The war on drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post

The rate of overdose deaths in West Virginia is three times as high.
    Hmm. Oregon is 49th?

Biden-Our economy (inflation rate) is best in the world, except .........., and ..............., and ...........,etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Hmm. Oregon is 49th?

Biden-Our economy (inflation rate) is best in the world, except .........., and ..............., and ...........,etc. etc. etc.
      I was pointing out that the problem is not legalization. The way I was doing that was by pointing out that West Virginia has laws against this and is in a significantly worse position.
      Livin the dream

Comment

KSN - Wichita City Council to look at marijuana penalties Tuesday

“We are seriously asking should we be spending a lot of resources prosecuting adults over the age of 21 for personally utilizing a THC substance,” said Whipple. “If grandma is utilizing a THC product that she picked up from, literally, any state that surrounds Kansas, do we really want our officers going over there, charging her and giving her a ticket and taking her to court? And then having that plea-bargained down to like ten bucks which in many cases it does.”

Whipple also points out that while the city council will look at marijuana’s small use penalty on Tuesday, several questions still remain.

The council put marijuana decriminalization up for public ballot a few years ago, but the Kansas Attorney General’s Office rang in saying that Wichita, as a municipality, does not have the authority to decriminalize.
        They're basically looking at how to decriminalize it without officially decriminalizing it by telling the WPD to spend their time and resources on things that actually matter, and generating traffic revenue. This is a good step towards ending the excessive waste of resources on something trivial that is legal everywhere around us.

I'm no fan of Whipple, but I think he's on the right track with this one.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
        X