Wichita Eagle Is A Disgrace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita Eagle Is A Disgrace

Thousands of Kansans who filed for unemployment due to COVID still have not seen an unemployment check in 6 weeks. Did you know that if you received a severance (no matter if it is $50 or $10,000) you will not have your filed reviewed by the Kansas Department of Labor for 4 weeks and will not receive any unemployment for at least 8 weeks?

The Wichita Eagle, who often wonders why local journalism is dying, has not written an article about the unemployment debacle and the plight it has caused the people it supposedly serves in almost a month now. Today's featured article is about Wichita Public Pools. I S### You Not.

Our company laid off several lower level employees and thought we were doing them a favor because they could actually make the same if not more staying home. Only 1 of the 8 has received a check and it has been nearly 6 weeks. I feel terrible. They can not call....it goes to a recording....their is no email address available. I contacted our congressmen and they are just as frustrated.

Meanwhile, you can go to today's Eagle and read several riveting articles on the first page. Pools, a hot mic incident, and the farmer's market. hahahaha

the eagle writes to get clicks these days. if you want information, you have to go to google.

my neighbor's son got laid off.. no severance.. he bought a lawn mower and is building a route. from what i understand he already has about 30 lawns. when its time for him to go back to school, he'll sell his route to one of the bigger firms. there is lots of opportunity right now. sitting at home is a disgrace to the american spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
      the eagle writes to get clicks these days.
      I guess it’s not working. They continually ask me for donations to support local journalism so that they can keep the lights on
      Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; May 13, 2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I dont live in Wichita, dont read the Eagle, dont know much about it. It might be a disgrace, might not, but just because they haven't reported on delays in welfare, during a pandemic and shelter in place orders, hardly makes it a disgrace. Give me more instances to form an opinion.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I don’t care to weigh in on whether or not the eagle is a disgrace but I’ve definitely seen multiple stories about the unemployment payment situation.

Comment

i've never been so pissed off about something that i'd create an account on a website to post a complaint... but never the less welcome to shockernet RajFaheen

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
              i've never been so pissed off about something that i'd create an account on a website to post a complaint... but never the less welcome to shockernet RajFaheen
              Thank you abdullah. Next time you are in the KC area swing by the 7-eleven and grab a delicious Big-Bite Hot Dog and a XL Slurpee. On the house

Comment

Originally posted by RajFaheen View Post

Thank you abdullah. Next time you are in the KC area swing by the 7-eleven and grab a delicious Big-Bite Hot Dog and a XL Slurpee. On the house
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Some on this board indicated “nothing to see here” when the Eagle moved print operations to KC. However most on this board understood at the time it was an indication of things to come.

HS sports is badly covered, as is local news. It is a shell of what it used to be. Apparently KC hates the Star as well.

if McClatchey is still the parent company, their stock sells for ten cents per share. In Bankruptcy? It’s only a matter of time.

i hope a local entity purchases the Eagle

Comment

Having an Eagle subscription has saved me money on buying 'sacred' toilet paper...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Having an Eagle subscription has saved me money on buying 'sacred' toilet paper...

i hope you don't just have a digital subscription.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 13, 2020, 06:16 PM.

Comment

People don't want journalism. If they did, the market and quality would be better. Just that simple.
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Get lost you God**** Snowflake! Or Chicken. Or, whatever you are... Probably voted for Romney.

; D

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Get lost you God**** Snowflake! Or Chicken. Or, whatever you are... Probably voted for Romney.

; D
                            Don't like hot dogs? They have only been on the hot rollers for 4 hours

Comment

c'mon man.. we get discriminated against enough! never the less, i'll come in trade with some chicken jalfarezi and saffron rice.

Comment

Working...
                              X