So I started a Youtube Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

I’ve also just created one to share my hikes, backpacking trips, Jeep trips, and mountain climbs.

I’ll share anything I learn along the way so you don’t make the same dumb mistakes I do!
    Post it up!
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

A friend of my dad's lives somewhere is a remote part of Alaska. All I know is he has to take a boat to get to any kind of store. Never seen a single photo from the guy. I've watched a lot of YT videos, and I kind of prefer the kind that don't have music backgrounds.

As far as content, well, the sky is the limit for you. Walking, driving to town, around town, fishing, hiking, bicycling, and wildlife. Point out areas of interest or highlights in the area. Walk in a store and show us what life is like, prices of durable goods, anything at all related to weather (or extreme weather).

Check this one out:

We get a little too deep into the Alaskan bush and have to reverse course. Wild blueberries, fishing, and delicious cooking make this Denali Highway adventur...

Engage the viewer a little. I'm not a huge fan of the music in some segments, but the sound of water is great.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
        A friend of my dad's lives somewhere is a remote part of Alaska. All I know is he has to take a boat to get to any kind of store. Never seen a single photo from the guy. I've watched a lot of YT videos, and I kind of prefer the kind that don't have music backgrounds.

As far as content, well, the sky is the limit for you. Walking, driving to town, around town, fishing, hiking, bicycling, and wildlife. Point out areas of interest or highlights in the area. Walk in a store and show us what life is like, prices of durable goods, anything at all related to weather (or extreme weather).

Check this one out:

We get a little too deep into the Alaskan bush and have to reverse course. Wild blueberries, fishing, and delicious cooking make this Denali Highway adventur...

Engage the viewer a little. I'm not a huge fan of the music in some segments, but the sound of water is great.
        Sounds like south East or the Aleutians.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

I’ve also just created one to share my hikes, backpacking trips, Jeep trips, and mountain climbs.

I’ll share anything I learn along the way so you don’t make the same dumb mistakes I do!
          Link please!
          Livin the dream

Comment

YouTube monetizes videos that are over 10 minutes.

Audio formats are heavily preferred so they can be listened to in the background.

Picked those tips up from a pro YouTuber just now.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Here's mine:

Hi, thanks for visiting my channel. If you enjoy climbing, hiking, camping, or Jeeping, I think you'll enjoy my video adventures.

So I literally just started it a few days ago and I have no videos posted yet. I'll probably have time to put up a couple this weekend. Also, I just got a GoPro a few weeks ago, so the first few videos I'll put up are older ones that I shot with my cell phone. I have six to eight 14ers on tap for this summer, and a couple of backpacking trips, so content will come slowly and I'm sure will be shitty at first as I learn what I'm doing.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Neighbors of yours shock ?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  Kind of. They are over the pass. 120 miles as the crow flies, 175 miles/3.25 hours to drive.

Comment

Kind of a funny aside, I live where Alaska Bush People started. They were a few hundred yards off the highway, with a good gravel road right to their doorstep.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                      Kind of a funny aside, I live where Alaska Bush People started. They were a few hundred yards off the highway, with a good gravel road right to their doorstep.
                      Haa. I love how they made it look like they lived literally 100 miles from any roads or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Haa. I love how they made it look like they lived literally 100 miles from any roads or anything.
                        There was an episode where they were “shot at”. It was their neighbor shooting bottle rockets at the helicopter.

Comment

So as someone still stuck in treeless Kansas, what's the motivation on clearing out all the trees?

I long to someday live back in the woods, not in a huge clearing in the woods. YMMV and that's totally cool.

Kinda jealous by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            So as someone still stuck in treeless Kansas, what's the motivation on clearing out all the trees?

I long to someday live back in the woods, not in a huge clearing in the woods. YMMV and that's totally cool.
                            I think he is building a house and thus the need to clear the trees.

Comment

Subscribed! Can you drop pin on a map so we know where you are? You know, in case wstateu and I happen to stop by with a 6 pack. We may bring kung also for tutoring you with content!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                Subscribed! Can you drop pin on a map so we know where you are? You know, in case wstateu and I happen to stop by with a 6 pack. We may bring kung also for tutoring you with content!
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X