No announcement yet.

Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone played The Coves or Shan gra la at Grand Lake?

Comment

Sand Creek is pretty special. Played Heston 100 times back in the day and it’s not in the same area code.

AH is ok once or twice but I think it’s kind of a Mickey Mouse course.

Shangri-La played a bunch. Not bad at all. Near a big lake is always a plus. Would play there anytime.

Comment

Sand Creek is my favorite public course. Auburn Hills is a very nice course, although driving it is the key.

I am at Grand Lake as we speak. Shangri La is excellent. Haven’t played the Cove. Patricia Island is decent.

Comment

Perfect swing…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Perfect swing…

Apparently, both have a balance problem. Nevertheless, his swing is horrible. Hers is damn near perfect.

Comment

Perfect swing…
              They are hindering her arm movement. I'm not even sure how you could fix that "problem" -- which is no problem at all really.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Perfect swing…

Udderly flawless!!

Comment

Perfect swing…

I love how she flat loads her feet so she can snap load her power pack to amplify both lag and drag pressure...and the dude doesn't!!!

Comment

Father, son and grandfather were all getting ready to start on the 1st hole when up walked a knock-you-dead with her looks blonde. She asked if she could play with them and said that if she could, there were three rules she had: They could not tell her how to play the hole nor what iron to use and she would tee from the same tee box as they did. After the first four holes she was even par and when they reached the 18th, she was on the green in two with a 16 foot putt to the hole for a one under par. She explained that she had never been this good before and that if any one of them could now advise her how to make the birdie, she would spend the night with that person. The son told her that the shot broke left to right and she had to hit it about 8 inches to the left and it would curve in. The father told her that there was a double break and it was slightly uphill and against the grain and that she should aim right and hit it firmly and the ball would go in. The grandfather lined the shot up from the ball to the hole, walked to the hole and lined up the shot that way, returned to the ball, looked again and returned to the hole and looked that way again. After doing this, gramps walked back to the ball, picked it up and said:
                    “IT'S A GIMME."
                    Last edited by shoxlax; July 15, 2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I love how she flat loads her feet so she can snap load her power pack to amplify both lag and drag pressure...and the dude doesn't!!!
                      What dude?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

What dude?
                        The one in the fr...oh yea, you're right...what dude???

Comment

SHOXAAC So could you and others, give us some advice on courses in the area:

Best rates for what you get?
                          Hidden Gems?
                          Top Nine Hole Course?
                          Best Course for high handicappers?
                          Best Snack Bar?
                          Courses to avoid?

Thanks!

Comment

SHOXAAC So could you and others, give us some advice on courses in the area:

Best rates for what you get?
                            Hidden Gems?
                            Top Nine Hole Course?
                            Best Course for high handicappers?
                            Best Snack Bar?
                            Courses to avoid?

Thanks!
                            Best rates for what you get? Hidden Lakes: $40 green fee with cart. Solid golf course. Reasonably maintained.
                            Hidden Gems? Not a hidden gem, but my favorite public course in the area is Sand Creek Station. It has a reasonable rate at $45 and it include range balls. The course is an excellent layout and is always in excellent shape. Plus it is a great venue to work on your MMA skills.
                            Top Nine Hole Course? I like the Links At Pretty Prairies. Nice layout and last time I played the course was in good shape.
                            Best Course for high handicappers? You can't beat Sim Park. Easy layout with little trouble.
                            Best Snack Bar? Any snack bar that has cold beer is considered "Best" to me.
                            Courses to avoid? Pine Bay is a little gimmicky, but I like how they give military a discount.

Comment

I guess by best snack bar I mean best or most unique food. For example, the course at McConnell when it was open, served a mean Thai fried rice.

Comment

I guess by best snack bar I mean best or most unique food. For example, the course at McConnell when it was open, served a mean Thai fried rice.
                                I will defer to my cold beer story. I am pretty low maintenance except for cold beer. Crap I sound high maintenance due to my constantt need for cold beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X