No announcement yet.

Cutting The Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just looked at Fubo TV on the internet. Looks cheaper that what we have.

A couple of questions for those that have it.
    1) How is the interface? How hard is it to navigate from one channel to another, like wat hing two games back and forth? I really like the way Comcast has a panel on the right-side of the screen with all the major sports scheduled for the next week.
    2) How many TVs can be watched simultaneously?

Comment

• I just discovered that if you like On Patrol: Live (formerly LivePD) and have trouble finding Reelz, it's now part of Peacock+ for 4.99 a month.

Comment

• Looks like Amazon threw Diamond Sports a lifeline yesterday and is investing $100 million in them. Diamond Sports is in bankruptcy right now and the court has to approve the investment, but Diamond Sports has the streaming rights to 5 MLB teams, including the KC Royals, and the games for those teams may be streamed on Amazon Prime. Since the bankruptcy court has to approve it first, Diamond Sports and Amazon are holding off making any announcements regarding pricing and whether the games will be included in the current Amazon Prime package or available as a stand-alone purchase. Here's one of the articles on the investment and what it could mean for the Royals - https://fox4kc.com/sports/royals/roy...iamond-sports/
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• ESPN, Fox, and Warner Brothers Discovery are teaming up for a streaming service this fall. Pricing hasn't been announced but the press release is at https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/esp...ports-service/ and mentions:

The offering, scheduled to launch in the fall of 2024, would be made available directly to consumers via a new app. Subscribers would also have the ability to bundle the product, including with Disney+, Hulu and/or Max.

The platform would aggregate content to offer fans an extensive, dynamic lineup of sports content, aiming to provide a new and differentiated experience to serve sports fans, particularly those outside of the traditional pay TV bundle.

By subscribing to this focused, all-in-one premier sports service, fans would have access to the linear sports networks including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SECN, ACCN, ESPNEWS, ABC, FOX, FS1, FS2, BTN, TNT, TBS, truTV, as well as ESPN+.
          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Great to hear it as subscribing separately was a major pain.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Is anyone familiar with the internet provider ideatek?

I know they focus on smaller communities and seem to claim pretty good download/upload speeds at a cheaper price than what I'm paying right now. They've been going around town again lately trying to promote what they do and I'm considering it.

I currently have ATT Internet 12 I think they call it, which is supposed to be up to 12Mbps. I don't have a problem streaming or generally playing with/against friends online on the XBOX. But I have noticed that anytime I download a new game it takes for bloody ever. I remember downloading the last Madden game and while I started well before my brother did, he was finished and playing well before me. I ended up having to leave the console on when I went to bed so it would finish downloading while I slept.

I don't remember it taking this long to download most games in the past, but I could be mistaken. I don't buy a ton of new games, but it is ridiculous and I wonder if a better internet might help in other areas that I'm not really noticing now anyway.

The ideatek offer for 100Mbps is priced $10-$15 dollars cheaper per month than my current plan. Now, I've heard companies make claims about speeds in the past (COX) only to be severely disappointed in what I actually received. I've not had any issues with ATT really, outside of the download speed on games, which may also impact loading times a bit, but not significantly. Just wondering if anyone out there maybe uses or has used them and has any first hand experience.

The good news I guess is they don't require any contracts so I guess if it sucks I could ditch it and go back to ATT should I do it. But I'm just wondering if it's worth the hassle of going through the process.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Is anyone familiar with the internet provider ideatek?

I know they focus on smaller communities and seem to claim pretty good download/upload speeds at a cheaper price than what I'm paying right now. They've been going around town again lately trying to promote what they do and I'm considering it.

I currently have ATT Internet 12 I think they call it, which is supposed to be up to 12Mbps. I don't have a problem streaming or generally playing with/against friends online on the XBOX. But I have noticed that anytime I download a new game it takes for bloody ever. I remember downloading the last Madden game and while I started well before my brother did, he was finished and playing well before me. I ended up having to leave the console on when I went to bed so it would finish downloading while I slept.

I don't remember it taking this long to download most games in the past, but I could be mistaken. I don't buy a ton of new games, but it is ridiculous and I wonder if a better internet might help in other areas that I'm not really noticing now anyway.

The ideatek offer for 100Mbps is priced $10-$15 dollars cheaper per month than my current plan. Now, I've heard companies make claims about speeds in the past (COX) only to be severely disappointed in what I actually received. I've not had any issues with ATT really, outside of the download speed on games, which may also impact loading times a bit, but not significantly. Just wondering if anyone out there maybe uses or has used them and has any first hand experience.

The good news I guess is they don't require any contracts so I guess if it sucks I could ditch it and go back to ATT should I do it. But I'm just wondering if it's worth the hassle of going through the process.
                Ideatek is a MASSIVE upgrade over what you have. I have it. It is an auto-buy if its in your area.

It is stable as heck, fast as hell, fiber to your desktop, and very well priced. You truly get the full 1Gbps both down _and up_ ... which is incredible. (If you get 1gbps)

There is nothing to consider compared with all other vendors in Sedgwick County or Butler. If you can get it, do.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ideatek is a MASSIVE upgrade over what you have. I have it. It is an auto-buy if its in your area.

It is stable as heck, fast as hell, fiber to your desktop, and very well priced. You truly get the full 1Gbps both down _and up_ ... which is incredible. (If you get 1gbps)

There is nothing to consider compared with all other vendors in Sedgwick County or Butler. If you can get it, do.
                  They'll be out on Saturday
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

They'll be out on Saturday
                    You'll love it!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                    X