Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post
    I just do not get this thinking (if you want to call it that). He is concerned about getting "herd immunity" by forced vaccination of those who are at risk by not having forced vaccination. If they do not want it, what the heck does he care. They're the ones taking the risk, not him. After all, he's been vaccinated.

I don't have any idea how he plans to attack those who are vaccinated, get COVID, and pass it on to others whether they are vaccinated or not and so forth. What am I missing here?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I just do not get this thinking (if you want to call it that). He is concerned about getting "herd immunity" by forced vaccination of those who are at risk by not having forced vaccination. If they do not want it, what the heck does he care. They're the ones taking the risk, not him. After all, he's been vaccinated.

I don't have any idea how he plans to attack those who are vaccinated, get COVID, and pass it on to others whether they are vaccinated or not and so forth. What am I missing here?
      It’s not about logic, it’s about power. He doesn’t have any justification to force his will on others, but he sure as hell understands violent oppression!
      Livin the dream

Comment

• These are the same people who will say, "I would never have joined the Nazis if I were in Germany in the 30's"

Um hmmm
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• The title says it's satire.

Comment

• Well, here we go ...... Kansas City (public) schools have decided that everyone will mask up for the 21-22 school year.

I'm all but certain they will also vote to add the vax to the list of vaxes needed to attend. This is only the beginning. There's eventually going to be a line in the sand....will it be here, or with something similar, or will it be when too many people finally realize freedom is at risk? I hate this path....there will be no winners. Vote EVERYONE out and start over.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Well, here we go ...... Kansas City (public) schools have decided that everyone will mask up for the 21-22 school year.

I'm all but certain they will also vote to add the vax to the list of vaxes needed to attend. This is only the beginning. There's eventually going to be a line in the sand....will it be here, or with something similar, or will it be when too many people finally realize freedom is at risk? I hate this path....there will be no winners. Vote EVERYONE out and start over.
              Maybe we should rethink democracy?
              Livin the dream

Comment

• There's a reason public school enrollment has been down recently.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• US virus cases nearly triple in 2 weeks amid misinformation

MISSION, Kan. (AP) — COVID-19 cases nearly tripled in the U.S. over two weeks amid an onslaught of vaccine misinformation that is straining hospitals, exhausting doctors and pushing clergy into the fray.

“Our staff, they are frustrated,” said Chad Neilsen, director of infection prevention at UF Health Jacksonville, a Florida hospital that is canceling elective surgeries and procedures after the number of mostly unvaccinated COVID-19 inpatients at its two campuses jumped to 134, up from a low of 16 in mid-May.

“They are tired. They are thinking this is déjà vu all over again, and there is some anger because we know that this is a largely preventable situation, and people are not taking advantage of the vaccine.”

Across the U.S., the seven-day rolling average for daily new cases rose over the past two weeks to more than 37,000 on Tuesday, up from less than 13,700 on July 6, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. Health officials blame the delta variant and slowing vaccination rates. Just 56.2% of Americans have gotten at least one dose of the vaccine, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
                  “It is like seeing the car wreck before it happens,” said Dr. James Williams, a clinical associate professor of emergency medicine at Texas Tech, who has recently started treating more COVID-19 patients. “None of us want to go through this again.”

He said the patients are younger — many in their 20s, 30s and 40s — and overwhelmingly unvaccinated.

While Covid-19 cases in the United States have been rising in almost every state over the past week, a handful have been driving the bulk of the nationwide surge.

Nationally 48.8% of people are fully vaccinated, but some states, like Alabama with 33.9% and Arkansas with 35.5%, are particularly struggling to get a high enough vaccination rate to slow or stop the spread of the virus, according to the CDC.

That is especially heartbreaking, two doctors say, when patients decide they want the vaccine too late.

"What I really wish you could see, is to look into the eyes of a young father or a gentleman who knows that they may be short for this world because they didn't get their vaccine, and the regret and remorse on their face -- and fear," Dr. Michael Bolding at Arkansas' Washington Regional Medical Center said in a video he made to beg Arkansas residents to get vaccinated.

A doctor in Alabama said one of the last things her patients do before they are intubated due to Covid-19, is beg her for the vaccine, but she has to tell them it's too late.

When those patients die and she talks to their family, they tell her they thought the virus was a hoax, Dr. Brytney Cobia of Grandview Medical Center said in a Facebook post. She said she tells them the best way to honor their loved one is to get vaccinated.

"I go back to my office, write their death note, and say a small prayer that this loss will save more lives," Cobia wrote, urging people to ask her questions about the vaccine. "It's not too late, but some day it might be."
                  One of the ways I soothe myself after reading the irrational, inane, misguided comments in this thread is to imagine I am just on the receiving end of an elaborate troll. That gives my brain closure.

Comment

• Take it from the good doctor or take it from the good CB; wake up dummies and start believing in this pandemic. It clearly believes in you.

Comment

• How could Biden let this happen???
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• In mid April, 2020 we saw ~ 40k new daily cases. And ~ 2000 daily deaths.

we are currently seeing 45k daily new cases and about 300 deaths.

Humanity wins again!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Our Cold friend has lost a lot of hair.
                          Ooof, I kept waiting for some sort of funny ending or punchline. Then I realized that he wasn't joking...scary.

Comment

• Again, I will reiterate, if you are vaccinated and the vaccine works, what are you worried about? Just doesn't make logical sense to be this up in arms about it, unless you are power hungry or afraid of your own shadow or are a government puppet.

Comment

• Hey! Looks like Fox News decided to contribute to today's pandemic news cycle. I wonder what story they decided to go with...

Eric Clapton says he won't play at venues where coronavirus vaccine proof is required

Eric Clapton has said he will not perform at any venues that require attendees to prove that they have received their full vaccination from the coronavirus.

The musician and outspoken vaccine skeptic issued a statement that was highly critical of U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s announcement that vaccine passes would be required to enter nightclubs and other live performance venues in light of increasing coronavirus cases.

The "Wonderful Tonight" singer issued a statement on the Telegram account of film producer and architect Robin Monotti, a known COVID-19 vaccination skeptic as well. In it, he issued a direct response to Johnson’s announcement and called the situation for those who do not wish to get the vaccine discriminatory.
                              Ah yes... Looks like they dug up an anti-vaxx kook in order to satiate their Covidiot readership. But of course!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                How could Biden let this happen???
                                The damage was done looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooong before Biden ever entered office. Biden has demonstrated calm and consistent messaging on the crisis which is exactly what you want out of your leader.

I wonder what Biden's approval rating is on Coronavirus issues?

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ronavirus-poll

Sixty-six percent approve of Biden handling of coronavirus: poll

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN26T3OF

Trump's handling of coronavirus pandemic hits record low approval: Reuters/Ipsos poll

Trump's was 37% right before he left office.

Donald Trump’s final job approval rating as president was 29% in a Pew Research Center poll released last week, the lowest of his presidency and a 9 percentage point drop since August, when 38% of U.S. adults approved. The decrease stood out because even some of the momentous events of the past four years did not affect Trump’s approval rating very much.
                                FYI: His final overall approval rating.

Comment

Working...
                                X