Favorite TV shows anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished The Boys. Pretty decent
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

We finally finished Terminal List. Great series! But the ending?!? ... uuugh.
      Agreed. Didn’t want to spoil it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Agreed. Didn’t want to spoil it though.
        Yeah, I won't say more, but ... damn!!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
          I just finished The Boys. Pretty decent
          I've enjoyed that one, but haven't gotten to the new season yet.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This one's a little different, but we just finished (and enjoyed) the first season of Outer Range (Josh Brolin stars) on Amazon Prime. Though I haven't watched Yellowstone, I've heard others say it's like that, but in the Sci-Fi realm.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              This one's a little different, but we just finished (and enjoyed) the first season of Outer Range (Josh Brolin stars) on Amazon Prime. Though I haven't watched Yellowstone, I've heard others say it's like that, but in the Sci-Fi realm.
              Yeah, that was a good one.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Just zipped through season one of Fauda on Netflix. HIGHLY recommend. Fictional story, but it's a really gripping and fascinating look at the IDF's search for a terrorist, written by former members of the IDF.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

House of the Dragon is good

Rings of Power is freaking fanstastic. Rivals Game of Thrones at its peak, without relying on sex or nudity. $1B well spent.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm loving House of the Dragon.

I can't even start Rings of Power because for me, the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy was dog **** boring. I know I'm in the minority.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If you have Peacock, The Undeclared War and The Capture are both good. Both are mini-series that first aired in Great Britain and are 6 episodes apiece, so you can binge and watch them over a day or two. The Undeclared War is set in 2024 and is about Russia interfering with the elections in Britain via cyber war and The Capture is good and centers around all the cameras in London and whether crimes caught on camera actually happened or not.

Also, I just noticed Peacock is running a special where you can get Peacock Premium for $1.99 a month for a year. The regular price is $4.99 a month, so if you're the kind who keeps a streaming service for a long period of time vs just cancelling it after a month or two, the special may be a good buy.
                      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        House of the Dragon is good

Rings of Power is freaking fanstastic. Rivals Game of Thrones at its peak, without relying on sex or nudity. $1B well spent.
                        We are enjoying both, but I have a complaint about newer TVs (bought ours last fall), and maybe someone has found a solution. The resolution and sharpness of the video image has caused it to lose that cinematic feel. It has a soap opera look to it, like I'm on the set watching the filming. I've reduced the sharpness some and played with a few settings to help a little. Are we the only ones noticing this?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

We are enjoying both, but I have a complaint about newer TVs (bought ours last fall), and maybe someone has found a solution. The resolution and sharpness of the video image has caused it to lose that cinematic feel. It has a soap opera look to it, like I'm on the set watching the filming. I've reduced the sharpness some and played with a few settings to help a little. Are we the only ones noticing this?
                          No, you aren’t. That’s the depth of 4k. It takes some time to get used to. It really bothers me with football because it feels like a video game when the camera moves with the players.
                          I have learned to ignore it. I also have big JBL headphones that I crank up to 11 and that helps immerse me into the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            I'm loving House of the Dragon.

I can't even start Rings of Power because for me, the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy was dog **** boring. I know I'm in the minority.
                            It follows the more nuanced storyline style of GOT or HOTD. IMO, LOTR would have been an even greater TV show, allowing each movie to be essentially 10 hours long.

Comment

• My wife said thank you for The Capture & Undeclared War

Comment

• If you like Longmire, Justified and Yellowstone, two words: Joe Pickett. It’s on Paramount+ but if you don’t have it, it is often promoting a seven day free trial.

Comment

Working...
                                X