Best Female singer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I love getting blasted for my taste in music (admittedly I have none). Does that make me a sadist or a masochist? Like port and starboard, I can never get it right.

Leann Rimes, Martina McBride and Amy Grant (early years before she went pop). And I will always think Karen Carpenter had the most perfect voice I've ever heard.
    Here is the drill on Port and Starboard, since I was a jarhead and had to spend time onboard naval vessels it was important to not seem ignorant to the swabbies.....Port is left. Four letters in both words. So starboard has to be right. An interesting by the way was a fellow officer of mine who was a Naval Academy graduate told me he had written a couple of letters to Karen Carpenter inviting her to a big dance at the Academy when they were suppossed to receive their rings and become upper class men. Unfortunately for him she declined the invitation due to conflicting tour dates. We used to kid him and say it was really because he was going to a small all boys school in the east and wasn't up to her standards.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      That's the nice thing about this kind of topic though. There are no wrong answers at the individual level. It's all a matter of personal preference and taste.
      Well, to be fair, someone did mention Celine Dion.

Sweet Mother Mary and Joseph, it is good to have at least some standards.

Good Lord, she's Canadian.

USA #1
      I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

I have to also say despite the fact that I despised them in my teenage years, Fleetwood Mac, featuring Nicks.

Comment

I will have to go with Annie Lennox, Etta James, Adele, Stevie Nicks

Comment

Add two more...Carol King and Edie Brickell.

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
              Mike Finnigan takes the backseat to no one, he is the greatest of all time.
              Yep! Captain Bobby Stout done found me out and I owe the man another year!
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I love this womans music!

Dont forget Whitney Houston , Natalie Cole, Sarah Vaughan, Ella fitzgerald, Billie Holliday,Pearl Bailey, Peggy Lee

and my new addition.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Lacey Mosley of Flyleaf.

I'm kinda, sorta serious.

Comment

Forgot Patsy Cline. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                      I love this womans music!

Dont forget Whitney Houston , Natalie Cole, Sarah Vaughan, Ella fitzgerald, Billie Holliday,Pearl Bailey, Peggy Lee

and my new addition.

It's good

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        Yep! Captain Bobby Stout done found me out and I owe the man another year!
                        Those were wild and crazy days my friend.
                        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Haley Reinhart Youtube
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                            Those were wild and crazy days my friend.
                            Thats true used to go see the Jerry Wood group every Sunday night at Whiskey River, (RIP Jerry)

Comment

Was'nt it Jerry Hahn?

Comment

Good suggestions - and I listened to each one, save Adele's, but no one beats Merchant’s voice in my eyes, she could grab a daily rag, start reading and singing, an I would stop.

By the way what song or songs should I listen to by Adele?

Comment

Working...
                                X