This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figured one thread.... might keep things less cluttered

Instead of having any attempt at actual discussion blown out due to attempts of poster intimidation.... here you go. I expect a good turn out for this thread and will be very disappointed if any of you hold back.

I am actually glad you created this. T minus 5 before _kai_ deletes it... but before he does, does this remind anyone of BCSCat?
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Here's what bugs me about you, ICThawk:

Why the sudden obsession with a Wichita State board? 35 posts in 3 days time in your "first" visit here? Did you lurk at all? Did you talk to board admins about being a host of a KU website, and what kind of response that might bring? I saw KU play in Allen Fieldhouse once. Was a great game they should have lost. I was only a few rows away from where Jacque Vaughn hit the 3 pointer to beat Indiana. I never had much hatred for KU fans, until they lost to UNI. All of a sudden they want to talk down to be because they couldn't beat a UNI team that they said "Shouldn't have been there in the first place"

Comment

Wait wait wait... WHY IS THIS IN MENS BASKETBALL, NOOB? EVER HEARD OF OFF TOPIC?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Whatchu talkin bout @shock:? It is in off-topic!

Comment

Thank you. Now I will try and explain to you why everyone treats you the way they do and proactive steps you can take if you truly want to change that.

1. Understand that you are a kansas fan, and that alone is a red flag. Obviously there is not much you can do to change your school affiliation. We shall let that one slide.

2. Your avatar is equivalent to a UT fan on the A&M board with an avi that says hookem horns or just a red candle. There is much hate, probably much more than you can fathom. I suggest you change it and just leave it blank.

3. You may not realize it, or maybe you do, but your posts are very passive aggressive. I suggest that you study up on the shox before you post, and post very very slowly and carefully.

4. Here are 2 posters from other schools whose posts you can study and emulate:
            @JAGERVEGAS:
            @DoubleJayAlum:

Here is one that got banned right before you joined and honestly is a lot like you. I suggest you read their posts to know what NOT to do:
            @BCSCat:

That is all.

P.S. I have no love in my heart for anything ku but I was the closest to being a fan during the Todd Reesing era, and I feel for TRob. That said, ku can go... nevermind.

That is really all now

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              Here's what bugs me about you, ICThawk:

Why the sudden obsession with a Wichita State board? 35 posts in 3 days time in your "first" visit here? Did you lurk at all? Did you talk to board admins about being a host of a KU website, and what kind of response that might bring? I saw KU play in Allen Fieldhouse once. Was a great game they should have lost. I was only a few rows away from where Jacque Vaughn hit the 3 pointer to beat Indiana. I never had much hatred for KU fans, until they lost to UNI. All of a sudden they want to talk down to be because they couldn't beat a UNI team that they said "Shouldn't have been there in the first place"
              I wasn't aware that I had to ask permission to join a message board. I post on a handfull of different teams and never felt the need to get approval. With that said I have had a couple members (IDK if they are admins) PM me here and elsewhere and all have said welcome to the boards. Perhaps I should have forwarded them around to keep you all in the loop.

As to your actual problem with me and KU, I think you would find I am not your stuck up KU fan. Sadly, many of you have painted me with that brush after my first post. I've been to many WSU games. I have always followed WSU bball somewhat. I have made many posts here in the last few days because I was quoted and spoken too. I have offered my opinions and then backed them up when asked to.

I have no problem with MidMajors. They are one of the best parts of the NCAA Tourny. In fact I was screaming for WSU to be in the NCAA over some of the absolute PUD BCS schools that made it. You might know this about me if you actually read some of my posts the way they were written and not through anti-crimson glasses. I'm not here to flame, or troll, however I am also not here to pump sunshine at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                Whatchu talkin bout @shock:? It is in off-topic!
                Smart-one up there started it in Mens Basketball, and someone moved it after i posted that.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Thank you. Now I will try and explain to you why everyone treats you the way they do and proactive steps you can take if you truly want to change that.

