What's it like to live in Kansas City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Also, if you can't identify the d-bags in the group, you're the d-bag.
    I came to realize one or two Christmas’s ago that I am, in fact, drunk uncle...at least on my side of the family. Mrs. Fan’s family could be on hillbilliology.

Uncle “Cardinal” Karl

Attached Files
    Last edited by wufan; January 5, 2021, 05:58 PM.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Comment

Volker and Waldo, Mo. Any opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          Also, if you can't identify the d-bags in the group, you're the d-bag.
          Ahhhhhhh....

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Not too far from the River Market area there are industrial zones marked on the map. Do these cause annoying smells/pollution when the wind is just right (think north of downtown Wichita refining smells).
            I haven't noticed any, but I don't live in that area. Most of the industrial area is across the river in North Kansas City. I worked in that area for a short time and never noticed anything. The stockyards are long gone, so you should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              Volker and Waldo, Mo. Any opinions?
              The Volker or Waldo areas, neither one in my opinion rate up there with the other areas we have talked about. Waldo has some nice restaurants and bars, but is a pretty small entertainment district. Your mostly going to find smaller homes in Waldo, think of older Park City neighborhoods for comparison. If you drive just north of there on Wornall , the next neighborhood is Brookside. Think College Hill in Wichita and that would probably be your closest comparison. A lot of nice old homes, a small but robust entertainment, shopping district. I actually like Brookside a lot but I like laid-back places, so might not be your cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post

The Volker or Waldo areas, neither one in my opinion rate up there with the other areas we have talked about. Waldo has some nice restaurants and bars, but is a pretty small entertainment district. Your mostly going to find smaller homes in Waldo, think of older Park City neighborhoods for comparison. If you drive just north of there on Wornall , the next neighborhood is Brookside. Think College Hill in Wichita and that would probably be your closest comparison. A lot of nice old homes, a small but robust entertainment, shopping district. I actually like Brookside a lot but I like laid-back places, so might not be your cup of tea.
                So helpful! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X