Bicycle riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Oh, the young girls running around the lake were incredible today!
    MVJ is back!

Comment

• My wife celebrated the end of quarantine by purchasing a $1,400 Trek. $1250 out of the box, another $150 on bell's and whistles. Nice bike. Not great, but more than enough for her. 20200806_163832.jpg
      Attached Files
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Must be nice to walk into a bike shop and walk out with a bike. I went into my LBS a couple of days ago to find out about the gravel bike I have on order. It was supposed to be here in early August, now it shows a delivery date in January

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
          Must be nice to walk into a bike shop and walk out with a bike. I went into my LBS a couple of days ago to find out about the gravel bike I have on order. It was supposed to be here in early August, now it shows a delivery date in January
          It was the third bike store and first store with anything we were looking for. It fit her perfectly, was right in the $1500 price point, and she pulled the trigger. Disc brakes, tubeless ready rims, external bearings bottom bracket. Wheel clearance to run 700x40. Came with tubes and 700x 32.

The guys at the store told me that they started getting more normal shipments a 5week or so ago. This is a Trek store, so you probably should check out a Wichita Trek store.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            My wife celebrated the end of quarantine by purchasing a $1,400 Trek. $1250 out of the box, another $150 on bell's and whistles. Nice bike. Not great, but more than enough for her. 20200806_163832.jpg
            Tires look like road bike tires - slick.

Bicycle Pedaler in Wichita used to sell Trek. Haven't been over there in a long time (3 bike shops within 5 minutes of work downtown) I firmly believe, if you have the $,$$$ to spend, they will get you a bike anywhere within 5-10 days. Its like houses in the real estate market now.....houses in the 100-200k sell in like a week or two if they are nice. Pricey homes will sit and are more readily available. SO if you have $3-5K to drop on a nice bike, pretty sure they'll work with you because the supply doesn't turn over as quickly. But bikes in the $300-$1000 range may be more difficult to get a hold of.

Comment

• 23.1 miles. Ended up towing the wife - she has ZERO inspiration on where to ride/and distance. Beautiful morning, rain clouds in the area, so mostly cloudy, nice southerly breeze. So another one for the Wichita people....at one point we're bicycling in this tree canopy-covered mecca. Anyone in the area recognize it? This winding path is completely covered in this type of growth, lots of of twists/turns and path bridges, most which were (more) suited for cyclocross than road bikes, but, its paved, Bridges are wood plank.

Anyone? Like a clue???

spoiler
              space down below....

I'm thinking of a law that evicted students from a nearby university campus, the State University of New York at Stony Brook, who were leasing shared housing in the village.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                23.1 miles. Ended up towing the wife - she has ZERO inspiration on where to ride/and distance. Beautiful morning, rain clouds in the area, so mostly cloudy, nice southerly breeze. So another one for the Wichita people....at one point we're bicycling in this tree canopy-covered mecca. Anyone in the area recognize it? This winding path is completely covered in this type of growth, lots of of twists/turns and path bridges, most which were (more) suited for cyclocross than road bikes, but, its paved, Bridges are wood plank.

Anyone? Like a clue???

spoiler
                space down below....

I'm thinking of a law that evicted students from a nearby university campus, the State University of New York at Stony Brook, who were leasing shared housing in the village.
                Looks like my neighborhood. Pond on the right of that photo?

Comment

• The store we bought the bike from is a Trek store. I dont think Trek owns the store, but it seems almost like a franchise. The only bikes they sell are Trek, the only accessories are Bontraeger. All branding in the Store is Trek. Everyone working is wearing matching Trek gear. You can buy Trek and Bontraeger elsewhere, but this is the only bike store I go to that only has one manufacturer. It may also be why they have some bikes. Not a lot of bikes, but some.

Comment

• I thought I’d been on every bike path in Wichita this summer, but I don’t recognize this path. Help me out JV. Your going to have to give me a more obvious clue.

I did 27 this morning doing my little Andover tour, making a total of making a total of 79 miles for the week. I’m glad I got the ride in this morning because it looks like it’s going to be a hot miserable afternoon. I think I’ll stay inside and watch the PGA

Comment

I thought I’d been on every bike path in Wichita this summer, but I don’t recognize this path. Help me out JV. Your going to have to give me a more obvious clue.

I did 27 this morning doing my little Andover tour, making a total of making a total of 79 miles for the week. I’m glad I got the ride in this morning because it looks like it’s going to be a hot miserable afternoon. I think I’ll stay inside and watch the PGA
                      Agreed. The morning was beautiful.

Hot humid and sunny by the time we got home.

As for clues.....yes, there is a pond not far from that picture along the path on the right as someone mentioned, and a fountain. East side - almost to Andover. "Centrally" located. LOL.

Comment

• Well, shoot... I wrote up a big long explanation of my bike purchasing woes as the second part of my previous post and Shockernet discarded it. I’m not typing all that in again. But just to quickly address some of the comments, I’m buying a Specialized Diverge Sport gravel bike from Bicycle Peddler. The Sport is a middle of the line carbon bike, and is not cheap! Bike ordered May 23, now showing a delivery date of January 2021. I think a combination of the pandemic and a lack of forward thinking by BP have me in this situation.

Comment

• So is that a real bike path, or a neighborhood walking path?

Comment

So is that a real bike path, or a neighborhood walking path?
                            Neighborhood. Those are the fun paths to try and locate.

Comment

Well, shoot... I wrote up a big long explanation of my bike purchasing woes as the second part of my previous post and Shockernet discarded it. I’m not typing all that in again. But just to quickly address some of the comments, I’m buying a Specialized Diverge Sport gravel bike from Bicycle Peddler. The Sport is a middle of the line carbon bike, and is not cheap! Bike ordered May 23, now showing a delivery date of January 2021. I think a combination of the pandemic and a lack of forward thinking by BP have me in this situation.
                              I was trying to look up Specialized bikes, and a LOT of the bicycles online say "shipping Aug 23-Sept 14". Funny, too, because the Ad Listing says "
                              Specialized Diverge - Buy Now, Pay Later when what they probably fail to mention is the reason you pay later is the bikes don't show up for weeks/months in some cases. 6-8 month wait for a bicycle is unacceptable. I'd have to move on....its almost like Bike Ped lost your order or something and you had to go to the back of the line that stretched to Terre Haute.

Last edited by JVShocker; August 9, 2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• NOTE TO MADDOG:

https://www.eriksbikeshop.com/specia...?skuId=8055122

3701 W 95th St
                                Leawood, KS 66206
                                913-428-8430

If this is the same eriksbikeshop in Lenexa, Kansas....they HAVE IN STOCK the bike you want in 54, 56, 58 and 61 size for PICKUP ONLY. No shipping. Check it out????? Cancel your BP order and make the 2.5 hour drive and you'll hit the trails next weekend. Might be worth a phone call to see if they still have them.

Also: Bike shop in Boulder, CO has diff sizes available and looks like diff colors. They may ship to select areas.
                                https://www.ubikes.com/product/speci...n-378155-1.htm
                                University CyclesBoulder, CO

839 Pearl Street

Boulder, CO 80302

Get Directions | Email
                                (303) 444-4196
                                Open till 5pm today apparently.
                                Last edited by JVShocker; August 9, 2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X