Oct. 2nd 50th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct. 2nd 50th Anniversary

Anyone know if the university is organizing any events? Living in Colorado I am planning to return to the site and wondering if there's any planned events.

I'm also planning to visit the site that day, but I haven't heard of any former events there.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

50 years seems impossible, wish I would be able to attend. Safe trip to all attending.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Great tribute video.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Great tribute video.
            I hope everyone takes time out of their day to watch this excellent video...
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I can't get through it.....I just can't.

Comment

I went to high school with Carl Krueger (St. Laurence in suburban Chicago).
                He was a nice guy, smart and funny. What I remember most about him is that his best buddy was a scrawny little guy named Bruce Krohl who was clearly the Alpha of the duo. The two would hang out together and little Bruce would be issuing orders and directives and big Carl would good-naturedly comply.

It reminded me of the movie Of Mice and Men.

Can't believe it was 50 years ago. Still remember where I was when I heard the news.
                Last edited by swellafelon; September 9, 2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Comment

This year's ceremony will be livestreamed, FYI. There are two new installations at the Memorial '70 site, including a new plaque listing the survivors
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Always loved the WuShock decanters and what they mean to many of us who were alive and remember October 2, 1970. Every Shocker fan should have one of them on a shelf at home or in their mancave.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Always loved the WuShock decanters and what they mean to many of us who were alive and remember October 2, 1970. Every Shocker fan should have one of them on a shelf at home or in their mancave.
                        It's on my fireplace mantel. My dad's most treasured Shocker memorabilia from the 70's. Of course it is empty!!!

Comment

youtube.com/watch?v=6f9zfzROMBo

50:40 Bring it back Eddie, bring it back.

Comment

Video and story from ESPN on the 50th anniversary.

On Oct. 2, 1970, Wichita State lineman Mal Kimmel boarded a plane with his teammates for their game against Utah State. They never arrived. This is the story of the crash, and what happened after.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Video and story from ESPN on the 50th anniversary.

On Oct. 2, 1970, Wichita State lineman Mal Kimmel boarded a plane with his teammates for their game against Utah State. They never arrived. This is the story of the crash, and what happened after.
                              Wow, I barely made it through the video. Took a five minute break and then read the story... it really got to me, but worth every minute of my time. Excellent job by Chris Connelly and ESPN.

Comment

Working...
                              X