1. Understand that you are a kansas fan, and that alone is a red flag. Obviously there is not much you can do to change your school affiliation. We shall let that one slide.

2. Your avatar is equivalent to a UT fan on the A&M board with an avi that says hookem horns or just a red candle. There is much hate, probably much more than you can fathom. I suggest you change it and just leave it blank.

3. You may not realize it, or maybe you do, but your posts are very passive aggressive. I suggest that you study up on the shox before you post, and post very very slowly and carefully.

4. Here are 2 posters from other schools whose posts you can study and emulate:
                  @JAGERVEGAS
                  @DoubleJayAlum

Here is one that got banned right before you joined and honestly is a lot like you. I suggest you read their posts to know what NOT to do:
                  @BCSCat

That is all.

P.S. I have no love in my heart for anything ku but I was the closest to being a fan during the Todd Reesing era, and I feel for TRob. That said, ku can go... nevermind.

That is really all now
                  I appreciate the effort but I'm not looking to fit into the mold that you all find acceptable. I came here because WSU fans told me it was the best Shocker forum for actual discussion. Some of you hate my avatar.... you hate KU.... and I will never understand why. We aren't rivals (like your example of UT/A&M), we never play anymore, we don't fight for the same recruits (beyond Ellis). You hate all things KU because you view our fans as stuck up *** hats. I will not deny that there are many fringe KU fans that behave this way. With that said, WSU is not clear of this behavior either. You have a stereotype as well. I'm not here to change you, or myself. Just came in looking for actual discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
                    As to your actual problem with me and KU, I think you would find I am not your stuck up KU fan. Sadly, many of you have painted me with that brush after my first post. I've been to many WSU games. I have always followed WSU bball somewhat. I have made many posts here in the last few days because I was quoted and spoken too. I have offered my opinions and then backed them up when asked to.

I'm not here to flame, or troll, however I am also not here to pump sunshine at you.
                    Originally posted by ICThawk
                    Gentleman and WuLords, I come to make my presence known in your lovely boards of messaging. Before I continue I feel it necessary to list my credentials.

PROS:
                    I have lived here all my life.

I own two WSU shirts.

I love Spangles.

CONS:
                    Co-Owner of WavingTheWheat.com

Complete Jaytard, Hawktard, Ghey-U Fan

With those things in mind, I come for enlightened discussion and minor level trolling. Good Day to you all.
                    What is this?

Comment

ICTHawk, you will never win with some posters here. We're talking a tinfoil-hat-wearing level of paranoia about KU, and how KU actively exerts calories to oppress WSU.

Anyway, welcome.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        What is this?
                        Pfffttttttt are you serious Clark? Sarcasm meter broken? That whole post was done as a farce. I hate Spangles!

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                          ICTHawk, you will never win with some posters here. We're talking a tinfoil-hat-wearing level of paranoia about KU, and how KU actively exerts calories to oppress WSU.

Anyway, welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
                            I appreciate the effort but I'm not looking to fit into the mold that you all find acceptable. I came here because WSU fans told me it was the best Shocker forum for actual discussion. Some of you hate my avatar.... you hate KU.... and I will never understand why. We aren't rivals (like your example of UT/A&M), we never play anymore, we don't fight for the same recruits (beyond Ellis). You hate all things KU because you view our fans as stuck up *** hats. I will not deny that there are many fringe KU fans that behave this way. With that said, WSU is not clear of this behavior either. You have a stereotype as well. I'm not here to change you, or myself. Just came in looking for actual discussion.
                            All many of us are riled about is lack of respect. you come in here and treat SN like SN came over to the Phog. This is not the Phog. It will never be the Phog. Please know that. If you don't it is considered trolling, because you are deliberately riling posters. I have no problem with someone liking ku. I have a problem with your attitude. If you want genuine discussion, respect our buttons and don't push them.

Comment

That is the ugliest avatar I've ever seen. It just looks like an ill turkey, with no legs.

Comment

Working...
                              X