So I started a Youtube Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I started a Youtube Channel

I started a YouTube channel because I enjoy creating and sharing my lifestyle. I plan on showing my house build and other aspects of living in rural Alaska. Does anyone have any tips for creating content?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by shock View Post
    I started a YouTube channel because I enjoy creating and sharing my lifestyle. I plan on showing my house build and other aspects of living in rural Alaska. Does anyone have any tips for creating content?
    Congrats! This is something I’ve considered doing, but I have nothing of interest to share in my life and no time to create interesting content not part of my daily routine.

Now, if I had more time and resources at my disposal, I would start a channel called “The gentleman farmer”, and my schtick would be to have “life style” channel where I talk about all the hard work farmers do and extols the virtues of a farmer, but what I would really do is buy cool **** and talk to a character called “hired man” that would do all the work. Also I would hunt (not a Hunter) and talk to locals and ask stupid non-farming questions. When they gave real answers, I would just buy the coolest thing and have hired man do the work and bring it back to cool gear appropriate for the job that I would own.

Not sure what you’re going for exactly, but could be a fun way to show how awesome it is to live in Alaska.

A few things other YouTubers with real knowledge have said: get a decent camera and mics. Put out regular scheduled content. Just get going.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Also, provide a link. You’ve got one subscriber and watcher of your content here.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Vids should be 8 to 10 minutes long with no fluff to make them that long

30-45 second intro

1-2 second bumper
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Vids should be 8 to 10 minutes long with no fluff to make them that long

30-45 second intro

1-2 second bumper
          What's a bumper?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

What's a bumper?

It's a quick way of branding your efforts.

Comment

My channel

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's a quick way of branding your efforts.
                no way i can afford to do something like that. I'll have to figure something out in the future.

Comment

Subscribed!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

no way i can afford to do something like that. I'll have to figure something out in the future.
                    You don't HAVE to have one. It's just a really good idea to have one.

You can have one made for you for $5-30, give or take. Same for a logo.

If you use fiverr, don't be surprised if you need to try two people to get one you really like, so mentally take the price x2 just to be safe.

Comment

What's a bumper?
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I subscribed. If I may be so bold, I have two suggestions:

1. Find a better looking lead, preferably one with a chest line more befitting the wilds of Alaska.

2. Add some cuts and narration as to what you’re doing, why it’s awesome, and why we should join you on your adventure!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          I subscribed. If I may be so bold, I have two suggestions:

1. Find a better looking lead, preferably one with a chest line more befitting the wilds of Alaska.

2. Add some cuts and narration as to what you’re doing, why it’s awesome, and why we should join you on your adventure!
                          I asked a buddy of mine that lives up the hill to bring his drone down and take some footage. He edited it like his videos, and threw the opening in. If you look at his channels, that’s how his are done. I just got done with my EMT class so now I have a little bit of screw off time to make stuff.

Comment

Also- both of the videos on my channel were meant for family members before i decided to make this a thing. I plan on going over the mill and other things as I go.

Comment

I’ve also just created one to share my hikes, backpacking trips, Jeep trips, and mountain climbs.

I’ll share anything I learn along the way so you don’t make the same dumb mistakes I do!
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                              X