Strange Kansas Unemployment Claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Kansas Unemployment Claims

Today when I checked the mail, I received official notices of unemployment claims from two employees of my company. Oddly enough, I was one of them. One of the other business owners was another one. Obviously we didn't file the unemployment claims.

This is either a strange computer glitch by the State of Kansas, or some weird fraud going on.

Has this happened to any of you business owners out there?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

I am one on the many who has lost his job due to this damn virus. I spoke with the folks in the unemployment office last week and the lady told me that she receives at least 1 call per day whos identity has been stolen and false claims have been made to the state. She said it was a huge issue!! Call them ASAP!

(Pro tip.... set aside up to 3 days to do nothing but sit and push the redial button over and over and over.... only way to get through. Yep, it sucks.)

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      I am one on the many who has lost his job due to this damn virus.
      Ooof! I hope our leaders come to their senses soon and get the economy cranking for ya!

I spoke with the folks in the unemployment office last week and the lady told me that she receives at least 1 call per day whos identity has been stolen and false claims have been made to the state.
      Double oooff! We have already filed a fraud report, and I will be checking my credit reports.

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ooof! I hope our leaders come to their senses soon and get the economy cranking for ya!

Double oooff! We have already filed a fraud report, and I will be checking my credit reports.

Thanks for the feedback!
        Its all good. REALY enjoying the time with the family!! But, if you run across someone in need of a good pilot......... I'm very available!!

Comment

I am one on the many who has lost his job due to this damn virus. I spoke with the folks in the unemployment office last week and the lady told me that she receives at least 1 call per day whos identity has been stolen and false claims have been made to the state. She said it was a huge issue!! Call them ASAP!

(Pro tip.... set aside up to 3 days to do nothing but sit and push the redial button over and over and over.... only way to get through. Yep, it sucks.)
          Sorry, get yourself a "Trunk Monkey" to push the "redial button" for you...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Sorry, get yourself a "Trunk Monkey" to push the "redial button" for you...

Hold the phone, the "Trunk Monkey" has been recalled...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wasn't this the department that clawed back erred payments causing overdrafts forcing the secretary's resignation?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                Wasn't this the department that clawed back erred payments causing overdrafts forcing the secretary's resignation?
                Uuugh, yes.

Comment

My HR dept called me Friday and asked if I filed an UE claim. I did not but someone used my SSN and tried. We caught it and HR said its happening a lot in our area. My credit report was fine, now locked up right. Protect your identities folks!

Comment

I still don't understand how someone could benefit from filing someone else's unemployment. It's not like the check would be sent to them. I think its more likely that the state of Kansas has a nasty database problem. I have seen databases with corrupt indexes do some nasty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      I still don't understand how someone could benefit from filing someone else's unemployment. It's not like the check would be sent to them. I think its more likely that the state of Kansas has a nasty database problem. I have seen databases with corrupt indexes do some nasty things.
                      I can’t believe Gov. Brownback won’t get this department fixed. Wichita Star needs to get a hit piece series going on this cronyism taxpayer scam.

Comment

Do they still send checks? I assumed it would be ACH'd into the fraudster's account if it were approved.

Comment

It is either Direct deposit or some are issued a debit card and funds are transferred to the card

Comment

The mailing address on our incidents weren't modified. None of the information was manipulated. Maybe I am overlooking something?

Comment

This morning one of my employee's husband got one where he works. So frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X