Wichita Eagle Is A Disgrace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

c'mon man.. we get discriminated against enough! never the less, i'll come in trade with some chicken jalfarezi and saffron rice.
    With a...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Salt Lake’s two daily newspapers are now reducing to a weekly paper and monthly magazine. The way Taylor runs around covering all the sports, it makes me wonder if the Eagle is not far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by RajFaheen View Post
        Thousands of Kansans who filed for unemployment due to COVID still have not seen an unemployment check in 6 weeks. Did you know that if you received a severance (no matter if it is $50 or $10,000) you will not have your filed reviewed by the Kansas Department of Labor for 4 weeks and will not receive any unemployment for at least 8 weeks?

The Wichita Eagle, who often wonders why local journalism is dying, has not written an article about the unemployment debacle and the plight it has caused the people it supposedly serves in almost a month now. Today's featured article is about Wichita Public Pools. I S### You Not.

Our company laid off several lower level employees and thought we were doing them a favor because they could actually make the same if not more staying home. Only 1 of the 8 has received a check and it has been nearly 6 weeks. I feel terrible. They can not call....it goes to a recording....their is no email address available. I contacted our congressmen and they are just as frustrated.

Meanwhile, you can go to today's Eagle and read several riveting articles on the first page. Pools, a hot mic incident, and the farmer's market. hahahaha
        Don't move to Texas.....it's worse down here. If you get a severance here, it is offset against your unemployment. For instance, if you make $2000 a week and get a 40K severance, you can't even draw unemployment for 20 weeks, let alone the processing delays and backlog due to the pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
          Salt Lake’s two daily newspapers are now reducing to a weekly paper and monthly magazine. The way Taylor runs around covering all the sports, it makes me wonder if the Eagle is not far behind.
          Gotta wonder if practically every paper is not far behind.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
          X