NFL Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Should Mathieu have gotten lit up for a 15 yard penalty for that?

dummy.jpg

Mathieu deserved every penalty he cost his team. Brady straightened it out. I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 8, 2021, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Kevin Harlan with the call...

Harlan is the greatest
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

dummy.jpg

Mathieu deserved every penalty he cost his team. Brady straightened it out. I'll leave it at that.
        No he didn't.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Brady has earned a spot on Mt. Rushmore, between the Babe & Ali, indisputably.

Greater the Jordan?

Comment

Greater the Jordan?
            And this guy has to be in the conversation ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Shorts a little low.
              Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; February 9, 2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Greater the Jordan?
                I don't know anything about football, but a legend leaving his career team and taking a dumpster fire straight to the league championship while at the same time watching his prior team go in the exact opposite direction... I don't know if there's ever been an MVP of that level before in major professional sports - and proven it. That's why I asked.

Jordan, I know a lot about, and was arguably the greatest athlete of all time. But I don't think he was this important. I don't see the Bulls crashing after he left while he took somebody like the Pacers to the cup. And Brady is doing this at an advanced age!!!

Maybe you can't compare a basketball player to a quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  I don't follow football at all, but when I learned that Tom Brady left the dynasty he created to play for a crap team w/ zero prior prospects of reaching the Super Bowl and then winning it (while his prior team went directly into the toilet)... I was astounded. Would that make him the greatest professional athlete in the history of sports? If not, name those who are better and why.
                  If Jamis Winston wasn’t QB for Tampa last season, they would likely have been a playoff team. They have 2 (should be) All-Pros at LB, 3 great DL players, 1 Pro Bowl WR and another who isn’t far off.

TB12 landed in the perfect spot. When he got Gronk to join him and they got to add Fornette and AB for close to zero, it made their roster insane. It says a lot that Tampa has the better top-to-bottom roster, but most people were still picking KC, because that’s how good PM15 is.

You take each teams roster from the SB and switch the QBs, and the beat down is even worse. In terms of pure talent, TB12 comes nowhere near PM15. TB12 will likely end up with more titles, but don’t confuse that with the other.
                  The Assman

Comment

Add this guy also...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I don't know anything about football, but a legend leaving his career team and taking a dumpster fire straight to the league championship while at the same time watching his prior team go in the exact opposite direction... I don't know if there's ever been an MVP of that level before in major professional sports - and proven it. That's why I asked.

Jordan, I know a lot about, and was arguably the greatest athlete of all time. But I don't think he was this important. I don't see the Bulls crashing after he left while he took somebody like the Pacers to the cup. And Brady is doing this at an advanced age!!!

Maybe you can't compare a basketball player to a quarterback.
                      Spot on. Montana and Staubach were loooong gone by 43. Kareem was retired by then. The Babe retired at 40. Yaz never even won a World Series.

Jordan's first year whiffin' on the diamond (he ain't no Babe) the Bulls were going toe-to-toe with the Knicks for 7 games in the Eastern finals, led by Scottie; Julian Edleman is a good, tough, receiver, but I sure didn't see him or anybody else on the Pats roster getting them to AFC Championship game without Brady.

He's got more Championship trophies than the Steelers, Cowboys, or Pats.

My opinion is unbiased because I've never been much of a fan of Brady after watching him routinely whip my favorite team's a** for YEARS.
                      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 9, 2021, 10:26 PM.

Comment

dummy.jpg

F Brady!
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

I certainly did not think Tampa would be able to win 3 road games to get to the SuperBowl. Nor did I think they could beat the Chiefs when they got there. But I guess that's part of what makes sports so much fun. Brady played very well in the 1st half then just kind of managed the game in the second half but the Tampa Bay defense carried Tampa Bay to this SuperBowl win. Not just in this game but also against the Saints and their HOF to be QB and the Packers and their HOF to be QB. No doubt Patrick Mahomes is on his way to the HOF as well. Ironically, Washington's unknown Taylor Heinecke maybe had the best game as a QB in the playoffs against Tampa Bay's defense.

I don't know how much longer Brady will play but it is pretty amazing to seem him play at this level at this age. However, Father Time does eventually get us all and while Brady has defied Father Time longer than most the old boy will get him sooner or later. Can Brady get back to an 11th SuperBowl.. Possible but he can't have all that much left in the tank.

I don't put much of the blame for this loss on Mahomes. He was under duress the entire game. He played better than pretty much any other QB could have under that kind of pressure. Who knows how many rings Mahomes will end up with but it would not surprise me if he eventually will be in the GOAT conversation. He is really good and you know he is going to be even more motivated after this year's SuperBowl loss.

Interestingly, both Brady and Mahomes were both also drafted by Major League Baseball teams. I think they both made good decisions to go the football route.

Comment

Working...
                          X