X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Video and story from ESPN on the 50th anniversary.

On Oct. 2, 1970, Wichita State lineman Mal Kimmel boarded a plane with his teammates for their game against Utah State. They never arrived. This is the story of the crash, and what happened after.
      Bump! Wanted to keep this towards the top. I encourage everyone (Shockers fans and lurkers) to watch the video and read the ESPN story... it’s excellent.

Comment

Wish ESPN would air that video on Saturday Gameday show.

Comment

Live coverage of today’s ceremony...

Comment

Excellent also...

http://kmuw.net/feature/the-pieces-t...ain/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Video and story from ESPN on the 50th anniversary.

On Oct. 2, 1970, Wichita State lineman Mal Kimmel boarded a plane with his teammates for their game against Utah State. They never arrived. This is the story of the crash, and what happened after.
              To The Top (TTT)...

Comment

It was a nice ceremony this morning. Weather was perfect and it was well attended. The additions to the memorial add to it being a special place where ALL the members of the team are once again all together once again.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  It was a nice ceremony this morning. Weather was perfect and it was well attended. The additions to the memorial add to it being a special place where ALL the members of the team are once again all together once again.
                  I watched online and thought it was a nice memorial. There were times in the past when I felt the memorial service didn't get the attention it deserved. I'm happy they stepped up for the 50th honoring past and present.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks WstateU for providing all of the links. It's tough to take in but definitely worth the time to go through each.
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

I played hooky from the office today and went up to the crash site. A good size group of alums and others associated with WSU were there and held an informal ceremony honoring the victims. Family of several survivors and victims were present.

I’ll post pictures later when I have a chance.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                          X