The war on drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    hey, I did a little more research and found that Netherlands has 19% more crime victims per capita than the U.S.
    But are we talking about murder, rape, etc, or are we talkin' about fashion crime like @_kai_: posted in another thread? Each country gets to define what is criminal and it often skews those results pretty badly. Shoot a link.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      But are we talking about murder, rape, etc, or are we talkin' about fashion crime like @_kai_ posted in another thread? Each country gets to define what is criminal and it often skews those results pretty badly. Shoot a link.
      www.google.com

put in netherland crime rate

Comment

Netherlands murder 8.7 per 1 mil pop
        Total pop 16.8 mil
        134 total in 2006

Total pop 1.7 mil in KC metro
        In KCMO 112 in 2006 (this is only KCMO proper, doesnt include KCK, Johnson cty, Platte county, Clay county etc)
        other crimes will show similar results.

Its almost safer to be in the Netherlands than KCMO and a whole lot cleaner!

I know Ive been there many times
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
          Netherlands murder 8.7 per 1 mil pop
          Total pop 16.8 mil
          134 total in 2006

Total pop 1.7 mil in KC metro
          In KCMO 112 in 2006 (this is only KCMO proper, doesnt include KCK, Johnson cty, Platte county, Clay county etc)
          other crimes will show similar results.

Its almost safer to be in the Netherlands than KCMO and a whole lot cleaner!

I know Ive been there many times
          Especially on the Missouri side...

What is STL in comparison?

Comment

Worse much worse Its like top 5 murder cap of US
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
              Worse much worse Its like top 5 murder cap of US
              Maybe the MVC should move the b-ball tournament to Amsterdam?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                Maybe the MVC should move the b-ball tournament to Amsterdam?
                Now thats the spirit!

Comment

These unintended consequences weren't the forecasted outcomes when drugs were decriminalized in Oregon approximately 2 years ago.

Oregon overdoses reach record highs after decriminalization of hard drugs

https://www.allsides.com/news/2022-0...ion-hard-drugs

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    These unintended consequences weren't the forecasted outcomes when drugs were decriminalized in Oregon approximately 2 years ago.

Who would've thought? Never would've guessed.

FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I used to parrot that the war on drugs was a failure, because that's what everyone said and I just sorta believed it. I never really considered the counter arguments. But if what we had prior to decriminalization is what it takes to keep the Mexican cartels from establishing strongholds in America, I'm not so sure the war on drugs was the failure most thought it was.

Having the cartels operate in the US on a large scale is super nasty, as they will eventually buy off key politicians and corrupt law enforcement agencies beyond repair. At that point we are a 2nd world country with the outside appearance of being 1st world.

People sitting in jail for "small" drug offenses sucks, sure. That's fixable without legalizing or decriminalizing though. That downside is far, far less concerning than Mexican cartels operating with impunity in the US and their claws dug deeply into our legal system.

If I was a Mexican cartel warlord, I would pour money into US supporting politicians that are for:

Open borders
                      Decriminalization of marijuana
                      Gun bans
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I used to parrot that the war on drugs was a failure, because that's what everyone said and I just sorta believed it. I never really considered the counter arguments. But if what we had prior to decriminalization is what it takes to keep the Mexican cartels from establishing strongholds in America, I'm not so sure the war on drugs was the failure most thought it was.

Having the cartels operate in the US on a large scale is super nasty, as they will eventually buy off key politicians and corrupt law enforcement agencies beyond repair. At that point we are a 2nd world country with the outside appearance of being 1st world.

People sitting in jail for "small" drug offenses sucks, sure. That's fixable without legalizing or decriminalizing though. That downside is far, far less concerning than Mexican cartels operating with impunity in the US and their claws dug deeply into our legal system.

If I was a Mexican cartel warlord, I would pour money into US supporting politicians that are for:

Open borders
                        Gun bans
                        That is more than an uncomfortable thought.

Comment

Legalization along with reasonable checks and balances for quality control takes power away from the cartels. The war on drugs only gives them more money and power as they're the only supplier for certain things and in certain areas. Taking that power away from them makes people safer, because the products will be safer and you don't have to worry about tainted/laced product when it's actually going through quality control checks and not just coming from random people and places with no accountability.

Also, the war on drugs has ruined many a family and lives in general because many people who have never harmed a soul end up with records and/or in prison because gov't says it's bad. Some families are separated because of that. Kids grow up without parents. Or, they have parents who have a hard time getting jobs because they have a weak ass felony on their record and many employers treat that as an automatic no. Government didn't care when they enacted these unjust laws because it mostly effected black people and that's why these drugs were made illegal to begin with. It had nothing to do with any real safety measures, it was all about the made up lies that it made black people crazy and they were going to rape and terrorize white women and such.

As it is, taxpayers are on the hook for millions upon millions to keep losing the war on drugs, as they're just as easy to get now than before the "war"; then we waste millions upon millions more to incarcerate, harass, and otherwise punish people who are harming nobody and interfering with the rights of nobody. Those should probably read billions, but I don't want to look up the numbers right now.

If you're truly concerned about the welfare of those that use, stop making them hide in the shadows. Stop making them buy from un-trusted sources. Make it easier for them to get help without being punished. Legalize it, then use those taxes to educate and rehabilitate instead of continuing to worsen society by making their lives even worse off because gov't says so.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Open borders
                            Gun bans
                            Hunter Biden is probably already organizing this.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Legalization along with reasonable checks and balances for quality control takes power away from the cartels. The war on drugs only gives them more money and power as they're the only supplier for certain things and in certain areas. Taking that power away from them makes people safer, because the products will be safer and you don't have to worry about tainted/laced product when it's actually going through quality control checks and not just coming from random people and places with no accountability.

Also, the war on drugs has ruined many a family and lives in general because many people who have never harmed a soul end up with records and/or in prison because gov't says it's bad. Some families are separated because of that. Kids grow up without parents. Or, they have parents who have a hard time getting jobs because they have a weak ass felony on their record and many employers treat that as an automatic no. Government didn't care when they enacted these unjust laws because it mostly effected black people and that's why these drugs were made illegal to begin with. It had nothing to do with any real safety measures, it was all about the made up lies that it made black people crazy and they were going to rape and terrorize white women and such.

As it is, taxpayers are on the hook for millions upon millions to keep losing the war on drugs, as they're just as easy to get now than before the "war"; then we waste millions upon millions more to incarcerate, harass, and otherwise punish people who are harming nobody and interfering with the rights of nobody. Those should probably read billions, but I don't want to look up the numbers right now.

If you're truly concerned about the welfare of those that use, stop making them hide in the shadows. Stop making them buy from un-trusted sources. Make it easier for them to get help without being punished. Legalize it, then use those taxes to educate and rehabilitate instead of continuing to worsen society by making their lives even worse off because gov't says so.
                              That’s the theory anyway. Maybe the theory will prove correct. This theory isn’t working the way it was predicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

https://www.allsides.com/news/2022-0...ion-hard-drugs
                                The rate of overdose deaths in West Virginia is three times as high.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X