Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing. Those are amazing.

Comment

Wow!!! Stunning!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Absolutely stunning! A bucket list of mine. We need to gather at your house for a Shocker watch party, shock!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Absolutely stunning! A bucket list of mine. We need to gather at your house for a Shocker watch party, shock!
          My door is always open! I left my position at the health clinic last week and took a general manager position at a Grocery/feed/hardware/O’reilly auto parts store on the edge of the Wrangell/St.Elias Nat’l Park. I’m clearing land and starting a house build. We got a sawmill because 2x4x8s are $8. Everyone is welcome to come help with that too.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

My door is always open! I left my position at the health clinic last week and took a general manager position at a Grocery/feed/hardware/O’reilly auto parts store on the edge of the Wrangell/St.Elias Nat’l Park. I’m clearing land and starting a house build. We got a sawmill because 2x4x8s are $8. Everyone is welcome to come help with that too.
            Sorry, I’ll just be there for the beer.

Seriously, what a thoughtful invitation... you probably wouldn’t want this old geezer to spoil your party.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Space hurricanes, like other space weather events, are caused by streams of plasma unleashed from the sun in what's known as the solar wind. As these clouds of charged particles hurl through space, they can fuel magnetic storms and trigger stunning displays of the northern or southern lights.
              'Space hurricane' that rained electrons observed for the first time (nbcnews.com)

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Seriously, what a thoughtful invitation... you probably wouldn’t want this old geezer to spoil your party.
                As long as you bring cold coors, you can sit in a rocking chair and armchair quarterback.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Come on, WstateU. Let's head up there. All we need is long underdrawers, a plane ticket and then a:

4X4
                  Snow Machine
                  Dog sled and team
                  Snowshoes

That should get us to Shocks front door. We just can't forget the beverages. Would be a hellofa trip to the beer store!

Piece of cake.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Come on, WstateU. Let's head up there. All we need is long underdrawers, a plane ticket and then a:

4X4
                    Snow Machine
                    Dog sled and team
                    Snowshoes

That should get us to Shocks front door. We just can't forget the beverages. Would be a hellofa trip to the beer store!

Piece of cake.
                    Beer store is just 45 miles north.
                    I have 8 sleds.
                    I have several pairs of snow shoes. Never used them, but only needed them once.
                    Nobody likes a dog musher.

Comment

The reason nobody likes a musher is he has a crappy view on life because all he sees is buttholes.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the fantastic photos shock. While not near the natural phenomena, nor really all that uncommon, and of very short duration we do get occasional glimpses of nature's grandeur in Wichta. Here are a few fairly recent photos from my deck on the back of my house.

Dec 21, 2020.jpgJan 16, 2021.jpgUnknown Date.jpg

Comment

That’s one thing we don’t have. We get the occasional sun rise but that’s about it. 94988BB0-3A81-451C-85DE-9752BE583CD2.jpeg

Comment

Wow! That is beautiful. We occasionally have nice sunrises but not sure anything that can compare to that plus we don't have the mountains. I used to have a nice sunrise photo from my last residence but not sure I can find that but it doesn't compare to this. I'm not typically a early riser. What time of the morning and what time of the year was this?

Red sky in the morning sailors take warning. Red sky at night sailors delight. Of course, we don't have very many sailors in Wichita except for the retired ones.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Wow! That is beautiful. We occasionally have nice sunrises but not sure anything that can compare to that plus we don't have the mountains. I used to have a nice sunrise photo from my last residence but not sure I can find that but it doesn't compare to this. I'm not typically a early riser. What time of the morning and what time of the year was this?

Red sky in the morning sailors take warning. Red sky at night sailors delight. Of course, we don't have very many sailors in Wichita except for the retired ones.
                              We get one like this about once a year. This years February sunrise was about 1/2 as vibrant. This was 8am Feb 20, 2019.

Comment

Man the moon tonight is gorgeous!
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X