to perform at the highest level. She made a reasonable decision. She shouldn’t be praised as a hero for sitting it out.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Great women's 4x200 relay. Ledeky was flying. If the pool was 10 meters longer I think she catches the Chineese swimmer.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
          Great women's 4x200 relay. Ledeky was flying. If the pool was 10 meters longer I think she catches the Chineese swimmer.
          Easily. She was haulin a$$.

Comment

Her split was ridiculous. Katie Ledecky is an amazing champion.

Caeleb Dressel provided another Olympic moment as well, winning the 100 by a whisker, then breaking down when able to see his family and again when getting his gold medal and hearing the anthem. More of that please.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Going to summarize Ben Shapiro’s take: Had issues as described above. It’s dangerous and impossible to perform at the highest level. She made a reasonable decision. She shouldn’t be praised as a hero for sitting it out.

Let me first say, if her teammates had no problem with her decision, I don't know why anyone would. What gets me though is that we can't even question the decision, and people that celebrate the decision.

I don't disagree that mental health is health. But you cannot qualify or quantify. It's not out of the question that Simone, who is without question the greatest gymnast ever, was struggling coming into these games. Her comments before and during suggest she was struggling in some capacity. Was it "the twisties", boredom, fatigue, pressure.....something else? I don't know, and I'm guessing few if any others do either. Much has been made, correctly, of all these athletes preparing to peak for 2020. Then Covid happened. Being the best in the world isn't like you and me heading to the course a few hours later. These special, unique athletes build for a goal, based on time. It doesn't seem unreasonable to ask the question, especially based on her comments leading up to the Olympics.

But there now exist groups of people not allowed to question other if any. people's motivations or decisions.

And those that "blindly" (meaning they have no earthly clue why she made the decision she did) literally celebrate the decision should make zero sense to all of us.

But we live in a society now that celebrates most every single oddity or stray from the norm as being successful. My, how far we've come.

Comment

Don't know about you all but I cannot wait for Track and Field to begin:

Comment

Michelle Janneke did not make the Australian team unfortunately.

Pole vaulter Sam Kendricks is out of the Olympics due to a positive Covid. Real shame as he's perhaps the most patriotic athletes the USA will run out these games.

Anyone see the 800 Final yesterday with Bobby Finke of the USA winning in come from behind fashion? He was 5th at the 750 turn, by more than a full body length and still no better than 4th with just 25 meters to go. He closed like a freight train to get the dub for the USA.

Comment

Comment

Dude was a speed boat the last 25 meters!

Comment

On the other end of the spectrum, there's the kid from Lawrence, Andrews I think, in the 200IM. Dude had at least a body length plus going into the final 50, the freestyle, and absolutely got swallowed up by the field. I think he finished 5th, but might have been 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          Don't know about you all but I cannot wait for Track and Field to begin:

You get the one on the left. I get the three on the right.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

https://nypost.com/2021/07/29/swimme...ents-third-leg

“You’re 18 years old, it’s your first Olympics, and your third leg was just phenomenal,” Balding told the swimmers.

Immediately after, swimmer Tom Dean chuckled and visibly struggled to keep his composure as his mind went straight to the gutter — while teammate Matthew Richards, to whom the comment was directed, held back a grin and awkwardly paused before finding his words.

Best answer

“Caused a bit of a drag but I swam on,” another wrote as a joke response Richards could’ve given.
                            Last edited by jdmee; July 30, 2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Michelle Janneke did not make the Australian team unfortunately.

Pole vaulter Sam Kendricks is out of the Olympics due to a positive Covid. Real shame as he's perhaps the most patriotic athletes the USA will run out these games.

Anyone see the 800 Final yesterday with Bobby Finke of the USA winning in come from behind fashion? He was 5th at the 750 turn, by more than a full body length and still no better than 4th with just 25 meters to go. He closed like a freight train to get the dub for the USA.
                              That Finke finish was amazing!

I've been somewhat disappointed with NBC's coverage. Twice in prime time they didn't show a US gymnast's score after an event, including last night's Suni Lee uneven bars performance. They haven't explained the lesser know events well at all. Watched an entire archery final and ever once did they say or show the distance they were at.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                On the other end of the spectrum, there's the kid from Lawrence, Andrews I think, in the 200IM. Dude had at least a body length plus going into the final 50, the freestyle, and absolutely got swallowed up by the field. I think he finished 5th, but might have been 7th.
                                And didn't they also say he was going to compete in the 50 free? It's his worst stroke as evidenced by that performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X