Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC View Post
    Valpo is going to discontinue "Crusaders" -

Just my opinion, I think Redskins is different than Chiefs, Braves, or the names of specific tribes, or Vikings, Packers, Fighting Irish, Celtics, Jayhawks, Cowboys, Cornhuskers, Fighting Swedes, Quakers, Aggies, Red Raiders, Rebels, Sooners, Volunteers, Hoosiers, Cavaliers, Golden Knights, Purple Aces, Knicks, Yankees, Dutchmen, Cajuns, Gaels, Highlanders, Plainsmen, Trojans, Vandals, Spartans, Titans, Blue Aces, Saints, Rail Roaders, Teutons, Mule Skinners etc.

I am probably missing a few.
    Wheatshockers.

We are more then people who shock wheat.

It’s 2021, for damn sake. It’s time for change.
    The Assman

Comment

Let's just change all of the City League mascots. They are all offensive.

Blue Aces-A cog in America's barbaric war machine
      Pioneers-A subtle reference to those Anglo-Saxon settlers who stole and pillaged Native American land.
      Eagles-A pompous display of American nationalism
      Crusaders-No explanation needed
      Falcons-A predatory bird which Allied Forces used to attack helpless pigeons in WWII
      Buffaloes-An animal whose naming rights belong to Native Americans due to their close hunter-prey relationship
      Titans-A mythical figure associated with bullying and movies starring Caucasians
      Grizzlies-A ferocious animal known for its attacks on human, one that can micro trigger violent aggression amongst followers.
      Last edited by shoxlax; February 12, 2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Aren’t Celtics offended? Or Irish? Or Vikings?

How come they aren’t getting washed out?
        Lol, see my list!

Comment

Valparaiso is changing their nickname from the Crusaders, in case there was ever a question if this was about actual racism or just about control.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Dude, Root you are one angry person. Might be time to take a deep breath and relax a bit. Get some fresh air. As far as I can tell, nobody on here is bullying you. You are getting personal with name calling and such though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              Valparaiso is changing their nickname from the Crusaders, in case there was ever a question if this was about actual racism or just about control.
              Lol!! Cancel culture at its worst. So dumb. Maybe they should do away with mascots and names and just let people identify however they want. Let everyone explore their lovey dovey feelings. Or they could just call themselves the mascot neutral university.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
                  https://www.kansas.com/news/local/ed...249109840.html.

I'm a 1981 North High grad. The mascot name has been a constant embarrassment. About damned time.
                  Do you speak for all North High alumni? Because the alums I’ve know don’t feel like the name was an embarrassment. Most Natives don’t really care, but a few outspoken malcontents who have a poor self image took it on themselves to make “Redskins” an issue and then people jump in to make themselves feel better.

There are probably few, if any who put this mascot at the top of their list of worries. However, during this time of politically correct Warriors and Cancel Culture, I doubt that anyone is shocked that time was wasted to cancel this mascot.

As for Barry Sanders, I have never heard a bad word about him, and I’m sure his sister Nancy, is a fine person too. As a North High Alum, you have a lot to be proud of, and the beautiful Native American culture/architecture/sculpture handiwork that surrounds the campus, the Arkansas River Bridge at 13th Street, and Minisa Park are all of the valuable history that IS North High. I’ve driven by there often during my lifetime, and it’s a great testament to the local history.

Maybe, some would advocate that Minisa Park have a name change too. The long history of that area, including the Keeper of the Plains, and the Indian Center is a big deal to west siders.
                  Last edited by Shockm; February 12, 2021, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Wheatshockers.

Comment

Do we really need to change or explain anything, to anybody?

If asked, explain the original meaning of Wheat Shockers, and add that most fans today prefer to use the more modern designation of simply, Wichita State Shockers.

And if pressed by some moron opponent fan, grin and comment that the real meaning is, We are Going to simply Shock the Hell out of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Wheatshockers.

Modernizing sucks. Genetically Modified Wheatshockers has zero flair.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          I saw people yesterday insulted as racist and told they were “outing themselves” for defending Crusaders as a team name. We’re at a point where people are afraid to even say something normal like “I think Crusaders is a cool name” because they’re painted as some evil person.

Comment

All white people are racist remember?

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                              All white people are racist remember?
                              Black conservatives too!
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Wichita High School North Should tap into the Etzanoa (Etzanoans?). The Wichita Indian village that once had 20,000 inhabitants. The school has an amazing Indian facade. Build on the growing familiarity of Etzanoa, and educate on the proud Etzs

Comment

Working...
                                X