Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Shapiro @benshapiro
    So once it became clear that covid was not in fact a pagan god visiting vengeance on the unwashed Trump voters alone, the media and Democrats are now willing to admit the following:

1. Cloth masks are ineffective against omicron (Leanna Wen, CNN);
    2. The vaccinated can spread and get covid;
    3. The death rate is comparable to the flu (Chris Hayes);
    4. Many people are entering hospitals with covid, not from covid (Fauci);
    5. Natural immunity is a reason omicron hasn't been as virulent (Fauci);
    6. We have to take into account societal needs, not just spread prevention (CDC);
    7. The asymptomatic should not be tested (NFL);
    8. We should focus on hospitalizations and deaths, not case rate (Biden);
    9. Children are not at risk and schools should remain open;
    10. Covid is predominantly an illness affecting the immunocompromised and elderly and we should not shut down society.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Ben Shapiro @benshapiro
      So once it became clear that covid was not in fact a pagan god visiting vengeance on the unwashed Trump voters alone, the media and Democrats are now willing to admit the following:

1. Cloth masks are ineffective against omicron (Leanna Wen, CNN);
      2. The vaccinated can spread and get covid;
      3. The death rate is comparable to the flu (Chris Hayes);
      4. Many people are entering hospitals with covid, not from covid (Fauci);
      5. Natural immunity is a reason omicron hasn't been as virulent (Fauci);
      6. We have to take into account societal needs, not just spread prevention (CDC);
      7. The asymptomatic should not be tested (NFL);
      8. We should focus on hospitalizations and deaths, not case rate (Biden);
      9. Children are not at risk and schools should remain open;
      10. Covid is predominantly an illness affecting the immunocompromised and elderly and we should not shut down society.
      I used to really like Ben Shapiro, I thought he was genuinely intelligent. What he's doing here is repulsive and deceptive as it will continue to give the gullible what they want to maintain their delusion. This is disinformation at it's finest. Just scramble context and chronology and then Presto!, you've created lies out of truth. So very sad.

Comment

• Because cold pondered this question, here’s the State sponsored answer:
        Livin the dream

Comment

• This is one of the most fundamentally disturbing articles I've read in a while. It articulates so many things I know to be true. But seeing them in print leaves me totally despondent.

Good guys fail and retards win. *sigh*

I think I'm gonna stop posting in here again. Hopefully the pandemic will have passed before I come back. I'm so ashamed of people. I can't even complain anymore. I'm spent.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            https://www.kansas.com/news/coronavi...256944712.html

This is one of the most fundamentally disturbing articles I've read in a while. It articulates so many things I know to be true. But seeing them in print leaves me totally despondent.

I think I'm gonna stop posting in here again. Hopefully the pandemic will have passed before I come back. I'm so ashamed of people. I can't even complain anymore. I'm spent.
            Your best post ever if you do stop posting.

Comment

https://www.kansas.com/news/coronavi...256944712.html

This is one of the most fundamentally disturbing articles I've read in a while. It articulates so many things I know to be true. But seeing them in print leaves me totally despondent.

Staffing shortages due to vaccine mandates are the primary driver. That and people going to the ER who don't really need to go but have been fear mongered by the disgusting MSM and Biden Admin to think they are going to immediately die if they get Covid.

Comment

I used to really like Ben Shapiro, I thought he was genuinely intelligent. What he's doing here is repulsive and deceptive as it will continue to give the gullible what they want to maintain their delusion. This is disinformation at it's finest. Just scramble context and chronology and then Presto!, you've created lies out of truth. So very sad.
                You mean the disinformation from the people he included in his ( )? Nothing he said there is false.

Comment

Comment

• Whites need not apply for Covid treatments such as monoclonial antibodies. You are not eligible if you are white.

The state of New York said it will prioritize non-White people in the distribution of COVID-19 treatments in short supply.

New York’s Department of Health released a document detailing their plan to distribute the treatments, such as monoclonal antibody treatment and antiviral pills.

The plan includes a section on eligibility for the scarce antiviral pills that people must meet to receive the treatment, including a line stating a person needs to have "a medical condition or other factors that increase their risk for severe illness."

One such "risk factor" is being a race or ethnicity that is not White due to "longstanding systemic health and social inequities"

"Non-white race or Hispanic/Latino ethnicity should be considered a risk factor, as longstanding systemic health and social inequities have contributed to an increased risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19," the memo reads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Staffing shortages due to vaccine mandates are the primary driver. That and people going to the ER who don't really need to go but have been fear mongered by the disgusting MSM and Biden Admin to think they are going to immediately die if they get Covid.
                      I don't believe Wesley has a vaccine mandate.
                      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Because cold pondered this question, here’s the State sponsored answer:
                        He always ignores the posts that own him.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So if a child goes into the hospital for a broken arm and tests positive for Covid, it goes into the COVID numbers?
                          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                            So if a child goes into the hospital for a broken arm and tests positive for Covid, it goes into the COVID numbers?
                            Correct.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                              My hospital shifts (which they asked me to do after 10 years) are clearly unrelated to the global pandemic and directly linked to hospital profits. You guys are crazy; I'm done.
                              Moving this to the Covid thread as to not detract from the MBB forum. Please don't stop posting on my behalf as I'm not trying to make any enemies here.

My better half is currently working as a nurse in a Covid unit as I type this. I have a tremendous amount of respect for those working on the front lines. That said, I'm not sure where you disagree with my statement on hospital profits. When my wife was a nurse manager before the pandemic, she constantly struggled to get buy in from hospital and division leadership to hire more staff. The hospital had a specific staff to patient ratio and they wouldn't approve any staff additions over it. Leadership didn't care if you had a nurse out on maternity leave, vacations, etc. It was all about the bottom line. When the patient census would rise, they would always be understaffed and forced to block beds. My simple point is the hospitals don't staff for surges.

Nevertheless, hospital profits are higher than ever. The stock price for HCA is up over 57% in the last year. Does anyone else not find this disturbing?

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                                My hospital shifts (which they asked me to do after 10 years) are clearly unrelated to the global pandemic and directly linked to hospital profits. You guys are crazy; I'm done.
                                Y'all are talking about two different problems with different causes, I think.

Doctor shortages: https://www.leveragerx.com/blog/us-doctor-shortage/

... have a different cause than ...

Nurse shortages: https://dailynurse.com/nnu-hospital-...affing-crisis/

Though both ultimately have the same root cause (strained operating capital at the typical hospital) and can be tied back to liberal policy regarding our healthcare (price controls and government interference leading to abuse and out-of-this-world skyrocketing prices).

And yeah, doctor shortages during an R0 >> 5 outbreak has to suck badly. I feel for ya OregonShocker. Keep up the good fight!
                                Last edited by Kung Wu; December 31, 2021, 04:13 PM.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X