No announcement yet.

Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hip is really sore today. Shoulder seems fine. Scrape on my forearm seems okay. The goose is still dead. Ride on!
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      Hip is really sore today. Shoulder seems fine. Scrape on my forearm seems okay. The goose is still dead. Ride on!
      But you already have your Christmas Goose

Comment

Ran over a goose today. For real. F$@cking goose. ... Ran him over square as sh¹t.
        Wow. I've never heard of a biker hitting a goose. Or ducks. Or any bird. Frogs, yes. Dogs, yes. Snakes, yes. Birds, no. Turtles, no (what a-hole would hit a turtle with a bike?). But never a bird.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Hip is really sore today. Shoulder seems fine. Scrape on my forearm seems okay. The goose is still dead. Ride on!
          Many many moons ago I was making my way up Rock Road (car not bike but wait) for an early morning tee time at Willowbend. These were the days before any real commerce had made it past 29th N so 32nd to 37th was wide open land but a wide finished street existed. The car a couple hundred feet in front of me hit the brakes because a flock of geese were crossing in front. Knowing the driver of said 80s (new at the time) Caddy, I was pleasantly surprised to see him slow to avoid an avian massacre.

Imagine my surprise as he slowed down, only to see the driver's side door fly open and the driver lean out, seat belt still attached (auto ones of the day disengaging) and reach down and attempt to scoop up one of the lingering birds (I don't have to be faster than the car, I just have to be faster than you).

He (fortunately or unfortunately, viewers choice) failed in his attempt and without actually ever stopping the car, continued on, gooseless, but on time for golf.

To this day, one of the most epically humorous memories of my life. I still can hardly believe it was real.

When I asked him a couple of minutes later (in the parking lot) what in the holy hell he was trying to do, his answer was "I was gunna cook and eat the *** **** thing!"

100% true story.

Comment

• Geese usually honk!

Where there are geese there is Did you get any on you?

Comment

• It was all over the street up there. I did not shake the driver's hand though. Those were days prior to widespread hand sanitizer.

Comment

• There is goose sh1t all over the bike path. I landed in the grass. I'm sure there was some goose sh1t on me somewhere, but did not notice.

The ducks and geese on the trails have become locals. They don't migrate, they just sit around and make more ducks and geese. The bike paths follow flood control creeks and the water rarely completely freezes. So the they have food, water, cover and few predators. I want to put a duck blind next to the trail. Really, you don't even need a blind, they've all become acclimated to people.

Stupid geese.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

There is goose sh1t all over the bike path. I landed in the grass. I'm sure there was some goose sh1t on me somewhere, but did not notice.

The ducks and geese on the trails have become locals. They don't migrate, they just sit around and make more ducks and geese. The bike paths follow flood control creeks and the water rarely completely freezes. So the they have food, water, cover and few predators. I want to put a duck blind next to the trail. Really, you don't even need a blind, they've all become acclimated to people.

Stupid geese.
                  I would fund your duck blind if I were king of the world. I'm busy with my rehab. I would chalk some of the long road ahead to optimism bias. At least I'm making progress and ready to start going outside to ride again in another month or so. Except my rides will start around 10 miles and go up slowly.

Hope you are using your fluid trainer wherever you are....

Comment

• I know, I'm no stud like you guys, but so far I have a little over 9 miles this week. It's gorgeous outside!

Comment

• I just wanted to say congrats to KungWu on the cycling. Thought you were a runner, though, or am I confusing you with someone else?
                      Agreed that the weather has been wonderful this week. Other than the W-Th-F-S-Sun stretch of snow last week, I have been fortunate to get out every day (and found some cool photo opportunities over the last few months). Had one ride cut short last week (broken spoke) which I replaced when I got back to work. Got a new water bottle cage (velcro strap on) so there's that.

Got a cheap-o bike purse for a lot of my tools and phone and such. Looking at the long term forecast (don't know about accuracy) the next couple of weeks looks amazing (possibly reaching into the middle/upper 70s by March) with only a few weather hiccups.

Comment

• Shoulder surgery next week. No riding till May.. .

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                          I just wanted to say congrats to KungWu on the cycling. Thought you were a runner, though, or am I confusing you with someone else?
                          Okay, okay, my 9 miles was riding on my Sauconys, I'll admit it. But I did buy a cheap used Trek because of you guys and will also be putting it to use this Spring!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Okay, okay, my 9 miles was riding on my Sauconys, I'll admit it. But I did buy a cheap used Trek because of you guys and will also be putting it to use this Spring!
                            I’m still peddling my 1895 Schwinn… talk about a sore keister.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I’m still peddling my 1895 Schwinn… talk about a sore keister.
                              Isn't that a little hard to get on for an old fart like you?

old-bike-bicycle-big-small-wheel-white-background-31897257.jpg

Comment

• I would srrongly advise against riding bikes. If you've read this thread and are considering dipping your toe int the bicycle world, just back out skiwly, close the door and pretend you never saw any of this.

Cycling is like crack. I started on a used Trek, now I have a fleet of six bikes. Bought my first carbon fiber job. I can't seem to part with any of my bikes. I've already started dreaming of my next bike.

The worst part, my wife is normally the calming force when it comes to impulse buys, but she got into it, too. I have six bikes, she has seven.

Its for your own good, don't buy your first bike, it never ends.

Comment

Working...
                                X