RV Life Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Put down a deposit on a grand design imagine xls 21bhe. The one I linked above. It sleeps (uncomfortably) 7, is less than 25 foot hitch to bumper, under 5000 lbs, has a true queen bed, seating for six in the living area, power everything, four season set up, and an outdoor kitchen. All in all it should be a great weekend trailer for my family of 4 to cut our teeth.

Paid $1000 more than I wanted, but it had everything we wanted and we loved the floor plan and styling. Plus my wife likes me again.
    You settled for "likes me again"?

Comment

She wants me to call em back and get this done. It has been decided.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

You settled for "likes me again"?
        Yeah, but the girl friend is gonna love it!
        Livin the dream

Comment

Long story short, my wife was expecting no discount and I asked him to double the initial discount offered. We left without it and she was sad. I told her he might call me back and accept. It’s worked before.

We looked online and didn’t see anything we liked better and 4 times in the last week she asked if he had called back yet. I was getting the impression that the alpha male was not the guy that got the best deal, but rather the guy that possessed the RV.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Put down a deposit on a grand design imagine xls 21bhe. The one I linked above. It sleeps (uncomfortably) 7, is less than 25 foot hitch to bumper, under 5000 lbs, has a true queen bed, seating for six in the living area, power everything, four season set up, and an outdoor kitchen. All in all it should be a great weekend trailer for my family of 4 to cut our teeth.

Paid $1000 more than I wanted, but it had everything we wanted and we loved the floor plan and styling. Plus my wife likes me again.
            Wife doesn't like camping of any kind, any other ideas on how to get her to like me again?

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

Wife doesn't like camping of any kind, any other ideas on how to get her to like me again?
              Jewelry?

Comment

Woohoo! Well done, Sir!

Comment

Congrats!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I found out early in my relationship that $1000 worth of jewelry is less appealing to my wife than $200 worth of high end kitchen stuff. Win for me!

I don’t know how your wife would feel about a “lake house” that she can decorate/cook in or whatever it is she likes. Try selling the RV like that. If she objects, just buy/rent a lake house.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

I found out early in my relationship that $1000 worth of jewelry is less appealing to my wife than $200 worth of high end kitchen stuff. Win for me!

I don’t know how your wife would feel about a “lake house” that she can decorate/cook in or whatever it is she likes. Try selling the RV like that. If she objects, just buy/rent a lake house.
                      She is not much on jewelry. We have rented a cabin on a stream right outside Smokie Mountain National Park in June, staying in a house in Colorado Rockies in July, and taking a cruise in Sept. Two things she loves is cruising and going to road Shocker games, both of which we have sorely missed.

She told me the nicest thing I have said to her in 49 years of marriage was she did not slow down when crossing over a old narrow bridge across a lake when there was on coming traffic. (Actually it was the bridge in the TV series 'Ozark'.

Probably what I need is interpersonal relationships counseling. She maybe easy to please & I just don't know it.

Comment

She is not much on jewelry. We have rented a cabin on a stream right outside Smokie Mountain National Park in June, staying in a house in Colorado Rockies in July, and taking a cruise in Sept. Two things she loves is cruising and going to road Shocker games, both of which we have sorely missed.

She told me the nicest thing I have said to her in 49 years of marriage was she did not slow down when crossing over a old narrow bridge across a lake when there was on coming traffic. (Actually it was the bridge in the TV series 'Ozark'.

Probably what I need is interpersonal relationships counseling. She maybe easy to please & I just don't know it.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Just buy a 350/3500. Same truck with different springs but far higher payload capacity. Only like another $1K.

The diesel 250/2500’s in particular have surprisingly low payload capacities, due to the extra 700 (or whatever) lbs in engine weight. They can be in the low 2K’s in payload, which is sort of shocking as a so-called heavy duty pickup.
                          My daily is a 2005 2500 LLY Duramax. My other truck is a LB7 2500 Duramax. With airbags they are the same as a 1 ton, except you can air the bags down and it will ride like a 1/2 ton. The only difference between a 3/4 ton and a 1 ton is the suspension. The frame/engine/tranny/axles are the same.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

My daily is a 2005 2500 LLY Duramax. My other truck is a LB7 2500 Duramax. With airbags they are the same as a 1 ton, except you can air the bags down and it will ride like a 1/2 ton. The only difference between a 3/4 ton and a 1 ton is the suspension. The frame/engine/tranny/axles are the same.
                            Yeah, I think you sorta repeated me there.

There is however a big difference legally if for some reason the court or a lawyer wants to come after you for GVWR issues after an accident. That is most certainly a thing. Get into an accident while overloaded and you better grab a tub of Vaseline and break out the 401K to put an attorney on retainer. It's why basically all 1/2 ton guys who tow heavy should be paranoid, and why a good chunk of 3/4 ton diesel guys should be concerned. You can overload anything, sure, but pretty easy to do on a 1/2 ton, and shockingly easy on a 3/4 ton diesel.

Comment

The difference between a 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton is about 1/4 ton.

Droppin' knowledge like second period English, yo.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Yeah, I think you sorta repeated me there.

There is however a big difference legally if for some reason the court or a lawyer wants to come after you for GVWR issues after an accident. That is most certainly a thing. Get into an accident while overloaded and you better grab a tub of Vaseline and break out the 401K to put an attorney on retainer. It's why basically all 1/2 ton guys who tow heavy should be paranoid, and why a good chunk of 3/4 ton diesel guys should be concerned. You can overload anything, sure, but pretty easy to do on a 1/2 ton, and shockingly easy on a 3/4 ton diesel.
                                Not really.

If I am understanding you correctly, what you are asserting is that once a vehicle leaves the factory, any modifications to it do not change the legal weight limitations. That is not true.

For instance, a VIN number only follows a cab, nothing else. You can take an F-250 cab, put it on an F-350 frame and drive train, and tow to the specs of an F-350. Everything you do to modify a vehicle changes the legal weight requirements.

Before I got it, my daily 2500 was a commercial vehicle that pulled over and was weighed on DOT scales while under payload. Due to the modifications made to the suspensions, even though he exceeded the factory payload ratings he was still legal because he was not exceeding the weight ratings the modifications provided.
                                Last edited by shock; May 28, 2021, 03:08 PM.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X