Severe Weather 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    SB Shock deal it to me straight. We are never, ever, ever going to get rain ever again, are we?
    It does look like the era of Kansas T-storms are over. Our children will only be able to watch grainy videos of Merril Teller and Mike Smith tell us about what Severe Weather was like.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It does look like the era of Kansas T-storms are over. Our children will only be able to watch grainy videos of Merril Teller and Mike Smith tell us about what Severe Weather was like.
      Let's not forget one of Wichita's greatest.

Comment

I’m not a climate change guy, but something has definitely changed with regards to the jet stream placement and activity in about the last 5-10 years. It’s too small of a sample size to say that’s what is behind it, but it’s pretty unusual to go this long between severe weather outbreaks in this area. The last available comparison would be the mid to late 1980’s. If this stretch continues for another 5 years or so, then we start leaning towards unprecedented territory and then I’ll start to consider it.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          I’m not a climate change guy, but something has definitely changed with regards to the jet stream placement and activity in about the last 5-10 years. It’s too small of a sample size to say that’s what is behind it, but it’s pretty unusual to go this long between severe weather outbreaks in this area. The last available comparison would be the mid to late 1980’s. If this stretch continues for another 5 years or so, then we start leaning towards unprecedented territory and then I’ll start to consider it.
          Tree hugger.

Comment

Climate cycles last hundreds of years. Regional weather patters last decades. One can’t “see” climate change, scientists can’t even agree on how to measure it.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Yoooo maaaaan, I think this is a Wichita gubberment conspiracy to manipulate the weather, dude. Yo, the man is hiking rates and driving up water usage for all of the Greenies sprinkling their lawns with public hook-up. And growing dat sweet weed in their greenhouses, yo. Storm suppressor tech is real, yo, one morning I came home and crashed on my parent's couch in the basement and hadn't quite come down from my high yet, and I vision-quested-remote-sensed the tech in a dream while I was chasin' some hot Russian spy tail. Believe me, it's real.

Down with Sedgwick County yo!! Down ... with ... the ... man!!!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Yoooo maaaaan, I think this is a Wichita gubberment conspiracy to manipulate the weather, dude. Yo, the man is hiking rates and driving up water usage for all of the Greenies sprinkling their lawns with public hook-up. And growing dat sweet weed in their greenhouses, yo. Storm suppressor tech is real, yo, one morning I came home and crashed on my parent's couch in the basement and hadn't quite come down from my high yet, and I vision-quested-remote-sensed the tech in a dream while I was chasin' some hot Russian spy tail. Believe me, it's real.

Down with Sedgwick County yo!! Down ... with ... the ... man!!!
                This is what I meant to say. Apologies I was inarticulate.
                Livin the dream

Comment

I’m not a climate change guy.
                  You and I are in the same boat when it comes to this and I'm not a Scientist. However, I do remember being taught that there were more than one Ice Age in the Earth's existence, and that the Earth warmed each time afterward with rain forests, etc., and that all happened without the Industrial Age. I'm sure that Scientists who think they know everything probably have an answer to that, but I think that they know less than they do.

Not from an anti-Scientist, but a non-Scientist

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You and I are in the same boat when it comes to this and I'm not a Scientist. However, I do remember being taught that there were more than one Ice Age in the Earth's existence, and that the Earth warmed each time afterward with rain forests, etc., and that all happened without the Industrial Age. I'm sure that Scientists who think they know everything probably have an answer to that, but I think that they know less than they do.

Not from an anti-Scientist, but a non-Scientist
                    The actual scientific argument (simplified) is as follows:

man emits greenhouse gasses and does other things that increase temperatures - true

The temperature is being artificially inflated at a rate that is faster than it would be if not for man -true

Known Positive feedback loops will be triggered by this action - some true, some hypothesized

The positive feedback loops will cause climate change and create various population concerns - hypothesized
                    Livin the dream

Comment

So I remember in like the 80's hearing that severe weather moves around in a 7 year cycle. I think I found the paper, it was written by Ted Fujita in 1975. There looks to be a embedded 25 year and 45 year oscillation in east/west and north/south movement of basically the center of mass of "tornado alley".

I need to digest it some and make sure I'm reading it correct and want to see if I project it out to know it explains what we are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Let's not forget one of Wichita's greatest.

20 seconds They absolutely do not make bumper music like that anymore. Shame.

Comment

Saturday is the next day to be paying attention to. Looks like this might be the most significant severe weather in SC Kansas within the last 2 years.

d2.JPG

Comment

It’s been nasty here. 60 degrees and sunny. Sometimes I have to put on a jacket.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              Saturday is the next day to be paying attention to. Looks like this might be the most significant severe weather in SC Kansas within the last 2 years.

d2.JPG
                              It'll be a turd don't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

It'll be a turd don't worry.
                                The lack of moisture will limit this from being a widespread extreme event. Probably one super cell laying down some hail and possible tornado.

Will be interesting to see what Mike Smith says during the day.

The Leading Blog About Weather, Climate and Business. We are passionate about liberty, free enterprise, and traditional American values.
                                Last edited by SB Shock; May 7, 2021, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X